SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
Perhaps reveal your true identity?

He is batman and i am spooderman.

As it was revealed in a previous post i am Batman. As for the spooderman fuck i pissed myself from laughing. "wit greit pauer kams greit risbonsipiliti"

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
167 pages. Has GGG ever posted in this? Think they even noticed? Did at least one guy bring a memo to Chris saying hey I think we might have a problem related to ascend in lab?

They dont need to post here, and to be honest it wouldnt be proffesional to put themselves in a much heated "discusion". "Discussion" because only one side has the skills to add to it, while the majority of the other just sees and says imaginary things.

They are indeed aware of the problem, Chris specifically has received quite the number of complaints regarding the lab. GGG's policy (as it seems until now) is to ingore it, until it dies, which unless people are total fuckups isnt going to happen soon. They will eventually have to come up with a solution. Also @turtledove is the man, always delivering.

Everyone's favourite time, STATS TIME! Disclaimer : The only assumption in the following (and thus not a hard fact) is that the number of the players that use the standalone client is around 4times more from the one that uses steam client, for a total of 50k active users at the moment. That number is not totally random, i took account the number of subscribers in poe.youtube, views of popular youtubers that make poe content, averages in twitch.tv and then compared to that of other games whose total active player numbers are not a secret. Also google trends graphs as well as older reddit and forum speculation numbers.

4.1k players in the proSC lab ladder (merci + endgame)

630 players in proHC lab ladder (merci + endgame)

70% of endgame proHC ladder consists of juggernauts, on the top 100 the value is 85% juggernauts. The number of juggernauts in merci proHC lab ladder is around 40%.

Around 6k total people in lab ladders throughout ALL leagues.

Now comes the even funnier aspect of the stats :

Steam chart 10k players for path of exile. Most people play on standalone though right? lets say 4times more players use the standalone client. Making the total number of poe players 50k.

6/50 = 12% of the total playerbase actually are eligible for lab ladders. If we take that a step further thats about the number of players actually liking and/or withstanding the lab due to the rewards.

Now have in mind that from those eligible for the ladders there is at least a 10-15% that only does it for the Ascendancy Points. You can see how that is true if you have a look at the previous lab numbers and check that those who got their points in the start do not run it.

Those stats also go in perfect line with those GGG released in the perandus league : Labyrinth 6.0503%. Add to that those who run the endgame lab because its insanely profitable and you can actually see that the 12% is pretty close to that.

Were does that brings us? Worse numbers percentage-wise than those PvP seasons had (at least in the start).

Were does GGG stand ? Nobody knows, they even neglected every single inquiry about the labyrinth in the Q&A (both parts for fucks shake). GGG WAKE UP, IGNORING THE COMPLAINTS DOES NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE.

Here is a question directly to GGG devs. When will you make a manifesto post regarding the labyrinth? Were is the idea, development proccess, numbers, player retention etc for the thing you are so proud of? Almost five months in, and the only info about it that you released is the one from the 2nd week of perandus that showed how poorly it was received then. Are you still gonna so arrogantly ignore it? Are you ok with it killing a huge part of the game and the fun? A simple post about the whole thing and what future holds for it, the ascendancy points and us the players. Thank you in advance

EDIT : @prebornfetus i saw you made some lab suggestions, i hope you wont mind if i incorporate some of them into the opening post, credits will go to you ofcourse.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Jul 13, 2016, 7:08:46 PM
"
Regulator wrote:
EDIT : @prebornfetus i saw you made some lab suggestions, i hope you wont mind if i incorporate some of them into the opening post, credits will go to you ofcourse.

Yah sure go nuts!
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
Has GGG ever posted in this? Think they even noticed?

Well. yes to be fair, they have:

"
Good evening everyone. While we love feedback from all views, we certainly would prefer it if discussions were kept civil and polite. Everyone has the right to give feedback and offer suggestions, and even if you find them disagreeable, please remain respectful of that right.

"
Regulator wrote:
Here is a question directly to GGG devs. When will you make a manifesto post regarding the labyrinth? .... A simple post about the whole thing and what future holds for it, the ascendancy points and us the players. Thank you in advance.

The charitable interpretation is that GGG doesn't want to come off half-cocked on this issue and make some comments they would regret later. (And if they've decided irrevocably that they're not going to change things, why not say so?) The less charitable interpretation is that GGG has simply adopted an ostrich-with-its-head-in-the-sand posture (especially since the anti-lab threads on the official feedback forum at reddit died down a long time ago). Either way, the total silence from GGG on hiding ascendancy classes behind the lab is a telling indicator of how serious the issue is.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
Pyrokar wrote:
You misunderstood. What i am saying is: Why is it bad design to give asc points for something trivial? We already get skill points for doing trivial things like pushing a button or releasing a ghost. So it's bad design because you say so? Well then whole game is badly designed.

And yes the lab is trivial too. The only challenge is in trying to keep your vomit inside.

Stop with the BS a second, none of the people bitching about lab find it trivial, otherwise they would not come and waste time bitching about it here.
And yeah, you can pretend that you find it trivial, it's just absolutely not credible.

"
You claim to know everything, so I figured you'd know that as well.

The reason you get 2 there is because Piety was the end boss of the act. Why they haven't shifted the 2 points to Dominus now, or at least split the points between Piety and Dominus, or between Dominus and Malachai, only Chris knows. But it is CERTAINLY not because of some internal rule to not have points at act bosses.

lol are you actually being serious ?
You are attacking him saying that he claims to know everything ( which is not true, just show me where he says that - you can't ), and then you throw a ridiculous "I know that" out of your *** ?

Progressing to the next act is a reward already, you are allowed to continue with the main story line.
People wanting rewards rewards rewards rewards ... jeez it's ridiculous.

"
ShaUrley wrote:
(And if they've decided irrevocably that they're not going to change things, why not say so?)

I guess because it would crush the "hope" of the bitching players and would eventually make them quit faster if anything ?
And if there is a change of mind later on, no point scealing everything here and now.

"
Regulator wrote:
[...]

Now you can remove all players that do not reach merciless to start with.
Then you can remove all players that watch streams but seldom have time to play.
And then we will have real st.... no we won't.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2016, 12:26:58 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:
(And if they've decided irrevocably that they're not going to change things, why not say so?)

I guess because it would crush the "hope" of the bitching players and would eventually make them quit faster if anything ?

Well that would be a good thing all around. You wouldn't have to read anymore negative feedback (or, as you prefer to call it, "bitching") about the lab, and I would be able to abandon PoE and go on to something else.
"
ShaUrley wrote:
[...]and I would be able to abandon PoE and go on to something else.

See ?
Apart from the "point of no return" like effect, how would that be good for them ?
I agree it would not such a nice thing to do though. But we can't know exactly anyway.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

Apart from the "point of no return" like effect, how would that be good for them ?
I agree it would not such a nice thing to do though. But we can't know exactly anyway.

I'm not doing GGG any good clogging up their game servers or continuing to waste my breath posting negative feedback on their forums if they have (as is pretty likely) no intention of changing things. For sure, I won't be buying any more stash tabs, or any other microtransactions, unless I have a clear idea from them of what they plan to do with ascendancy classes and the lab.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
You misunderstood. What i am saying is: Why is it bad design to give asc points for something trivial? We already get skill points for doing trivial things like pushing a button or releasing a ghost. So it's bad design because you say so? Well then whole game is badly designed.

And yes the lab is trivial too. The only challenge is in trying to keep your vomit inside.

Stop with the BS a second, none of the people bitching about lab find it trivial, otherwise they would not come and waste time bitching about it here.
And yeah, you can pretend that you find it trivial, it's just absolutely not credible.

It is not BS. It is true for me as i am a Pro Mario Player. It might not be true for other people, but other people die to normal brutus or something. From an experienced player's perspective: I'd rather do merciless labyrinth than merciless malachai in terms of difficulty as it is way easier. In terms of fun factor give me merc malachai everyday.

And yea it's not bad design to put the points on malachai. Not because you don't like it. You can say you don't like it because it would hurt your hardcore ego or something but that's it. The design is good and can be implemented in a way that will hurt no one.

The labyrinth will not go to waste either. Map lab will always be run and personally, since i am a Pro Mario Player, i will be doing merc lab instead of merc malachai.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
See ?
Mentioning Mario => BS category.
Simple as that.

Of course, you are a pro mario player .... great !
But as your sign tells, you are trolling anyway, so w/e, right ?

Never said that it was bad design to put it on Malachai btw. I would definitely prefer having the points gated by a dedicated boss, because you need to fight for that ridiculous power creep, yes.
However, like somebody else in this thread, I believe that since it's and act boss, it won't have any reward else than finishing the quest and continuing with the story.

Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2016, 1:49:00 AM
You are just jelly of my Pro Mario Player skills. It's fine. People want what they can't have.
And who said my sign is about me?
Also things can change. A lot. The lab proves it. Why does it upset you if they change that when they changed more fundamental things. Makes no sense and i don't care either. Seems a lot like hypocrisy.

Spooderman iz aout.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info