SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
These threads are pathetic.

Learn the content. I say this as a growing point for your entire life: YOU DO NOT NEED TO LOVE OR EVEN LIKE THE CONTENT (this applies to everything in life), but if you learned it you could at least Ascend in a respectable amount of time on your characters. There is absolutely nothing wrong with GGG expecting you to do something you don't like to get something you want.

And how smart is it of a company that depends on MTX for its bread and butter, to keep putting more and more content that a large number of the playerbase despises, into the game?

I would argue that while they're within their rights, they might be cutting their own throat. You know... like the guy who gets run over in the crosswalk because he refuses to yield to the truck. Yep, he was in the right. But he dead.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Lab is the Fiat Multipla of Cars.

Google it.
Huge RNGfest, waste alot of time, and to me it's very boring, even uber.

norm/cruel trials and lab just like house chores, dont even want to do it, and dont even have any profit yet i still have to do it every time i reroll or play new league.
(implying you even need to use norm/cruel enhance mod on item to leveling to merc).

Do Uberlab/ merc lab for 4 AC points is fine. But i think GGG should free norm/cruel Ac points, or remove those norm/cruel maybe even merc Trials. Uber trials is fine though.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
The helm thing is sort of off-topic; let's let it go for expediency sake.

If all people were asking for was the ability to take a zoom-out look at the trap gauntlet I would be on your side of the fence. It's not necessary but it might help people. The thing to remember is these sequences are usually repetitive. There are variations and combinations but the overall patterns remain the same. Seeing only the first part is fine if you remember what the other parts looked like last time; if you can't remember them a zoom-out would be helpful. Still keeping AC and the lab whole and unchanged for the purpose of Ascending.

I don't have these "imprecise" control issues so I can't say I understand this. Best advice would be to take it all in a measured and methodical fashion. Don't panic and pay attention to what you're clicking.

The point was to accentuate the boredom that installs - and the more pressing problem is actually the technical aspect of too much lag/disconnects/low FPS/bugs in the worst times, which combined with making the Uber trial offerings a bit scarce led to an underwhelming experience...

Path Of Exile is a nice game, though on the easy side since they invited casuals, so they now have to either make amends due to the player base or they have to just up the difficulty to keep the accent on the "pro gamers" (either of those will be fine, but GGG has to make their mind and stick with a decission - it's nice to have the divise content up to a point, if you want to split or even exclude a player group I still think that they can find better solutions).
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jun 16, 2016, 1:33:52 AM
I like the prophecy league so far(hc)
I did norm,cruel and merci lab for the AC points. If I would die with that char, i won´t start a new character in this league... its just too much for me... 4 acts * 3 difficulties and then again those "chance to rip" feeling in the labs. Remove those AC points or make an alternative way to bypass that traps.
PoE has changed. From:

- hmm lets think of a new build and just start a new char....yeah! lets think of a name... mhhmm right go!

to:

- well that build would be cool... Do i have a ranger I can reskill? Damn, ripped the last one....... TOOO much work to start all over again... Well would have been a nice build but no thx.... what other games can I play?

I just hope GGG realize how unhealthy this is for the game and make some changes to the Lab. There has been many good suggestions perhaps they will use them. They can no longer say " a vocal minority" if they still believe that...... I vote for a Poll that GGG makes to see how people about the Lab. Perhaps then they will see to change some aspects of it.

What I mean by unhealthy for game is this : The community is so divide it is now toxic. People who like or hate the lab are toxic to each other. This is not good as a gaming community.
Last edited by Ladylunar on Jun 18, 2016, 1:48:06 AM
"
Ladylunar wrote:
I just hope GGG realize how unhealthy this is for the game and make some changes to the Lab. There has been many good suggestions perhaps they will use them. They can no longer say " a vocal minority" if they still believe that...... I vote for a Poll that GGG makes to see how people about the Lab. Perhaps then they will see to change some aspects of it.

What I mean by unhealthy for game is this : The community is so divide it is now toxic. People who like or hate the lab are toxic to each other. This is not good as a gaming community.

And whats worst is changing content to just be "ok" for everyone. That was never the intention of this game by design.

As for a poll they said even the polls they do are bias and they don't like to do them. So I doubt they do.

If you dont like the content you dont have to really do it that much, if you like it now you can do it almost as much as you like.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Added a new suggestion in the "alternative ways to ascend" spoiler, with the number VIII. Thanks to johnce6 and his thread for the suggestion.

We have a reached a total of 13 suggestions tickling many problematic aspects of the labyrinth. Keep up the good work people and share what bothers you with the labyrinth, doing so gives the rest of us a chance to come up with new ideas.

Ive been thinking a lot about something that was said regarding the labyrinth matter (i dont remember who said it originally or might have been something different). The Labyrinth could have easily been a feature of the Perandus league. GGG just shoved in the core game with minimal testing while opening the alpha servers a mere 15days before the release while everything also was set in stone regarding the matter (except numerical issues). Let the players give their feedback and then you choose if you implement it as is or you change it and then you add it to the core game. That forced out-of-nowhere change of pace and playstyle was -while a bold move- totally unthought.

3 months (and few days) have passed and i still cant get why the rushed to that decision without testing it thoroughly.

On a completely different matter : PHC trade 1 and global 820 combined move slower than the news announcements here in the forums.

Last but not least , seems like even the most pious of the white knights still havent come with a reasonable* answer to a simple question. How any addition/change/rework in the ascencion method - while keeping it as an option also in the labyrinth - will have any negative effect in anyone's gameplay/personal experience?

yes i know reasonable and WK cant be in the same sentence
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
TheDeathX wrote:

PoE has changed. From:

- hmm lets think of a new build and just start a new char....yeah! lets think of a name... mhhmm right go!

to:

- well that build would be cool... Do i have a ranger I can reskill? Damn, ripped the last one....... TOOO much work to start all over again... Well would have been a nice build but no thx.... what other games can I play?

+ 1

Exactly how I feel !

Cheers
The ones I like best are:

"
Alternative Ascension Methods

II) AC points are also (meaning labyrinth as it is still awards them) awarded from a standalone fight with Izaro. We fight him in 3 stages as it is now but without having to run the labyrinth and the trials (traps, golden doors, puzzles etc) before hand. He awards nothing but AC points, he drops no loot, there is no enchant option and no treasure chests/keys. You cannot party there (only solo). No way to cheese it

VII) Trials by combat.Labyrinth remains as it is now (with all the rewards). A new area is created. The new area might resemble fighting pits/gladiatorial arenas/ but can be anything really, from random wilderness, to a dungeon, to "cinematic" high society illegal fighting setting (like the race event descent champion crowd watching). Opponents would be exiles/warbands kind of enemies from the current pool or even better from a new extended one. There would be 3 stages of Izaro fight like now, before each stage you have to win in a battle versus those opponents. Each fight gets progressively more difficult than the previous, for examble in the first stage there might be 10exiles that not only fight against you but against each other, the second stage the exiles become warband members and they team up against you etc.

Labyrinth Rework Ideas

5)Give every player who joins the labyrinth the choice between 2 ways of defeating the labyrinth. The current labyrinth and the arcade playstyle is one way, the other more classic and true to the core game.
To this last one I'd add "no trials" or "trials that dont involve traps"

Another sugestion, that is similar to alternative VII) is

"
a Descent champions type of race, several dungeon levels, with a boss you need to defeat each level to continue:

* solo only (no 5c carry service)
* start bare-naked (no GG twink / mirrored gear to use)
* timed
* no TP
* restart on death"
from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686222/my-posts/1/page/4

My thanks to OP for creating this thread and addressing a serious issue in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info