SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

planned? you 'hoped' for announcements week ago and got nothing and you are still waiting for something? you and your 4 friends around here are wasting incredible amount of time whining about stuff that most of the population moved on already

why people are not farming Lab?
- no parendus stuff down there
- no xp
- it destroys bad players, bad builds and sadly - bad computers
- you need to do it once per difficulty to get ascension so no need to farm if one doesnt like it

why people might be farming it?
- challenging content for experienced players
- extremely powerful enchants gated behind RNG
- farming for tempests/darkshrines/lab uniques/various keepers of XXX etc (extremely lucrative if done right)

it is an end-end game content for the selected few and a road block for the masses - to weed out bad builds and force bad players to get better. sadly some bad players prefer to waste their time whining instead of improving.. well.. their choice, this stuff is probably not going anywhere

sure it wont be as popular as easy-mode-cannot-die Dried Lake or maps that are used to level up. if you cannot see that then you should never ever do any kind of analysis again
"
sidtherat wrote:

it is an end-end game content for the selected few and a road block for the masses - to weed out bad builds and force bad players to get better. sadly some bad players prefer to waste their time whining instead of improving.. well.. their choice, this stuff is probably not going anywhere

Exp players, selected few, bad builds, get better. Thx for the laugh.

Lab is done in about 5 minutes top each run after first one, such pro skillz required to kill Izaro before he even finishes 3 first words of his speech. And dodging traps using WB or LW is like super pro l33t skillz right tehre. Boring AF.

Get some fresh air, u need a reality check, pro player.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
Regulator wrote:
Qarl obviously as part of GGG staff putted it so diplomatically that it seems cheesy as hell. He even spents more time and effort and space to say that "many" people love it, while for the negative feedback he only writes a very very short sentence. Its obviously a marketing technique, but i would really like to see an honest breakdown of those who actually farm the lab cause its fun and rewarding, those who do it once and never again set a foot in there, and those who completely ignore it.

Lets wait and see what they have planned.

If that percentage breakdown means what I think it means, i.e. that on average 6% of players are to be found in the lab, then what other conclusion can be drawn than that it is immensely unpopular. Over the course of one week 94% of the players rather spend their time somewhere else, because they either don't like it or are not interested. And in the remaining 6% a good chunk might just be there to farm it, and not because they enjoy it.
GGG's attempt at putting a fun new twist on ARPG's/H&S is commendable, but if people really liked the content they would be there. Simple as that.
Last edited by Jojas on Mar 19, 2016, 2:32:53 PM
I subscribe to all that you have just said, i dislike the labirinth and the game style it makes me thins of super mario games.
"
Jojas wrote:
If that percentage breakdown means what I think it means, i.e. that on average 6% of players are to be found in the lab, then what other conclusion can be drawn than that it is immensely unpopular. Over the course of one week 94% of the players rather spend their time somewhere else, because they either don't like it or are not interested. And in the remaining 6% a good chunk might just be there to farm it, and not because they enjoy it.
GGG's attempt at putting a fun new twist on ARPG's/H&S is commendable, but if people really liked the content they would be there. Simple as that.

That's not a good analysis. For starters, that 6% applies to all the time spent there rather than another places. What would be a good percentage in your opinion? 25%? 50%? It's arbitrary. If not, justify.

How many time people spend at Atziri, for example? I bet the percentage is lower, yet I wouldn't call it a failure.

It's just mere confirmation bias from your part. The labyrinth may be hated, but the evidence is not strong enough. And no, all the labyrinth threads are not enough either (rage threads happen every patch).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 19, 2016, 3:28:10 PM
It's simple. People mostly play games for fun. If most are not happy with what they're playing, they should change it.

I'd love to get ascendancies without dodging traps and waiting to pass through them. +1

Edit: not asking to make it easier either. Just an alternative.
Last edited by KieranGravebane on Mar 19, 2016, 3:34:13 PM
"
It's simple. People mostly play games for fun. If most are not happy with what they're playing, they should change it.

I'd love to get ascendancies without dodging traps and waiting to pass through them. +1

Edit: not asking to make it easier either. Just an alternative.

An alternative huh? Alright you can ascend and get all 6 points when you hit level 100, happy now? lol
"
NeroNoah wrote:
That's not a good analysis. For starters, that 6% applies to all the time spent there rather than another places. What would be a good percentage in your opinion? 25%? 50%? It's arbitrary. If not, justify.

How many time people spend at Atziri, for example? I bet the percentage is lower, yet I wouldn't call it a failure.

It's just mere confirmation bias from your part. The labyrinth may be hated, but the evidence is not strong enough. And no, all the labyrinth threads are not enough either (rage threads happen every patch).

A good percentage would definitely be higher, at least low double digits, because if people were enjoying it they would run it over and over again. But you're probably right, it means the time people spent there. In any case, the number seems quite shabby. You cannot compare it to Atziri by the way because access to Atziri was as gated as anything in PoE.

I'm actually quite neutral on the whole subject because I haven't played PoE since long before the expansion. I just came to get some info on it. From what I've seen so far I think it would have been WAY better if ascendancy classes were integrated into the main game, and I think people would enjoy the lab WAY more if it were truly optional, like a change of pace to the usual boss and map running, and not "that thing that you have to do to get your ascendancy class."
Last edited by Jojas on Mar 19, 2016, 5:00:09 PM
"
Jojas wrote:
A good percentage would definitely be higher, at least low double digits, because if people were enjoying it they would run it over and over again. But you're probably right, it means the time people spent there. In any case, the number seems quite shabby. You cannot compare it to Atziri by the way because access to Atziri was as gated as anything in PoE.

I'm actually quite neutral on the whole subject because I haven't played PoE since long before the expansion. I just came to get some info on it. From what I've seen so far I think it would have been WAY better if ascendancy classes were integrated into the main game, and I think people would enjoy the lab WAY more if it were truly optional, like a change of pace to the usual boss and map running, and not "that thing that you have to do to get your ascendancy class."

The first paragraph is still fairly subjective, and the second one, people would still not enjoy the labyrinth if it was optional, because it seems they have a tunnel vision of what PoE should be (Alternatively they would say is a complete waste to do).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 19, 2016, 7:42:12 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:

why people might be farming it?

it is an end-end game content for the selected few and a road block for the masses - to weed out bad builds and force bad players to get better.

hahahahahahahahahah can't stop laughing!

are you for real? Challenging? End-game? for the selected few?! hahahahahahaaha

you made my day! thanks for the laughs jester!
Beta Member Since 2010

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info