SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Pyrokar wrote:
I know AceNightfire. All i am saying is that you don't need to try and counter a non-argument. That's what they've been trying to do in this thread; wcfind problems in every little thing we suggest that aren't problems at all. It's laughable.

Well of course you don't if you just label it a 'non-argument' on the front end. Foolproof, ez game!

And don't try to hitch your star to the Acenightfire wagon. He just answered a simple question with a great and productive answer, the same question you guys bent over backwards to not answer.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I know AceNightfire. All i am saying is that you don't need to try and counter a non-argument. That's what they've been trying to do in this thread; wcfind problems in every little thing we suggest that aren't problems at all. It's laughable.

Well of course you don't if you just label it a 'non-argument' on the front end. Foolproof, ez game!

And don't try to hitch your star to the Acenightfire wagon. He just answered a simple question with a great and productive answer, the same question you guys bent over backwards to not answer.

I am sorry, is "non-argument" not the right word? Should i have said "gate" instead? Speaking of non-arguments.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
AceNightfire wrote:

The definition doesn't matter so much. It's more about why PoE is played and what made it popular.

1. PoE is an aRPG

2. PoE is played because it offers Diablo-like gameplay and is closer to and better then Diablo 2 in many aspects (more character customization, more content etc.) compared to Diablo 3 (at lwast for many that's the case)

3. PoE is so popular, because it is (or was) what many people wished for Diablo 3. A deep character customization in a dark setting and fighting 100s of mobs

Diablo was never known for having complex traps puzzles and PoE wasn't either before Ascendency was released. Now GGG has decided to implement those trap features. Don't get us wrong, it's not like we have anything against traps. It's just the way those traps are implemented. In most aRPG, there are some scattered traps you can easily avoid and should only make it harder for you to actual fight enemies. But ascendencies focus is completely on the traps. It's not about fighting enemies, it's about dodging traps and learn the sequence the traps are following. Like many said: It's a completely different playstyle. While I agree that some may like the change in pace here, you can't demand that everyone likes it. And that's ok. But they shouldn't put the AC points, which are important for customization (like I said: That's what made PoE popular in the first place) behind this different playstyle. It's not fair to those who played PoE for years and contributed to the community and don't like this "new" game within PoE. They can keep the Lab as it is, no one wants to take it away. But the AC points should also be available in a classic (but challanging) way, like I suggested 3 pages or so ago.

THANK YOU

Seriously.

So, you're saying PoE is still very much the "real" and spiritual sequel to D2, and the proper argument is that it's not about whether traps are a part of arpgs or a totally different genre, it's about these particular styles of traps not being a part of the Diablo lineage.

I don't know how this will shake out but at least that's a more refined argument. You'd think this would've happened on the first page and not taken 140ish, but there you go.

"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I am sorry, is "non-argument" not the right word? Should i have said "gate" instead? Speaking of non-arguments.

GROWN FOLKS ARE TALKING NOW SHH

p.s. I changed my mind, I don't think you're trolling. I think you actually have no idea what the 'gate' business was about. But that's ok, the people that matter do. It was when you guys lost this one, btw.

p.p.s. Lawl. You're right though, it wasn't an argument. It was simply asking for a specific definition of a word. Winner is u!

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on Jun 11, 2016, 6:30:32 AM
"
AceNightfire wrote:

I would be OK if the shit lab was made like that.

Personally I would like the most if you can get the points in a alternative way, so you dont need to do this arcade bullshit platforming and puzzle sections.
"

p.s. I changed my mind, I don't think you're trolling. I think you actually have no idea what the 'gate' business was about. But that's ok, the people that matter do. It was when you guys lost this one, btw.

p.p.s. Lawl. You're right though, it wasn't an argument. It was simply asking for a specific definition of a word. Winner is u!

[Removed by Support]

Thank you.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jun 11, 2016, 9:02:47 PM
"
"
AceNightfire wrote:

The definition doesn't matter so much. It's more about why PoE is played and what made it popular.

1. PoE is an aRPG

2. PoE is played because it offers Diablo-like gameplay and is closer to and better then Diablo 2 in many aspects (more character customization, more content etc.) compared to Diablo 3 (at lwast for many that's the case)

3. PoE is so popular, because it is (or was) what many people wished for Diablo 3. A deep character customization in a dark setting and fighting 100s of mobs

Diablo was never known for having complex traps puzzles and PoE wasn't either before Ascendency was released. Now GGG has decided to implement those trap features. Don't get us wrong, it's not like we have anything against traps. It's just the way those traps are implemented. In most aRPG, there are some scattered traps you can easily avoid and should only make it harder for you to actual fight enemies. But ascendencies focus is completely on the traps. It's not about fighting enemies, it's about dodging traps and learn the sequence the traps are following. Like many said: It's a completely different playstyle. While I agree that some may like the change in pace here, you can't demand that everyone likes it. And that's ok. But they shouldn't put the AC points, which are important for customization (like I said: That's what made PoE popular in the first place) behind this different playstyle. It's not fair to those who played PoE for years and contributed to the community and don't like this "new" game within PoE. They can keep the Lab as it is, no one wants to take it away. But the AC points should also be available in a classic (but challanging) way, like I suggested 3 pages or so ago.

THANK YOU

Seriously.

So, you're saying PoE is still very much the "real" and spiritual sequel to D2, and the proper argument is that it's not about whether traps are a part of arpgs or a totally different genre, it's about these particular styles of traps not being a part of the Diablo lineage.

I don't know how this will shake out but at least that's a more refined argument. You'd think this would've happened on the first page and not taken 140ish, but there you go.

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
You see Turtledove, by dick's logic, this thread might as well be about exploding barrels and how they don't belong in PoE, since they are traps. Which is completely off topic and irrelevant. ...

Actually, this is an excellent point. I've seen people that don't really understand, state that darts coming out of the wall in Diablo 2 or cold patches on the ground in maps prove that traps belong in ARPG games. The point being that those occasional "traps" in the game are not sufficient to change the fundamental game play. When one must navigate a computer screen of traps then the fundamental game play of the game is changed for some people. It is enough for some people to feel that the basic game play has changed. Many do not enjoy that kind of game play.

I thought one of the skills that "grownups" have is the ability to read.
I guess i was wrong.
Well, i just bought 2 carry for 2 of my chars in the merc lab permanent HC, just mentionning i hated the traps and the process of wasting my time in there.

took a few hours to gear up, make a regen skilltree and gem setup and roll flasks and then follow someone.

im still hoping it ll get changed after this *planned expansion cycle* is done

I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
Last edited by Xanin on Jun 11, 2016, 4:04:15 PM
I really have no useful comment to contribute, except...the lab sucks.

Hoping it goes away forever and never rears it's ugly, wasteful, time consuming head again. :)

Other than that, it's great!
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"

Oh my, you got really mad huh?
[Removed by Support]

Thank you.

Lol wat?!?!

I was very happy Ace gave that unexpected awesome response. We can probably make more progress in the next 5 pages than in the previous 100something. And this happiness led me to getting jazzy with you; otherwise I might've ignored it.

Some might say 'happy' is an antonym of 'mad' but I know you guys get sent into a neurotic frenzy when faced with discussing the precise contextual definitions of certain words, so I'll leave it alone.

Fwiw YOU seem mad but I'm not using that as the sophomoric insult it can be. We can say 'getting mad' is a soft synonym of 'getting passionate' and there's no shame in that with things you care about, [Removed by Support]

And... the people that 'matter' are obviously GGG in that context... I mean, duh, right?

Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jun 11, 2016, 9:07:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info