SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
goetzjam wrote:

They basically said bitch all you want we don't really care, we like this content, as do I.

You can't accept reality so you might as well quit.

Enjoy eating your words. You might as well quit now.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:

Because your feedback might somehow say the devs its important that both sides of the argument get to present their cases. If you don't want your feedback read\criticized by your "peers" then don't post it on a public forum.

tooth and nails then. your turn.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

They basically said bitch all you want we don't really care, we like this content, as do I.

You can't accept reality so you might as well quit.

Enjoy eating your words. You might as well quit now.

Just because they acknoldge that some people dont like the lab and he mentions that the people that do like the lab like the "middle ground" of disabling the traps, doesnt mean that change will happen. Hes indicated nothing of the sort.

As for them not really caring, I mean they care, but not in the way you think they do.

So not really eating my words, not only have they made no indication to do anything that OP wants they only really acknoldge one of the ideas to make it "better" which is actually the same one I support.

So how exactly am I eating my words now, how exactly is this adding to the discussion, it doesn't because your just trying to get me to break some forum rule. Your post is low quality content and should be removed. Nothing said here that is really relevant to the discussion, much like everything you've stated here TBH.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Just did Normal lab with an old character in Standard. I only got 4 points! Don't tell me I have to go through the shitty lab again? I got six points with another character a few weeks ago from just Normal lab.

Did your other character already have merciless and cruel done from before the change?

Thats the only explanation I can think of, you need to run the lab on merciless if you want to run it only once to get all 6 points. (these also must be characters made before that specific date)

FeelsBadMan

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Just did Normal lab with an old character in Standard. I only got 4 points! Don't tell me I have to go through the shitty lab again? I got six points with another character a few weeks ago from just Normal lab.

Did your other character already have merciless and cruel done from before the change?

Thats the only explanation I can think of, you need to run the lab on merciless if you want to run it only once to get all 6 points. (these also must be characters made before that specific date)

Yeah all done except for Merciless Crystal Veins onward.

No i mean did you do the merciless and the cruel lab on the other character pre the "all 6 points" in merciless patch.

I'm pretty sure the intended interaction is that you can do it once in merciless to get all 6 points, not in normal. You shouldnt have any issue finding someone to run it with you for like 5c, check the reddit thread to see how many golden doors there are or if there are any shortcuts.

FeelsBadMan

I don't even see the point of discussing if he did what, he hated doing it. I can talk about lots of things I hate to do but can find a way to do. I do that at work but I am getting paid. I would rather do things I like to do when playing a game. I don't even mind doing shitty things in a game once and I while. I killed so many rats in mmo's.

The thing that's worrying is this is 2 unfun seasons in a row, the the offset of playing any build and collecting any unique I wanted offset that issue. They needed to rein in loot and I love that decision. But the next season will be better (less) loot distribution and they are making the unfun part of the game take longer. Even if you disagree you have to see our fears.

These fears are not even being publically abated by developer post's but inflamed. I am sure there will be L2P and STFU and DEV's R gods STFU posts. Still can you see our fears even if you disagree?
Last edited by Zalhan2 on May 27, 2016, 4:25:38 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

Just because they acknoldge that some people dont like the lab and he mentions that the people that do like the lab like the "middle ground" of disabling the traps, doesnt mean that change will happen. Hes indicated nothing of the sort.

<snip>

So not really eating my words, not only have they made no indication to do anything that OP wants they only really acknoldge one of the ideas to make it "better" which is actually the same one I support.

This is news to me. Where did they talk about changing the lab?

I ask because Chris's e-mail to me indicated it was much more likely they would remove the points from the lab than that they would fix it.

(There, I bolded it for you so you could actually understand that it was Chris who said it and not me, since you are unable to tell otherwise. ;) )
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on May 27, 2016, 6:50:56 PM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

<snip>

I ask because Chris's e-mail to me indicated it was much more likely they would remove the points from the lab than that they would fix it.

(There, I bolded it for you so you could actually understand that it was Chris who said it and not me, since you are unable to tell otherwise. ;) )

For purposes of this post let's assume that a significant percentage of people dislike labyrinth. What would be the ideal game design? GGG wants to maximize their player base. That means that ideally the main flows in the game are fun for as large a percentage of the player base as possible. That being the case, you would want content that a significant percentage of people consider to be boring tedious and not fun to be completely optional content. This means to me that it would be reasonable for GGG to remove the points from the lab or to at least provide an alternate but equal method to get those ascendancy points without going through traps.

Keep in mind that GGG should have a much more accurate idea for the actual percentage of people that dislike labyrinth than we do. They have access to many internal reports on usage and player habits. They also have a better understanding of the development costs of the different options and should know what "significant percentage" means to them.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

This makes the most sense when you factor in the news post from the other day - improving side area loot, and adding the ability to get (red?) maps in the end game Lab. If executed properly, people who enjoy it still have the silver chests + treasure room to play for, and the other half aren't required to do it for their AC points.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

<snip>

For purposes of this post let's assume that a significant percentage of people dislike labyrinth. What would be the ideal game design? GGG wants to maximize their player base. That means that ideally the main flows in the game are fun for as large a percentage of the player base as possible. That being the case, you would want content that a significant percentage of people consider to be boring tedious and not fun to be completely optional content. This means to me that it would be reasonable for GGG to remove the points from the lab or to at least provide an alternate but equal method to get those ascendancy points without going through traps.

Keep in mind that GGG should have a much more accurate idea for the actual percentage of people that dislike labyrinth than we do. They have access to many internal reports on usage and player habits. They also have a better understanding of the development costs of the different options and should know what "significant percentage" means to them.

Actually, I wasn't commenting on the content of goetzjam's comments. He referred to specific things said by GGG, that I haven't heard. Can someone point me to the source? I bolded the relevant parts to make it clearer.

(If they are accurate, then it's great news from where I stand. I'd rather see the labyrinth fixed than abandoned.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on May 27, 2016, 10:22:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info