SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
You've only installed poops in this thread. Nothing constructive. Now, run along and go play in the traps.

Also, don't tell me what to do. :)

Joined march 12th, would be just as good if you would have left May 12th, so you could have keep your date on the same one.

Instead you plague this forums with even more shitpost. If my post add nothing constructive, then the definition of what you post is "shit post" with low effort and non related reposes. Why its not removed, idk.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
My thoughts on what you said Sid.

"
sidtherat wrote:

POE is dangerously close to mindless click-er game (you know, the game when you do NOTHING besides clicking very fast for 'rewards'): the build to be called 'good' has to do 300mXP in dried lake or clear gorges in ~1minute. anything else is thrash. speed meta, braindead meta, one-click meta.. click-click-clickLab (both traps and the 'forced hardcore') looks like a change of pace. maybe a sign of things to come.

- THIS IS EXACTLY HOW GGG WANTS YOU TO PLAY LAB. They don't want you to admire the artwork, they don't want you to stop at every trap and think "oh how I do that", they don't want you to fight monsters in there. They want you to click through the lab as fast as possible and disregard as much of it as possible. Change of pace you say. I watched some of lab runners (even you I think). You do the lab as you do the maps, click click pot pot click click pot pot izaro down. The change of pace is for your common players only. Instead of killing monsters and getting loot like in good hack&slash we stare at some shit in form of traps. The "forced hc" for people who just want to chill out in SC really is a kick in the nuts.
"

if POE continues with this 'pooowaaaah creep' then it will soon reach numb-creating level of being simply a boring game: click click click (people competing for lvl100 die mostly of boredom and lack of concentration caused by it.. how 'fun' it is to play the same maps for hours on end just to reach some imaginary 'goal'?

- How fun is to play the same lab for hours on end just to reach some imaginary goal? Mind me reminding you that Diablo 2 was a damn mindless click-kill-loot fest with the same type of end game for ages and it was one of the best games in the world. Not always something new is a good way to go, especially if it changes the core of the game

"

if Lab forces people to quit (some people just say they 'quit', sometimes for months...) then maybe it is best for the game. if it is to evolve it has to shed some dead weight.

Yes, I do wonder what/who is the dead weight here really.

Mad.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
This is the first time I've taken to read this thread and a lot of the OP's suggestions are great. Especially paying 1/2/3 regal orbs to turn off traps, and putting a 3 stage Izzaro fight after Malachai. Between listening to State of Exile podcast yesterday, and now reading this, something occurred to me:

If they continue to refuse to decouple AC points and the Lab, they're being a lot like Blizzard in one regard. The first example that comes to mind was their 'no flying' policy in the most recent WoW expansion. The developers reasoning was 'we worked hard on the art assets, the grass, the everything and we want people to slow down and see it'.

The incredible and unparalleled arrogance of 'play the game our way, not your way'.

It's a bit different here. In WoW that attitude is much more offensive because you're paying them every month. While that's not a factor in PoE, it bites uniquely because their history has been one of 'play it your way'. By keeping the lab in its current state, you see a lot of that Blizzard attitude: 'we worked for months on the lab. GO PLAY IT! GO APPRECIATE OUR WORK! ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?!?'. Ugh.

To give them a couple more points of credit before ending, in a free game the developers have every right to make the game they want and tell the players to take a hike if they don't like it. They've also made some efforts to fix things (like for ES builds that can't use flasks), but honestly some of these 'fixes' are things that shouldn't have gotten past QA in the first place, so idk how much 'credit' they should be afforded for what is essentially cleaning up their own mess.
"
The incredible and unparalleled arrogance of 'play the game our way, not your way'.

Except you've been around long enough to know this has ALWAYS been GGG's pholosophy, we aren't here to design the game, they aren't going to take the now blizzard approach on D3, we are here to play the game they design, feedback being important, but you need to keep in mind, they design the game and we play.

If you think GGG forces you to play the lab, they really don't. If you dont want to do the lab, dont do it, I bet you can do all the content in the game just fine without it. If you dislike doing it but are willing to do it, then pay for a quick rush, which does mitigate most of the issues a lot of players have, especially because you have no issues paying off the traps, paying someone to do everything but actually blink arrow or wb\fd over traps, well you have to actually do SOMETHING to prove you are worthy of the points after all.

Many people were able to do the lab as ES based characters, was it more difficult, sure but all of the game's content isn't really designed to be equally as challenging.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:

In words you can understand:

If someone took a bite out of a hot dog and realised it tastes like shit, he doesn't have to eat the whole hot dog to confirm his aversion to it.

Thats actually funny because I used a food analogy above to try and say why just taking a bite out isn't enough.

For example in your hot dog argument here, thats like saying he hates all hotdogs, when he might just hate a plain hotdog or might hate ones that aren't all beef.

See experiencing the lab isn't about 1 run, its about multiple runs over multiple days because different mechanics are in play. The other thing is you actually have to learn how to lab, its not just something you "wing" really.

Nice to see you shitposting again, like always adding little to nothing to the conversation.

Pyrokar is correct. People that hate trap game play see a screen full of traps and know that it is trap game play. They could play it a million times and still know that it is trap game play, it is not going to change the game play into something else just because they practice it. It won't make them like the taste of shit just to eat it a million times.

Goetzjam is just being his normal insulting self by saying that Pyrokar is shitposting. He's also being his normal irrational self by thinking that he knows my mind and Pyrokar's mind better than we know our own minds. Is that shitposting? I don't know because I'm not sure what shitposting means. I just know that it is insulting.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up.

FeelsBadMan

"
Pyrokar wrote:

In words you can understand:

If someone took a bite out of a hot dog and realised it tastes like shit, he doesn't have to eat the whole hot dog to confirm his aversion to it.

Since ya'll keep using food analogies, let's run with it.

Sure, you may not like a shit tasting hot dog but if there is nothing else to eat with no other options and you're hungry you're going to eat it. :P

The same applies to progressing through the game, if you want the ascendancy points you're going to have to palate the "shit tasting hot dog". For the time being anyway.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on May 23, 2016, 1:48:03 PM
I might just lick off the mustard and leave it at that.
"
TheDeathX wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
I thought of what might be a really nice alternative solution. It would be very easy to implement.

When the Labyrinth is first entered Vorici is there near the entrance. If you talk to him he says that his cousin works there and can be "persuaded" to disable the traps for a price. He would charge something relatively high say 20 chaos for normal, 40 chaos for cruel, 60 chaos for merciless, 120 chaos for the fourth level. It could of course be higher or lower whatever GGG decided. GGG could decide to charge less at the beginning of leagues when currency hasn't had a chance to accumulate yet.

Like that idea. So paying currency to disable traps is one option. Any other "payment" options?

- there are 8 labyrinth only items: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Lord%27s_Labyrinth

Well those items are okay I´d say (except Winds of change = very nice)
What if you could use these as payment?
People farm the lab because of the enchantments right? Those people find lab only items and could sell them to other people, who prefer to do the lab "safer" and without traps.
So lets say Vorici appears at the beginning and asks for those items. In return he manages to disable the raps.

Norm lab (Area lvl 33): 8/8 lab items can be used:
Chitus' Needle(lvl 30);
Glitterdisc(lvl 27);
Izaro's Dilemma(lvl 68);
Izaro's Turmoil(no lvl req);
Spine of the First Claimant(lvl 20);
Viper's Scales(lvl 28);
Winds of Change (lvl 47);
Xirgil's Crank (lvl 28)

Cruel lab (Area lvl 55): 3/8 lab items can be used:
Izaro's Dilemma(lvl 68);
Winds of Change (lvl 47);

Merc lab (Area lvl 68): 2/8 lab items can be used:
Izaro's Dilemma(lvl 68);

Über lab: not sure about this one.

I think this solution is quite fair. People who farm the lab or just want to get some "lab only uniques" (maybe with an mf char - why should some1 farm the lab with an mf char?) get rewarded for doing so. And people who prefer to take less risk, have to buy those items. The price of these items will rise and that items have an alternative use.
Maybe 1 or 2 of the normal lab items should also be applied to cruel and Winds of Change to merc lab.

If Izaro's Turmoil could be used for über lab, then the price will be very high^^

This is an excellent suggestion. It also made me think that perhaps the price "sweet spot" could be between the street price of a lab run assistance at the bottom end (IIRC someone said 5 chaos, for merciless I'd assume) but hopefully still low enough so that some people running lab for enchants or racing might still be tempted to turn off the traps. More decision points or choices like this would be a good thing generally.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info