blow new life into LLD

"
A222 wrote:

All of that ends up being irrelevant because of one simple fact:

Less than 1% of the playerbase will ever bother to build like that as-is. Less than 1%. Almost no one is an understatement.

And that is why PvP is so neglected and you're having to suffer through almost no dev attention, even when HLD is COMPLETELY broken by content designed for PvE that overwhelms PvP. That is why everything to do with PvP is relegated to the bottom of the forum and left to rot for the most part. That is why the reaction to PvP when it comes up in Global is "lol pvp." That is why most of the playerbase considers having #1 on a duel ladder/etc utterly meaningless. That is why so many people just abusively cheat through Leo dailys by mutual throwing instead of actually playing them as intended. That is why most of the fanbase pretty obviously considers anyone with an explicit PvP kit worth over about merely 10ex a hopeless tryhard.

If you ever want PvP in PoE to matter, you're going to have to accept the fact that you need a more accessible, more new-player-friendly entrylevel PvP to get more of the fanbase - and more of the devs - to consider PvP a worthwhile time investment, which could then help the form you prefer to play as well. Because regardless of what the high end may or may not be like (which I'm not going to debate under current circumstances,) almost no one cares because the entrylevel stinks due to lack of information, excessive mixing of unmatched players, and lack of balance in the entrylevel. Balance in highlevel doesn't really even matter if you can't even get a significant number of players to start playing it.

I am quite certain this is your only hope of making any form of PoE PvP a significant portion of the game compared to PvE. It doesn't matter how many Leos, etc are added as long as circumstances make most people consider PvP in its entirety a completely unbalanced, unbalancable joke that doesn't matter at all except for how it can provide perks to PvE and maybe something to screw around with when bored/drunk.

One other thing. That's not how the current prebuilt meta works out at all, if you're playing a particularly effective style against another competent prebuilder. Movement, positioning, timing and strategic pot use often decide duels in that case. That's part of why it's at least somewhat enjoyable when it actually happens.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
A222 wrote:

All of that ends up being irrelevant because of one simple fact:

Less than 1% of the playerbase will ever bother to build like that as-is. Less than 1%. Almost no one is an understatement.

And that is why PvP is so neglected and you're having to suffer through almost no dev attention, even when HLD is COMPLETELY broken by content designed for PvE that overwhelms PvP. That is why everything to do with PvP is relegated to the bottom of the forum and left to rot for the most part. That is why the reaction to PvP when it comes up in Global is "lol pvp." That is why most of the playerbase considers having #1 on a duel ladder/etc utterly meaningless. That is why so many people just abusively cheat through Leo dailys by mutual throwing instead of actually playing them as intended. That is why most of the fanbase pretty obviously considers anyone with an explicit PvP kit worth over about merely 10ex a hopeless tryhard.

If you ever want PvP in PoE to matter, you're going to have to accept the fact that you need a more accessible, more new-player-friendly entrylevel PvP to get more of the fanbase - and more of the devs - to consider PvP a worthwhile time investment, which could then help the form you prefer to play as well. Because regardless of what the high end may or may not be like (which I'm not going to debate under current circumstances,) almost no one cares because the entrylevel stinks due to lack of information, excessive mixing of unmatched players, and lack of balance in the entrylevel. Balance in highlevel doesn't really even matter if you can't even get a significant number of players to start playing it.

I am quite certain this is your only hope of making any form of PoE PvP a significant portion of the game compared to PvE. It doesn't matter how many Leos, etc are added as long as circumstances make most people consider PvP in its entirety a completely unbalanced, unbalancable joke that doesn't matter at all except for how it can provide perks to PvE and maybe something to screw around with when bored/drunk.

One other thing. That's not how the current prebuilt meta works out at all, if you're playing a particularly effective style against another competent prebuilder. Movement, positioning, timing and strategic pot use often decide duels in that case. That's part of why it's at least somewhat enjoyable when it actually happens.

Less than 1% are super rich in standard. Are you saying GGG should take their riches and distribute it to the others since they can't experience it? The only reason people are so turned off by PvP is not due to the rich-poor diversity, it's because they can see how poor they are compared to the top.

If racing had no rewards for those that aren't in top 50, people wouldn't race. If you can't map unless you're in the top 50, people won't map. PvP is in the same boat, people just don't like to see themselves lose vs others.
Hey Pretty, great post :)

That is the endless discussion.

1. "Playerbase" is to lazy and wants pre-mades to be competitive in pvp/lld. No effort and high expectations - that is what kills their egos and pvp.

2. We never had so many good and viable uniques for lld like today. Just google it mates. Two great swords, one great bow, awsome 2h staff, at least three great chests (new full scale), bis for all phys dmg belt, temp chains gloves etc etc. It needs only a few minutes to google it and buy for 1alch-1chaos each item.

3. I realy enjoy LLD in temp leagues. Sarn Arena is full, a lot of ppl doing their Leo dailys and no multimods, no corrupts yet and no bleed bows :)

4. My gear was 5/9 cheap uniques. 5L chest bought for 2c, crafted with luck and 2x scour&alch. 2x elreons rings for 5c total, amulet 1alch.
Total cost:10c

Now i am upgraded to 20c, better helmet and great elreons. Dont get me wrong but no1 beat me yet, and only 2 other 28 lev. guys are able to kill me.

4. 5-linking chest never was so ez or so cheap to buy.

5. About glove-enchantments, these done in normal-lab are for sure viable. This one is cool and confusing.

6. How come that on the one side I do afk-kills in Sarna Arena and my clone is 1-2shootig normal (bad) pve chars, and at the same time he does almost zero dmg to pvp-lld chars?!?
Mates, get your ele resistances cappa and high hp.

Conclusions:
- a lot of fun,
- with some effort and spent 10c at top of the EU-ladder,
- bestlooking hideout in a few days, yes, Leo 5 in 5-6 days of 1v1 and Leo dailys in temp league,
- dont cry and get your shit together.

Join temp league lld and see you in 1v1 mates.

Talacura, go with courage!

Remember, if you exalt your weapons you add 100-200 flat damage per exalt used, so use 600 of em to one shot people! /s
good post dedex
"
A222 wrote:
If racing had no rewards for those that aren't in top 50, people wouldn't race. If you can't map unless you're in the top 50, people won't map. PvP is in the same boat, people just don't like to see themselves lose vs others.

And yet quite a few people bother to map and/or see it as the endgoal of playing PoE at all. How many compared to PvP? And racing? Can you realize that there is perhaps some key difference in your comparison that explains why maps actually get addressed as a significant issue by both devs and enough players, while PvP does not? It's not a functional comparison.

Spoiler
Big hint: Functional introduction and progression has something to do with it.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
A222 wrote:

And yet quite a few people bother to map and/or see it as the endgoal of playing PoE at all. How many compared to PvP? And racing? Can you realize that there is perhaps some key difference in your comparison that explains why maps actually get addressed as a significant issue by both devs and enough players, while PvP does not? It's not a functional comparison.

Spoiler
Big hint: Functional introduction and progression has something to do with it.

You probably weren't around when the big PvP patch hit. Quite a few people tried it, and most that stayed ended up joining the big pvp guilds and built up their character.

Here's a FACT, if 500 people made builds that cost 2ex total, then there would already be tons of players of equal gear that can have fun doing PvP, but as it stands no one would even try with a 2 ex build as they would only face 25ex+ builds and get wrecked. It became a continuous cycle where there are no low-geared players for low-geared players to fight, since no one is making in the first place.

Of course mapping and PvP aren't 1:1 comparable. I'm just addressing the first issue which is the gear barrier to PvP. Everyone seems to think it's this insane 100ex entry fee where there isn't even a single dueler that has spent more than 100ex on a single character. Most of the insane corrupts, 6-links, rares, etc. are all self-crafted for less.

You wanna talk about progression? Back to my first point. If 500 people made and build up 2ex builds you WILL see a clear progression, When I started LLD-ing it took me months to build up my first character, same scenario with the people that came after me since I got to see how their builds came about.

It really just boils down to a monkey-see monkey-do attitude that people have over PvP in general, which is "oh this shit takes 100ex to do so i won't bother" and they won't even try with cheap builds which is what MOST duelers started with. GGG gets shit on if they ever try PvP balance, and players always think "i'll get shit on, so why bother".
Last edited by A222 on Mar 21, 2016, 11:26:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info