[2.2 Perandus] Battlecookie's FlameSurge RF Chieftain (Cheap - AtziriViable - Videos inside)

which flasks do you use for this build?
Hello! nice synergy. I completely frogot about flame surge when planning my build this league so I went rf+flamebast.
That said - I do it with Blood Magic. Going to do some changes to my char now and try your FS setup.

If you remove all reduced skill cost passives you end up with this tree: extra 13 points!

Besides mana and skill cost reduction you loose:
- 20% life from the Tyreless wheel.
- 40 int

2 points can go into two +30 int nodes to compensate (might not be needed depending on gear)
6 points go into Blood Magic

- You get 35% life. 15% more than you had! And still have 5 pasive points to spend.

So, going BM - more increased life% and less points spent. And you don't have to worry about mana anymore.
Also it let's you use Clear Mind jewel for up to 60% increased spell damage.

Now to the downsides:
1. You still need to use Purity of Fire so you'll have to use
You loose a ring slot, but 15% life and 5 pts. are probably worth more than the life you'd get from a ring.
2. You can't use blasphemy anymore. This is the major downside imho.
You'll have to either self cast the curse or use CWDT or Curse on hit with something. But not thinking about mana/mana regen on gear is priceless. So I prefer to go BM over mana everytime I can do so.

Another thing to consider: with BM, the mana and life regen nodes in templar start are not that good anymore. 3 points for 1.2% life regen? There could be a better place for those points.

Nice guide, nice build and I'll post later if I come up with something.

my toughts on leveling
Unless you get int on gear level with a melee weapon until level 28. Rush to Blood Magic, and then rush to the templar area for all the spell damage nodes (taking the +30 int node between mara/templar and mara/duelist later is mandatory if you want to cast spells while leveling). At level 28 kill the general in a3 and take flameblast. Keep taking all the spell damage nodes, then start taking life regen so that by level 65 you'll have all the regen needed to start using rf. And don't forget to get Clear Mind as soon as you can - it's a game changer early and still good lategame. This is the second marauder casted I do and both leveled quite easy this way.

Last edited by skyflash88 on Mar 23, 2016, 7:08:05 AM
Essence Worm + BM is a nice thing. I didn't really thought about. I really have to invest alot points on reduced mana, so it might be a nice alternative. essence worm also brings a nice +2 gem level, where you get another max resist, when using a lvl 21 Purity, which is pretty awesome.

Nevertheless the thing i would miss the most is Blasphemy + Enfeeble (or flammability on low tier maps). since you're quasi melee blasphemy is imo a nicer setup for a curse than linking it with CWDT.

To avoid int/dex-leaks you could also run astramentis, allowing to convert int-nodes in the tree to str, which gives a nice damage boost due to iron will and doon cuebiyari. the only downside to this is that you probably leak elemental resistances. meanwhile i'm above 1k str, due to high str on every piece of gear, which is a smart HP boost aswell.

Clear Mind unfortunately only works with Flame Surge, not with RF, but it's still very worth to use with BM.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that, I might include that to my build aswell in the near future.

PS: you linked the wrong tree ;D
Planning to do this build in 2 week flashback race!
Is incinerate dead? I played ton of RF incinerate builds before the 2.1.0. Always preferred it over the flame surge because the range.
Also how do you proc elemental overload? Just using flame surge and hope for crit?
I like thies build. If it works in prophecy too? I'll try :)
Hello, noob questions here.

You put RF with elemental focus, does it actually burn ennemies ?

and

why Doon is good for the build ?

10% inc elem damages, ok but others have as much
socketed gem supported by iron will, not used because we put warp in there
67 strength + 15% cast speed + 25 max mana good but hight lvl scepter may have them too
the rest isn't noticeable in the build
"
shuruga2 wrote:
Hello, noob questions here.

You put RF with elemental focus, does it actually burn ennemies ?

and

why Doon is good for the build ?

10% inc elem damages, ok but others have as much
socketed gem supported by iron will, not used because we put warp in there
67 strength + 15% cast speed + 25 max mana good but hight lvl scepter may have them too
the rest isn't noticeable in the build

elemental focus prevents you to apply ignite/shock/chill/freeze with the linked skill, but righteous fire doesn't ignite anyway since it's a degen and doesn't apply on-hit effect, enemies still "burn" while standing in RF and that's all you need.

doon is there because it gives you 1% global damage per 8 str you have, almost a second iron will (he has 928 str so 116% increased damage). with high str it's better than a doryani's.

i watched the atziri's video and i was expecting a stronger dps thought, with all the multipliers involved i imagined it would just oneshot anything.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
Last edited by dolan_grey on Sep 15, 2016, 10:14:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info