[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

Another one variations of non RT build. Change Arc at Elemenal Focus Support (EFS) and we have ~49000 damage on RF Discharge. My gems: Discharge 20/20, Controlled Destruction 20/20, EFS 20/20, Righteous Fire 21/0.
Pros:
Realy MORE damage.

Cons:
We can't use shock and ignite, and lose Arc. But if we read mechanics of this status ailments what we know:
-Ignite
"
The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second. Therefore, over the base duration the target will take 80% of the damage dealt by the original hit.

"
Separate applications of ignite do not stack cumulatively.

80% fire damage by the original hit, not bad, but no stack. Well, it is not necessary ;-)
-Shock
"
Shock is an elemental status ailment associated with lightning that causes the affected target to take 50% increased damage from all sources.

Increased, realy? EFS give us 50% MORE stable damage on 21 level, and 10% increased damage for 20% quality.
-Arc
You might think that you can cast fewer explosions without Arc, however on trash packs we use Lightning strike. And on bosses we use only Molten strike. Both this skills create tons of explosions even without
Arc :-)
Small proof on Bazaar map (sorry for quality): https://youtu.be/Omv9yIPlNk0
2Lynk3591:
Not bad really. For farm you can swap to incr area and clear packs easy and for boss choose dps. Is there any alternatives to change molten strike for single? I don't really like it. Mb cyclone?
"
PKiller wrote:
2Lynk3591:
Not bad really. For farm you can swap to incr area and clear packs easy and for boss choose dps. Is there any alternatives to change molten strike for single? I don't really like it. Mb cyclone?

You don't understand, EFS don't need to swap. I don't like swap gems for bosses, that's why i chose this gem, AOE radius is good, damage is perfect. If i want to swap gems i would return Arc and on bosses i will swap on Concentrated Effect Support. But at i say, i don't like it)) 10% of small loss, but the gameplay is perfect for me.
And at the expense of the cyclone, funny but I tested it 15 minutes ago, and it is disgusting. Too slowly discharge cast.
"
Lynk3591 wrote:
"
PKiller wrote:
2Lynk3591:

You don't understand, EFS don't need to swap. I don't like swap gems for bosses, that's why i chose this gem, AOE radius is good, damage is perfect. If i want to swap gems i would return Arc and on bosses i will swap on Concentrated Effect Support. But at i say, i don't like it)) 10% of small loss, but the gameplay is perfect for me.
And at the expense of the cyclone, funny but I tested it 15 minutes ago, and it is disgusting. Too slowly discharge cast.

Ok i understand. I testes EFS and my clearing speed was too low. Power charges also didn't go higher than 2. So for farm it's not so cool but for bosses.
Discharge with Area can rip whole screen, don't underestimate it.
Last edited by PKiller on Oct 12, 2016, 4:41:15 AM
@Lynk3591

"Inreased dmg taken" = more dmg.

Shock status aligment on enemies is a 50% more multiplier for your total dps.

More than that Arc generates charges. Discharge with 3/3 charges with Elemental Focus will be doing less Dmg than Discharge with 5/5 charges without Elemental Focus, shocking excluded. And should be on pair with Discharge at 4/4, shocking excluded.

More than that less endurance charges means less physical mitigation and shorter IC calls.

More than that Lightning Strike is doing shitty dmg on its own and you wont be killing packs with Discharge alone effectivelly. All mobs outside of Discharge range will be laughing at you. With Discharge alone its better to use cyclone vs packs.

However if you like it without Arc than thats fine. Arc is less needed with Juggernaut version. Its you playing there after all so peak whatever setup you like. Just dont try to reinvent the wheel ;)
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 12, 2016, 6:32:59 AM
"
PKiller wrote:

Ok i understand. I testes EFS and my clearing speed was too low. Power charges also didn't go higher than 2. So for farm it's not so cool but for bosses.
Discharge with Area can rip whole screen, don't underestimate it.

Unfortunately, i confrim this. Arc is better than EFS on packs.

"
RicoKGB wrote:
@Lynk3591

"Inreased dmg taken" = more dmg.

Shock status aligment on enemies is a 50% more multiplier for your total dps.

More than that Arc generates charges. Discharge with 3/3 charges with Elemental Focus will be doing less Dmg than Discharge with 5/5 charges without Elemental Focus, shocking excluded. And should be on pair with Discharge at 4/4, shocking excluded.

More than that less endurance charges means less physical mitigation and shorter IC calls.

More than that Lightning Strike is doing shitty dmg on its own and you wont be killing packs with Discharge alone effectivelly. All mobs outside of Discharge range will be laughing at you. With Discharge alone its better to use cyclone vs packs.

However if you like it without Arc than thats fine. Arc is less needed with Juggernaut version. Its you playing there after all so peak whatever setup you like. Just dont try to reinvent the wheel ;)

Damn, i hate this game:-) All time if i don't know something, people told me "Read the official Wiki!" On the wiki is no mention that this is a shock have more multiplier, only one word and it's "increase", where proofs?:) But i confrim one thing, without arc generates only 2/2 charges on lightning strike and survivability will bad.
What do you think guys about this enchants:
30% chance for Discharge not to consume Charges
36% increased Immortal Call Duration
"
PKiller wrote:

30% chance for Discharge not to consume Charges

This was allready talked about 40 pages ago ;)

Its not good. No charges consumed = no healing via Kingsguard.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
I need some tips on where to level and what to improve at 64.
I had no more than 10 deaths from 1 to 63, and now Im already in 50!

I cant do tier 1 maps and cant kill Piety!

This is what Im using (still 43 int left to be able to use Mjolner)

My resists are low with 38/36/77/24.
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
You just need to farm and get proper level, u don't need to follow the guide because you are not using mjolner and build's tricks.

p.s. earthquake good for farming + marohi, in chest armor make ancestral warchief 5L, it will have more dps than you.
Last edited by PKiller on Oct 13, 2016, 8:31:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info