Add a buff timer for Offering skills

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1610616

It´s in the latest news post ("some of the changes in tomorrow's 2.2.1 update") :

There are now icons to show when Flesh Offering and Bone Offering affect you.
Well, we have a buff icon now but it doesn't show a duration timer.

GGG, can we get a duration countdown on the icon in seconds, like we have with every other limited duration buff?

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I started another thread that died, but since this one's getting bumped:

"
Jennik wrote:
The announcement that buffs for Offering skills would now show when they affect you is what convinced me to reroll a summoner, even though this league is incredibly unfriendly to summoners. I was kind of surprised when I killed Izaro, got that node, and the remaining duration was not present on the buff. This is ridiculously important when you're 100% relying on this buff to keep you alive in many cases.

Having the buff without showing the remaining duration is nearly as worthless as not having the buff at all, especially in HC where that brief period of downtime can mean the character hits the garbage bin.

Please fix this.

"
Jennik wrote:
After playing with this for a while, it's even worse than I expected. The buff icon gets lost among all the other constantly shifting buffs. Without the remaining duration as an indicator of when you need to recast your Offering, this is worse than being useless. It's actively distracting in it's awfulness since you're motivated to search your buffs for it, and sometimes you won't be able to find it because it's lost in the sea of buffs, and others you won't be able to find it because it's not there anymore.

You really need to do something about this. Adding a buff icon that doesn't show the remaining duration was actually worse than doing nothing. Knowing I have 10 seconds left before the Offering expires allows me to plan my actions. Only knowing that I have the buff up allows me to do nothing.

Again, please fix this. It literally couldn't suck harder than it sucks right now.

Edit: Also, this is stupid and terrible enough that I went ahead and rerolled. The Offering timer was the only reason I rolled this build as a witch in the first place. Had I known they'd implement it in a way that's unlike other duration icons, and worse than simply being useless, I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Last edited by Jennik on Mar 12, 2016, 9:32:44 PM
Same here. I just ascended as Necromancer to find out there are no timers for offering skills. Come on GGG, this is pretty basic stuff...
Just bumping as the problem is still not solved - offerings need a buff-timer!
Bumping. Yes GGG please give us a countdown timer on our offering spells. Please. We love you =)
Bump too. Would be really useful
Bump. Please add bufftimer to offering skills.
GGG are well aware that players would like timers on offering skills.

Despite claims to the contrary, this is not actually simple to do: for better or worse, the software architecture on both the client and the server that allows timer display requires that there is a static time that the item will be active for. So, yes, while a base time can be modified, it can't vary up and down based on external conditions such as "how many bodies you blew up", apparently.

Fixing this requires a substantial rework of the mechanisms behind all the timers, and honestly, I kind of assume that GGG are chipping away at that slowly -- but since it mostly just works™, it isn't going to be high priority.

So ... they know we want this. They can't deliver it quickly, because it isn't easy, because of some regrettable life choices made waaay back in the prehistory of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info