Izaro lag deaths

Frame drops, yeah, happened a few times to me while farming. Izaro always makes your frame drops and causes mini freezes, it doesnt make any sense at all. It really needs to be fixed immediately.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Happened to me last night on the Cruel Izaro fight. Nearly died from him leaping onto me while at the same time it appeared he was starting up his 'teleport aura', and I barely made it out of the way when the freeze was over. Froze for about 2 seconds and was down to about 10% life from full...close...but yeah, this does need to be addressed.
I run a Storm Call build. Iz is basically dead, I lag for a bit and when it catches up I'm on pixels of health remaining. I cast off a handful of Storm Calls and die. My Storm Calls go off and kill Izaro... I almost went full tilt.

I killed the boss, let me skip having to do it all over again =(
Imagine how hardcore players feel about him. Especially with his 3rd phase and his traps lowering my fps to >10.
Happened to me today in cruel lab. It is funny because I destroyed Izaro in the first two encounters but one lag spike due to all the overly-done effects + traps and I'm dead.

They really need to focus on optimization in the next major patch.
One month since Ascendancy went live and still there are countless fps drops and lag spikes in Labyrinth. Izaro, perandus mobs and opening some boxes can lower my fps from 60 to 5 for a short period of time. I wouldn't mind it if it happened once in a while, but it can occure multiple times per minute. Opening a box with Rogue Exile leads to serious spike.

Izaro's third encounter is full of lags -> when he uses his abilities for the 1st time and when he teleports you causes the most severe of lag spikes and it has caused many deaths for my less durable chars.

I've entered Cruel Izaro's 3rd stage with all golems and statues up, playing my lvl 62 Vacuum Gladiator. He charged to me, I've spinned and got him under 10%HP in just few seconds, then he started casting some of his abilities and my screen froze. I've stared at a frozen screen for about 2 seconds and then I was dead. Expected "April fools" message and sudden respawn on top of dead Izaro, but nah....
Go to your settings before loading the game.

Under UI, switch from LOCKSTEP > PREDICTIVE.

I used to play on lockstep prior to 2.1, but after the recent additions to the game it has become too unstable.

With predictive you will still have server side freezes, but instead of "losing control of your character", you will see a bit of warping or rubberbanding (i.e. /OOS).

I find that with predictive, I can't control the lag but at least I can control my death by having full control of my char.

Good luck.

I know a LOT of people that were playing this game on LOCKSTEP and had to go back to the old-school predictive mode to make it work decent.

I would say start here first while GGG figures their stuff out.
+1 bumping this because its a critical problem.

Also, if you destroy all the buffs prior to the 3rd right it will significantly help with the 0fps freeze spikes. I think its a memory cache/data issue. Not a GPU processing issue.

Because after the screen freeze it does speed the game up for a second or two in terms of movement. Like seeing a TV show in fast forward mode. This indicates a net data issue. It could be lockstep stutter as well possibly, but i don't think that's what it is though.

Another possibility too is the limitation of how much data the server can stream to you per packet. Not sure what the bandwidth caps are. Since configuration modding in this game doesn't exist, to my knowledge.

But i believe the overall problem is to much data needed, not enough buffering sizes from a net point of view.

The reason i think this is because its happening to everyone even people with ultra high end systems. Core i7+ cpus with a 760TI + in terms of physical specs.
Are gaming companies assuming everyone has a solid state hard drive and no longer optimizing for disk drives? That's the impression I'm getting in all games I'm playing. Load times getting longer.
"
Go to your settings before loading the game.

Under UI, switch from LOCKSTEP > PREDICTIVE.

I used to play on lockstep prior to 2.1, but after the recent additions to the game it has become too unstable.

With predictive you will still have server side freezes, but instead of "losing control of your character", you will see a bit of warping or rubberbanding (i.e. /OOS).

I find that with predictive, I can't control the lag but at least I can control my death by having full control of my char.

Good luck.

We're having GRAPHICAL freeze / lag. Not CONNECTION freeze / lag. Changing to predictive won't do any good. Unless i'm missing something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info