Is this really the direction PoE is going?

This Perandus league is quite literally turning the game into Diablo 3.

You log in and get handed uniques.

10 hours into the start of the new league and there were 30+ drillnecks, taste of hate, lightning coils and 7+ shavs.

All on day 1. [Removed by Support]

I've been playing this game for almost 5 years now and I've gota be honest. This is nothing like what I thought PoE would turn into.

If next league is anything like this you can bet I'll never spend a dime on the development of this game.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Mar 6, 2016, 7:36:16 PM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2016, 1:17:28 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agreed.Game is turning from hardcore arpg to some abomination for casuals and platformer lovers.
So disapointed,i spend a lots of money in this game and i never regret any cent,but i seriosly doubt i will spend more,really dont like direction where game is going.
Dont know what happened to GGG moto ''hardcore game for hardcore players''.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 6, 2016, 7:41:02 PM
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
This Perandus league is quite literally turning the game into Diablo 3.

You log in and get handed uniques.

10 hours into the start of the new league and there were 30+ drillnecks, taste of hate, lightning coils and 7+ shavs.

All on day 1. [Removed by Support]

I've been playing this game for almost 5 years now and I've gota be honest. This is nothing like what I thought PoE would turn into.

If next league is anything like this you can bet I'll never spend a dime on the development of this game.

Rofl, GGG finally realized that making super low drop rates doesn't make your game hardcore and you're mad? I'll be damn.
No It's fucking amazing quit complaining.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The extra access to uniques doesn't bother me the slightest, but the perandus coins do. I would not like to see a gold like currency added to game.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's an amazing league for self-found players, giving access to great leveling uniques for a fair price. Are you seriously suggesting GGG not add content because RMT skews its fairness? I'd expect more from a Closed Beta supporter...

PoE has never been about catering to self found players. Why are we giving up so much about what makes this game good to support people who play for a week and quit?

I don't know about you buy I have zero desire to continue playing a game where within 24 hours I have a lightning coil and taste of hate, friends have the same, free drillnecks. Uniques costing literally 5 chaos that used to go for an exalt or more.

How is it fun to be handed the best items in the game for simply logging in and getting level 40?
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's an amazing league for self-found players, giving access to great leveling uniques for a fair price. Are you seriously suggesting GGG not add content because RMT skews its fairness? I'd expect more from a Closed Beta supporter...

PoE has never been about catering to self found players. Why are we giving up so much about what makes this game good to support people who play for a week and quit?

I don't know about you buy I have zero desire to continue playing a game where within 24 hours I have a lightning coil and taste of hate, friends have the same, free drillnecks. Uniques costing literally 5 chaos that used to go for an exalt or more.

How is it fun to be handed the best items in the game for simply logging in and getting level 40?

Selfies rejoice!

You seem mad, OP. :D
"
"
Rainbowvomit wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Selfies rejoice!

You seem mad, OP. :D

Why would I not be mad? Anyone who loves this game should be mad right now. They're turning a game that was praised for its hardcore appeal and something that requires some effort into diablo 3.
I'm happy to see items drop more, even though I refuse to start yet another player from scratch to participate in the easy drop league.

The reason is because I love trying out different builds and hard to get items is just a wall to trying out new things. Just look at the passive tree, look how many different possibilities of play there is to try out. That is what drew me to this game, that is what it has to offer. You want me to be stuck to 1 play style because that's all the items I have to try at the moment?

The real problem is, once you have all the gear you need in finding a build you are loving to play, you then find yourself playing in non-challenging maps that are 20 levels below your character. This is the real problem they need to fix.
Tbh OP is right, between the massive power creep that is ascendancy without any drawback (humkay, we nerfed crit chance and multi a bit, humkay...) and the fountain of unique league, this game look nothing like it was 3 years ago.

I like the labyrinth tho, all those topics whining about it make me happy that some content is still a bit "hard".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info