2.2 [Inquisitor] Incinerate is viable again! RF Incinerate, Tanky, -EZ Atziri W/ Video

Interesting, so then there is a difference between "more damage" and "increased damage" and enough to make up for Iron will also letting strength add to spell damage? Sorry I'm still new to trying to theorycraft things. Also I tested out the crit idea on a normal character and the crit gem (which should do the same as the assassin sub ascendancy of scion) plus controlled destruction still gave 5% crit on incinerate which was enough to keep the buff up most of the time.
"
Interesting, so then there is a difference between "more damage" and "increased damage" and enough to make up for Iron will also letting strength add to spell damage? Sorry I'm still new to trying to theorycraft things. Also I tested out the crit idea on a normal character and the crit gem (which should do the same as the assassin sub ascendancy of scion) plus controlled destruction still gave 5% crit on incinerate which was enough to keep the buff up most of the time.

yes, there is a difference between "more" and "increased". increased is additive, more is multiplicative, let me quote an explanation from some other post:
"
Increased means it will apply additively, more means it will apply multiplicatively.

For example, lets say you have 100 base energy shield. You have 20% increased energy shield from passives, and 30% increased energy shield from Intelligence. You also have 10% more energy shield from passives.

Energy shield=100*(1+.2+.3)*1.1=165

Now if you also had 20% more energy shield from a unique item or something you would have:
Energy shield=100*(1+.2+.3)*1.1*1.2=198
Updated OP with detailed atziri guide.
I see, thanks. Fire pen is also better than Iron will then?
Yes, - resistance directly increases damage monsters take, so its equal to a more spell damage multiplier, even with 0 fire res mobs since penetration doesn't require enemy having resistance to be effective. Quote from wkii:
"
Consider a player using a skill with Penetrates 50% Fire Resistance dealing 100 fire damage to an enemy:

Spoiler
If the enemy has +0% Fire resistance
The enemy's resistance will be treated at 50 lower than it is, which in this case will result in an effective -50% fire resistance. The enemy will take 150 fire damage.
If the enemy has +25% Fire resistance
This will result in an effective -25% fire resistance. The enemy will take 125 fire damage.
The enemy has +150% Fire resistance, but is capped at their maximum fire resistance of 75%
This will result in an effective 25% fire resistance. The enemy will take 75 fire damage.
The enemy has +150% Fire resistance, but is capped at their maximum fire resistance of 75%. The enemy is cursed with Flammability before being attacked, which causes them to lose 30% Fire Resistance.
The enemy first loses 30% resistance, bringing them down to +120% fire resistance. They are still well above their maximum, and their resistance value remains at 75%. The 50% penetration then results in an effective 25% fire resistance. The enemy will take 75 fire damage.
The enemy has +10% Fire resistance. The enemy is cursed with Flammability before being attacked, which causes them to lose 30% Fire Resistance.
The enemy first loses 30% resistance, bringing them down to -20% fire resistance. The 50% penetration then results in an effective -70% fire resistance. The enemy will take 170 fire damage.
Passive skills
Spoiler
Would you use a certain six link unique or go for a good rare chest? Thanks.
"
Hards wrote:
Would you use a certain six link unique or go for a good rare chest? Thanks.

As i explained in the post, a rare 6l chest is definitely a good choice, but coloring makes this a pain in the ass. We need armor bases only and getting 4 blue on them is ridiculously hard. Same goes for Belly of the Beast, which i think is the best in slot chest for this build. Armor/Es or Eva/Es chests can get 4b much easily, but they will provide little to no defense and es provided by them will directly reduce your regen. So on the useful/easy to get line, Splendour is our best choice here. Good allres, very high life, mana/health gained on kill and easy to color.
Thanks for the build, always nice to see what others are doing with RF, Incinerate. My "main" if you will is a Rf Incinerate Maurader that I broke back out after Ascendancy launch thinking that it would have synergies with Maurader-Chieftan (1.5% life regeneration,20% fire damage,20 str+10% str,40% armor,10% all res,10% reduced mana cost,15% chance to ignite,35% increased damage againts burning enemies,1% of Fire dmg leech as life,penetration 10% fire resistance). The build is EXTREMELY tanky now but I feel like the damage is a little light (tooltip dps is around 21.5k). My current gear:

With this setup and my tree I am able to run, Purity of fire, purity of lightning, arctic armor and vitality simultaneously and still have enough mana left to cast golem and lightning warp warp without bloodmagic.

slotting the RF in a Doon with the lvl 30 iron will is just too powerful to pass up.

One thing that I want to try is swapping out my belly for a an infernal mantle. Yes I will give up a TON of health but mantle will be much easier to get the coloring plus the damage benefits are just great:

+1 fire gems
+25-35% spell damage
25% fire dam converted to Chaos damage (Atrizi flask)

Since I am already north of 7k HP I am going to give Mantle a try to see if the damage for health tradeoff is worth it. Thanks for the information, will certainly follow the discussion.
Last edited by Neurik on Mar 24, 2016, 2:41:30 PM
"
Neurik wrote:
Thanks for the build, always nice to see what others are doing with RF, Incinerate. My "main" if you will is a Rf Incinerate Maurader that I broke back out after Ascendancy launch thinking that it would have synergies with Maurader-Chieftan (1.5% life regeneration,20% fire damage,20 str+10% str,40% armor,10% all res,10% reduced mana cost,15% chance to ignite,35% increased damage againts burning enemies,1% of Fire dmg leech as life,penetration 10% fire resistance). The build is EXTREMELY tanky now but I feel like the damage is a little light (tooltip dps is around 21.5k). My current gear:

With this setup and my tree I am able to run, Purity of fire, purity of lightning, arctic armor and vitality simultaneously and still have enough mana left to cast golem and lightning warp warp without bloodmagic.

slotting the RF in a Doon with the lvl 30 iron will is just too powerful to pass up.

One thing that I want to try is swapping out my belly for a an infernal mantle. Yes I will give up a TON of health but mantle will be much easier to get the coloring plus the damage benefits are just great:

+1 fire gems
+25-35% spell damage

Since I am already north of 7k HP I am going to give Mantle a try to see if the damage for health tradeoff is worth it. Thanks for the information, will certainly follow the discussion.

Hey bro, glad you enjoyed the build. Your gear is pretty nice but there are few things i noticed that could increase your dps.
First thing is the boots. Blood dance is too good to pass because of frenzy generation, 5 frenzies mean 20% more damage and 20% cast speed, and also 2.5% to 5% regen depending if you have legacy or not.
Second thing is vitality. I really dont think its worth running unless you degen w/o it and you shouldn't if you get the same regen nodes as me. Substitute it with flammability + blasphemy, and you'll definitely feel the difference.
Also how much STR do you have at the moment? Does it justify using iron will over elemental focus? Or using Doon instead of a wand with proj speed or dagger to use whirling blades? And do you really need the damage from rf itself? Because you can just switch to a wand with proj speed and substitute faster proj gem with faster casting/ele focus.
As for the mantle, its good for BM keystone versions but going rf and needing auras means we will always be on low mana, making mantle too dangerous. Also it gives 500 es, with some nodes providing es and bonus from int will cost us some nice regen. I wouldn't recommend it.

Also you mentioned 21.5k tooltip, is that with rf on? if yes then you're right, your dps is a bit lower than expected. i have 13.6k town dps, 24.2k with rf and around 30k with charges(goes up to 40ks with slower proj), and it feels so smooth. Also my level 21 flammability gives effectively 45% more damage, which is absolutely insane.

Another thing to catch my eyes is alpha's howl. Why sacrifice a helm slot to run 4 auras? As i said vitality is probably unnecessary, and purity of lightning is quite situational. If i were you, i'd either swap my gloves for repentance and get rid of the iron will gem, or get rid of the boots for blood dance, and use a rare helm to cap my res.

These are all i can say now, i hope it helps. Thanks again for your reply and feedback!
Last edited by OgiMagi on Mar 24, 2016, 3:07:14 PM
"
"
Neurik wrote:

+1 fire gems
+25-35% spell damage

Hey bro, glad you enjoyed the build. Your gear is pretty nice but there are few things i noticed that could increase your dps.
First thing is the boots. Blood dance is too good to pass because of frenzy generation, 5 frenzies mean 20% more damage and 20% cast speed, and also 2.5% to 5% regen depending if you have legacy or not.
Second thing is vitality. I really dont think its worth running unless you degen w/o it and you shouldn't if you get the same regen nodes as me. Substitute it with flammability + blasphemy, and you'll definitely feel the difference.
Also how much STR do you have at the moment? Does it justify using iron will over elemental focus? Or using Doon instead of a wand with proj speed or dagger to use whirling blades? And do you really need the damage from rf itself? Because you can just switch to a wand with proj speed and substitute faster proj gem with faster casting/ele focus.
As for the mantle, its good for BM keystone versions but going rf and needing auras means we will always be on low mana, making mantle too dangerous. Also it gives 500 es, with some nodes providing es and bonus from int will cost us some nice regen. I wouldn't recommend it.

Also you mentioned 21.5k tooltip, is that with rf on? if yes then you're right, your dps is a bit lower than expected. i have 13.6k town dps, 24.2k with rf and around 30k with charges(goes up to 40ks with slower proj), and it feels so smooth. Also my level 21 flammability gives effectively 45% more damage, which is absolutely insane.

Another thing to catch my eyes is alpha's howl. Why sacrifice a helm slot to run 4 auras? As i said vitality is probably unnecessary, and purity of lightning is quite situational. If i were you, i'd either swap my gloves for repentance and get rid of the iron will gem, or get rid of the boots for blood dance, and use a rare helm to cap my res.

These are all i can say now, i hope it helps. Thanks again for your reply and feedback!

Thanks for the reply!! Really nice to be kicking around incinerate ideas again, I have felt like I was the only one playing it post nerfs :).

I can't log in from here but my str is in the high 600's closer to the 700 range and yes the 21.5k dps is with RF on. My current setup is very very defensive with my two CWDT setups and regen there is not much to fear in the way of damage. I sat next to Voll in the Lake to test it out and could have walked away to make a sandwich.

I really like Alpha Howl with lvl 21 PoF, it gets me to lvl 23 (+5% max fire res vs +4% at lvl 22 and below). Running vitality actually allows me to sustain RF WITHOUT running PoF which is crazy, from memory my life regen per second is around 1,00/sec so I could probably just run ruby's and not even use life flasks.

You have me considering Elemental Focus but I am hesitant as I would give up some of the passive benefits of going Chieftan since I will not be able to ignite enemies (probably does not matter if stuff is dying faster). Also my Belly is corrupted to any other color changes would require an investment in a new chest.

Finally I have lots of resists on the boots but I am fairly certain I could drop boots/gloves or belt and still be resistance capped (especially when running two purities). I have been holding out swapping because I would love to get my hands on a headhunter at some point :). Thanks again for sparking my curiosity and getting me thinking about a better setup. At the very least I am thinking I should at least give the blood dance a go and see what it does.

Best,

N

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info