Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
Chadwixx wrote:
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

P.S. To those people that want to say I find the labyrinth to be disgusting because it is too hard or my build is too pathetic, nope I didn't die in those first two runs, I hate it just because it is boring tedious not fun and destroyed a game that I used to love.

If its's not your cup of tea, it's just fine. But i even think that it's really not so unbearable. I mean, it's just some content that you can do once and then forget forever for a character that you play for hours.

But it's fine to not like it at all even if it's not even hard for you :P

Its too long, after a couple rooms i just wanna do something else and leave game (not lab, but whole game).

Havent loaded poe in 2 weeks, as long as the lab is in poe i wont be. Its an insult to poe. The fact it made it live made me lose confidence in this dev team.

Note, I hate labyrinth to the point that my first thought when I first started playing labyrinth was to think, "they should fire the person that thought of this horrible boring monstrosity". The truth is though that there are people that really enjoy the labyrinth. So, I think for those of us that hate the labyrinth, we shouldn't really be too hard on GGG. I think that they made a mistake in implementing a piece of the game that plays more like Prince of Persia or Mario than the game play we used to love. However, if they make it truly optional by making the Ascendancy Points available without going through the labyrinth then I'll be very grateful to GGG for returning the game I love to me.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Its not a content you do only once you tools. You do everything, EVERYTHING meaning 3 times the labyrinth, 18 times the stupid trials for every new character. I had some ideas about ascendancy classes but knowing what I have to go through I simply gave up. The only friend I have who is still playing this league similarly tells me how he is drained and doesn't feel like leveling up another character.

Funny isn't it? They went the extra mile to make the game super easy and open for builds then they put this mandatory crap in the way.
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

P.S. To those people that want to say I find the labyrinth to be disgusting because it is too hard or my build is too pathetic, nope I didn't die in those first two runs, I hate it just because it is boring tedious not fun and destroyed a game that I used to love.

If its's not your cup of tea, it's just fine. But i even think that it's really not so unbearable. I mean, it's just some content that you can do once and then forget forever for a character that you play for hours.

But it's fine to not like it at all even if it's not even hard for you :P

This is not completely true. Enchantment destroyes what are you saying.

If GGG keep the enchantment at the end of the lab (totally random and only 1 try per run), then lab will be somewhat "mandatory".
This game is studied to push you to getting better gear. When you get good gear, you have the choice to accumulate a lot of money to buy the similar things you have to corrupt them or... going for enchant.
You want to upgrade your gear? Then you have to get some good enchants ---> how many runs will it take to get the enchant for the skill you use? (maybe not the primary skill, but at least the secondary? 50 if you are lucky?

Do i really need to do the lab all the day only for a damn stupid enchant, instead of running maps that can drop me something with real value?
I mean, lab is lv68, you cant drop anything good, and the lab unique items are totally worthless (coz this challenge its not studied to be "costly", i would say that it is doable alone without trade uh... and maybe this is not a bad thing, in the end).
So, why should i go for lab runs?

Too much time wasted imho. I can run faster 3-4 maps, and do more chaos orbs with recipe and maybe i even drop an ex or a good unique. And if i run t14-15 maps, and drop those maps, i have surely do a good bargain. This is a "reward".

Now dont come and say me that "now with the ladder and the jewel reward, you can get something worthful". Coz, i mean, it clearly isn't true.

And its not even challenging: totally boring. I hope GGG will introduce a lab lv75-80, like for Rigwald. This maybe could be challenging.
Last edited by Serge91 on Apr 13, 2016, 7:29:38 AM
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

I sure feel good getting Ascendancy Points after finishing the lab. So your doubts are quite invalid already. :)

Tell me,would you quit POE if they remove ac points from lab?I guess not,but there are many ppl who are allready done with game beacuse of lab and many who are bored with their chars and they dont want to reroll and go through lab and trials again(my current char is lv 96 in PHC,wanna rerol but i simply just dont wanna bother with trials and lab anymore).
From begining of POE,was there any content which made players quit game or leauge until lab?

Ok, tell me guy, why in the fuck it is a good argument when you are using it, and then when I could (potentially) use it, you say you don't think so? Lol. Please, be consistent in your ways. If you want to use I'm-gonna-quit card yourself, don't deny it for other people.

Also, if anything, it proves that I'm distanced to all this (and you obviously see it, because you assumed that I wouldn't quit), and I'll accept the change, while other people go ape-shit crazy about things like the Labyrinth.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Serge91 wrote:

This is not completely true. Enchantment destroyes what are you saying.

If GGG keep the enchantment at the end of the lab (totally random and only 1 try per run), then lab will be somewhat "mandatory".
This game is studied to push you to getting better gear. When you get good gear, you have the choice to accumulate a lot of money to buy the similar things you have to corrupt them or... going for enchant.
You want to upgrade your gear? Then you have to get some good enchants ---> how many runs will it take to get the enchant for the skill you use? (maybe not the primary skill, but at least the secondary? 50 if you are lucky?

Do i really need to do the lab all the day only for a damn stupid enchant, instead of running maps that can drop me something with real value?
I mean, lab is lv68, you cant drop anything good, and the lab unique items are totally worthless (coz this challenge its not studied to be "costly", i would say that it is doable alone without trade uh... and maybe this is not a bad thing, in the end).

Too much time wasted imho. I can run faster 3-4 maps, and do more chaos orbs with recipe and maybe i even drop an ex or a good unique. And if i run t14-15 maps, and drop those maps, i have surely do a good bargain. This is a "reward".

Now dont come and say me that "now with the ladder and the jewel reward, you can get something worthful". Coz, i mean, it clearly isn't true.

And its not even challenging: totally boring. I hope GGG will introduce a lab lv75-80, like for Rigwald. This maybe could be challenging.

I completely disagree here. If we talk about moving ascendancies away from lab, even if i don't like the idea, it has some sense, because ascendancies can't be bought on the market, but enchants can.

To be honest i usually run lab to have profit. I mean i run it and then i enchant a well rolled or an ilvl base and then sell it. Most of my wealth come from lab this ladder.

But if you really dislike the idea of running it you can just buy. It is like buying a Vessel of Vinktar without running the map yourself.

I actually even find that currency drop is nice aswell if you maximize the number of keys izzy drops raising the level of challenge, but it's a different topic i guess.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Serge91 wrote:

Enchantment destroyes what are you saying.

You right, 1 RANDOM enhancement per FULL run lab? WHAT GGG THINKING WHEN INTRODUCE IT?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I kinda liked the idea of having to be strong enough to run through the lab on each difficulty in order to ascend fully. Although, if they did make it a level requirement to ascend, i'm sure that would work just as well (i.e; level 48 for normal ascend, level 58 cruel and then 68 for merci, to be somewhat consistent with the current player level by the end of each difficulty)

cheers
[Removed by Izaro]
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
You right, 1 RANDOM enhancement per FULL run lab? WHAT GGG THINKING WHEN INTRODUCE IT?

That the bonuses you can get from it are extremely powerful? That multiple people run the labs for the enchantments, that some people enjoy grinding for the "lotto type craft"

They could be slightly better in design, but I like the 1 enchant per run thing, if you run it too slow of course it is going to feel sluggish, so get a better build or start learning the lab more.

(or spend 3-4 ex on a high ilevel base or unique item with the enchant you want)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Jideament wrote:
[Removed by Izaro]

Since you're not on probation, does that give us a clue as to which side Izaro and GGG are on?

:-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info