Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
There are those of us who like it, not everyone hates it.

Perhaps there is,but 99% of ppl who i talked to about this think that labyrinth is bad design,all veteran players.

Stop playing dumb perma leagues bro.
Get over it, play perandus, level a new toon and enjoy your fucking trip.

Take care with your salt

Peace,

-Encarta-

I play only HC temp leagues and i would enjoy perandus like every previos leaugue if there isnt fucking mini platformer game in main game.I spend 3 hours in normal lab(dc-ed 2 times near end),whn i think that i must go through that shithole 2 more times,i get pain in my stomach.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 7, 2016, 9:31:18 AM
The primary reason I quit Diablo3 only a month after it first came out is because of having to restart a boss fight every time I died. If you want MMORPG levels of boss-class balance you're gonna have to do MMORPG levels of class-skill balancing. Y-up for it? No, didn't think so.
Worst content ever? Atleast is easiest question ever :D

YES, IT IS

Destroyed the fun in best game ever with single patch... No game patch has ever achieved this before, atleast cannot remember such... so I suppose gratz GGG for making something that seemed impossible, possible :)
Last edited by ForciblyBaptized on Mar 7, 2016, 8:26:21 PM
Naaa it's not. That killing streak stuff, however... ;)
just a epic failure

"
Telzen wrote:
There are those of us who like it, not everyone hates it.

I enjoy it a lot :)
find it to be lots of fun!
Id say the labyrinth is actually great content but wins by a landslide for "worst content implementation." I've decided to bail on this league already, or at least until major fixes/improvements/balancing to the labyrinth and Izaro occurs. The gold doesn't interest me. It's not a worthwhile league feature on it's own. And I played all of Rampage and Warbands, two leagues most people claim had the worst features. Though I do like that it helps you while leveling new characters and gives you options there and gives you access to league-specific uniques, many of which carry interesting mods found nowhere else and aren't broken at all.

After a few days of thinking and reading feedback from other players, and after two failed attempts on Normal difficulty and one "failed" attempt on Cruel difficulty, I think I've found the right words to describe why I dislike the labyrinth and where I think it fails design-wise:

"Let's make a labyrinth!"

"Let's make it a very traditional-RPG-inspired labyrinth... Gigantic, with multiple interconnecting zones and branching paths... About the size of an entire act! Let's fill these zones with all kinds of interesting areas to explore, and puzzles, and traps, and lore pieces, and hidden things to find like treasure chests, or keys to later chests, and even drops that can assist you at later parts of the labyrinth or even the boss fights. Let's even go ahead and allow players to go back zones in the labyrinth if they want so they can fully experience all the labyrinth has to offer. Essentially, we should do as much as possible to encourage players to explore at their leisure. This is how casual players like to play. Of course we should also have a reward for completion of this labyrinth... How about a one time only per difficulty reward, which is essentially an important form of progression for individual characters, basically making it mandatory? Great, let's put it in mid to late act III as a way for players to prepare for act IV."

"Let's also add completely optional rewards that can optionally be grinded endlessly, like as an endgame option. To keep it challenging to get these rewards, let's make it so that if you die, logout or portal out of the labyrinth you will have to start all over again. And of course, let's make the boss challenging as well. Let's tune him so that he should be fought after completing act IV on Normal and Cruel and should be difficult even for high-level mapping characters in Merciless. This risk/reward setup will encourage players to move through the labyrinth as quickly as possible, skipping everything in order maximize their rewards, as well as discourage them from wasting their time exploring, which would only hurt them in the event of failure or random DC or bug. That's how hardcore players like to play."

"Now let's forget entirely that these are two contradicting ideas that shouldn't be combined."
^^ well done that is a very good point.
"
D623932883 wrote:

"Let's make a labyrinth!"

"Let's make it a very traditional-RPG-inspired labyrinth... Gigantic, with multiple interconnecting zones and branching paths... About the size of an entire act! "

Seriously?

I just wonder why it took me 9-10 minutes (put a clock next to screen) for the last lab run after I took the wrong way twice and rolled two artisan boxes.

The length of a whole act?

Sure that was with leap slamming. My very first run took me about 45 minutes on patch day. When I go relaxed it is about 15 minutes. I think 6-7 minutes is possible in current layout when not wasting time. Why do players need instant gratification? After some runs it is getting really quick. How quick you want it? 3 minute runs? 2 minutes?

I don't understand this feedback of a labyrinth of one act length. You don't need to full clear it mate.

The labyrinth is perfect content. And I will explain why:
- it is not solely gear dependent, therefore it challenges worse and better geared players the same way (day before yesterday I payed with my ranger 4300 life and a friend lvl 100 ranger with all slots mirror gear 7500 life and he wondered why he is dying and I am not).
- gear still plays a role
- it offers more potential rewards if you stay longer and do extras
- it offers always changing layout, therefore you need to memorize zones as well as the setup and layout of different kind of traps and learn how to deal with them the safest/fastest, not just brainless content
- the enchantment rewards wont get boring for quite some time and allow less capitalized players to get something of value without relying on trading
- the boss fight is the best boss fight in PoE so far. Very well thought out. Very well balanced between melee/ranged, not favoring ranged as all/most other boss fights. Got some nice mechanics to learn.

Really great work with the lab GGG. Sry for all them who cant appreciate this master piece of work. PoE seriously needs more of this quality's content.
Last edited by LSN on Mar 8, 2016, 12:32:49 AM
Gating the highlight of the expansion (AC) behind a silly mini-game is absurd. Whoever is a reddit user must make a thread with all the valid points why labyrinth is bad new for the game. Maybe GGG will listen.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info