Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
sfangwb wrote:
players will be breezing through the maze anyway. Wait and see.[/i]

So far I only see lvl 50+ players doing their first lab run in normal difficulty because of how *** hard it is. Doing normal diff lab run with lvl ~38 char is borderline impossible. And constant disconnections arent the only reason for this
Nothing here
"
trolldemort wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
sfangwb wrote:
players will be breezing through the maze anyway. Wait and see.[/i]

So far I only see lvl 50+ players doing their first lab run in normal difficulty because of how *** hard it is. Doing normal diff lab run with lvl ~38 char is borderline impossible. And constant disconnections arent the only reason for this

Did normal lab deathless solo with self found gear, entered as level 34 exited as 37.

So it is possible to do at the specified level, cruel is a bit harder but still did it at level 58.

Edit:

Also did it as melee so you have no excuse really.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 6, 2016, 6:43:23 PM
"
Raudram wrote:
I find all the baby fits of rage flooding this forum ridiculous.

You know what I find ridiculous? The predominance of supposed adults resorting to framing those with a different opinion than their own fanboi white-knight opinion as "crying babies".

How about this: we have a discussion where you don't resort to calling those who disagree with you "crying babies"? And I promise I won't call you a fanboi white-knight... hmm?

No, that won't work, because the only thing you have to say against "This shit isn't fun at all please the worst content ever!!!!" is

"Oh you QQ babies!"

Really. get over your own estimation of your comparative maturity. The fact that you have developed a liking for platformers says enough about that.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
The Lab' is tough (there is no disguising it) but rewarding. It's something that rewards perseverance & different approach to the usual PoE experience. I tried it at level 36 and died many times, when I tried again at level 42 it was still a challenge but more enjoyable, I felt more confident to explore the Lab'.

I like it. As the Ascendancy points feel more end game it makes sense to bide your time before tackling the Lab', rather than being part of the levelling experience, but if you get more confident & skilful at tackling the Lab' then you can do it at the appropriate level.

As with new content it'll take sometime to get used to it. So guys give it a chance instead of moaning about it & dismissing it.
Last edited by Chalk_Circles on Mar 6, 2016, 6:57:05 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Raudram wrote:
I find all the baby fits of rage flooding this forum ridiculous.

You know what I find ridiculous? The predominance of supposed adults resorting to framing those with a different opinion than their own fanboi white-knight opinion as "crying babies".

How about this: we have a discussion where you don't resort to calling those who disagree with you "crying babies"? And I promise I won't call you a fanboi white-knight... hmm?

No, that won't work, because the only thing you have to say against "This shit isn't fun at all please the worst content ever!!!!" is

"Oh you QQ babies!"

Really. get over your own estimation of your comparative maturity. The fact that you have developed a liking for platformers says enough about that.

This. So much this. Different people have different lifestyles and different play styles. The way you enjoy playing is not the way everyone enjoys playing. The key is not to tune the game to your tastes, the key is to make it accessible to everyone. Dismissing people who play more casually as being stupid babies who just want to be spoonfed is ignorant and doesn't help the dialogue on how to improve things so everyone can have fun.

You're welcome to your opinions, just don't be arrogant a about them.
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
The Lab' is though, there is no disguising it, but rewarding. It's something that rewards perseverance & different approach to the usual PoE experience. [...]
As with new content it'll take sometime to get used to it. So guys give it a chance instead of moaning about it & dismissing it.

1. It rewards an approach to PoE that is more like a platformer. The problem with this is Many of us don't LIKE platformers, and we DO like what PoE has been! When you try to please everyone (by pandering to the tomb raider and super mario fans) you end up pissing off your fanbase.

Remember GGG, without MTX, you don't have a game.

Most people you're pissing off have a lot of money invested in their MTX, and will be reluctant to quit (myself included), but if it's a choice between dozens of hours of frustration doing something I HATE, and continuing to enjoy the premium stash tabs I've sunk a bunch of my money into, I'm on the fence right now.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
The Lab' is tough (there is no disguising it) but rewarding. It's something that rewards perseverance & different approach to the usual PoE experience. I tried it at level 36 and died many times, when I tried again at level 42 it was still a challenge but more enjoyable, I felt more confident to explore the Lab'.

I like it. As the Ascendancy points feel more end game it makes sense to bide your time before tackling the Lab', rather than being part of the levelling experience, but if you get more confident & skilful at tackling the Lab' then you can do it at the appropriate level.

I play perandus hc,i managed to finish normal labyrinth at lv 55 at third attempt,previos 2 attempts i failed beacuse i dc-ed when i was about to kill izaro 3rd form.Only rewarad i got for 3 hours of doin the most antifun content i ever played in any game was 2 subclass points and 1 gcp.Whn i finally killed itzaro 3d from,i was given option to chose enchamnet for my gloves,but i didnt give a fuck for that,was just rushed to pick up sublass,was too afraid of dc-ing again.Honestly,if i would dc-ed again,i would just quit,no way i would be doing that shithole for 4th time.
"
joachimbond wrote:

The problem with this is Many of us don't LIKE platformers, and we DO like what PoE has been!
Most people ...

Or this is just selective bias?

You know people will rather post negative things about stuff than positive, especially if it affects them personally.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 6, 2016, 7:07:34 PM
"
CaoMengde wrote:
really i thought this game was total shit..
but the labyrinth made it interesting

game was okay...
fun to kill shit, level gear etc
but theres an insane amount of lameass design decisions everywhere

at least now theres finally something interesting in the game lol

i mean the whole game was just grind like an idiot for crap
now theres actually a game in this crap

BUT ive only run it once so far haha
so yeah maybe it sucks

Go ahead and run it a few times. Then see how you feel about it when all you have to show for boring hours spent is some lost XP and sering bond totem elemental resist on your head...
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:

The problem with this is Many of us don't LIKE platformers, and we DO like what PoE has been!
Most people ...

Or this is just selective bias?

You know people will rather post negative things about stuff than positive, especially if it affects them personally.

The first post I made on the forum concerning this expansion STARTED with the positives. Go read it https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1599347/page/2#p12943436

GGG has done a GREAT job with most of this expansion, which is why it feels so insulting to be told "here go play a platformer/puzzlebox game!" as a paywall for the best character upgrades they've ever introduced.

I play PoE to play PoE, not fucking Tomb Raider, and not fucking Super Mario Bros. As I've stated before, my problem with the labs is not their difficulty, per se, but with the fact that we have to slog all the way through it on anything but a perfect score. If there were checkpoints, I wouldn't even have bothered to complain! It's a SLOG for me and many others, not a fun diversion from the usual playstyle. I WISH I had the sort of neurological makeup to be good at Super Mario, or Happy Wheels, or Super Meat Boy, or whatever... But I don't. I play PoE because it's accessible to people like myself who don't have super-twitch levels of coordination, and never have. The only sport I was ever good at was Volleyball, and that's because there's only one thing to keep your attention on! The fact that the traps follow predictable patterns actually makes it worse for me, because it lulls the threat-assessment part of my brain to numbness, while the knowledge of the actual threat jacks up my adrenaline level.

So basically locking the best character upgrades ever behind this lab says to people like myself "Piss off, we don't need your type here".

That's a PR problem that needs to be addressed, and soon! Else the people like myself who enjoy PoE for PoE's sake will be left knowing that GGG truly does feel that way.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info