Redundant thread: CHRIS HAS LISTENED. WE DID IT, NOT-REDDIT.

Former petition to get Merciless Labyrinth turned into a full Ascension -- no longer necessary
Apologies if I've either credited the wrong person or missed other people. Just going by what I've seen recently. And this thread is in no way an attempt to 'steal' someone's idea. I just want to isolate it and see what people think.

"
Hilldrake wrote:
they should add an option to receive all the bonuses when you do it in
Merciless difficulty.

Why?

• First, on a New League, you don't have any previously leveled character. (duh)

• Second, adding this option, won't harm Standard either. Because if you want to create a new character, you would feel as a new league. And for previously leveled characters, its just a waste of time doing everything again anyways.

If I'm reading this correctly, Hilldrake has proposed that Merciless Labyrinth provide a full six-point Ascension *instead of two more points*. So no matter how many points you have when you run it, a successful Merciless Labyrinth run will end with your character Ascended and six points allocated, total. I think this is brilliant.

It would certainly dramatically reduce the drudgery of Standard players having to replay all six trials three times, the massive Labyrinth three times, on dozens of characters that just want to get the Ascension over with and get back to mapping. On the other hand, it wouldn't affect players who want to level up through the Labyrinth, because they can still do all three Labyrinths when they need or want that power up as they go.

So you can either go straight for Merc Lab for a one-off hit of power (dealing with the toughest incarnation of the place), or you can do what we do now, which is get staggered power ups that help if you're a new character/leveling but don't really mean much if you're already a high level character.

I've brought this up with the devs and it's at the 'we'll talk about it' stage. That doesn't mean nothing but GGG do read these boards, and they do know my threads are typically not merely spam or emotionally-charged feedback.

So I don't care what you think about me, or where you stand on this matter. All I want to see is responses 'upvoting' Hilldrake's idea. I personally can't see anything wrong with it and think if we can get open and obvious support for it, that'll go a long way in swaying GGG's mind to effect this very win-win change.

If you have a legitimate disagreement, that's fine. But please don't turn this thread into yet another fight. We have enough of those.

Thanks for your time.

"
Chris wrote:
Some Standard and Hardcore players (i.e. not those in the Perandus leagues) have a lot of characters that they want to Ascend. Running 18 Trials and 3 Labyrinths is a lot of work when you have several high-level characters from each previous challenge league. We will be running a process tomorrow that will grant some Ascendancy points to existing Standard/Hardcore characters. Characters in Cruel will receive two points and characters in Merciless will receive four points. You still need to run a Labyrinth to actually choose an Ascendancy class. This means that if you run the Merciless Labyrinth, it'll be equivalent to running all three (due to the bonus four points). Note that this is a one-time process that we run, and only applies to existing permanent league characters.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 7, 2016, 12:42:17 AM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2016, 5:51:19 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Up vote from me
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
22 chars x 18 trials is just.......

Of course, there is a 23rd char on the way, so another 18 trials await.

I definitely supporting this compromise.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

We miss you, Bambi.<3
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 5, 2016, 8:34:04 PM
Its a good idea, but GGG are too arrogant to change something that drastically, coz, you know, they worked on that for a long time, and spent alot of our money on that >_>
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I have been thinking this myself earlier. You have my full support on this.
Meta-game holds no value - Play with what you like!
"
Its a good idea, but GGG are too arrogant to change something that drastically, coz, you know, they worked on that for a long time, and spent alot of our money on that >_>

Do not underestimate your Ruler...

"
"

Do not underestimate your Ruler...

why not? its 30 cm long and its bendy :/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Oh wow =O I'm surely impressed...! That's really touching man, thanks a lot for the Isolated re-post...!

But to be honest, the idea isn't totally mine, I should have credited the poster, but I can't remember his nick x_x...

I was reading some Labyrinth feedback and I saw a guy saying something to grant all the 6 points somehow, and then I came up with this Idea.

I merged the current Enchantment design which allows you to enchant your Gloves, Boots AND Helmet at Merciless Difficulty with the idea i've read here on the forums. It's a shame I can't remember the name of the guy tho. I'm really sorry about that =P

Again, thanks a lot for promoting this, as a co-worker of this idea xD I give this +1!
Dream with me !
Given the intended grind of enchanting, I'm not sure I'd include that in the one-off. This is meant really to condense three boring runs to get six Ascendancy Points into one tolerable run for Standard/high level players.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 5, 2016, 9:05:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info