It took less than a day for PvP to be filled with Templar Sparker

@icedeal

wow amazing news. im sure you are mailing about LA daily to GGG too. poor me.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 10, 2016, 5:14:10 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
According to my PM box, there is hope guys.

"
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Hey IceDeal,

We're aware of some of the abusive spark tactics people are using and are looking at a few different solutions.

We don't want to hurt PvE sparkers, so certain mechanical changes are tricky, but simply reducing the damage doesn't solve the core problem of it feeling like a sea of unavoidable damage.

It is likely that a damage reduction will end up the solution in the short term, while we review better long-term solutions. I cannot say when such a change will make it to the live realm however.

-Nick

We just need to endure it a bit longer.

That's a solid response.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
Rupenus wrote:
@icedeal

wow amazing news. im sure you are mailing about LA daily to GGG too. poor me.

I hope he is, I hope he emails them all day about the stupid shit in PvP hopefully with no bias whats so ever.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I just PMed Dan yesterday describing what was happening in the current meta and he was kind enough to forward to Nick who answered me. Harassing them won't help us at all.

I mean the situation is getting absolutely stupid with the kind of Vhlad and Kilingfloor spamming the arena all day long (sometimes at the same time).

As for LA, I made one today because I was bored and its indeed retarded. Between the insane reach of it and the frost wall pierce interaction, you can basically nuke everyone in a couple of shots without giving them any chances to reach you and fight back. After experiencing it, it's almost as bad as sparks.

I also found that using cwdt + frost bomb destroy entierly regen based characters. I managed to kill Dyness with it. While having a tool to deal with insane regen build is great, it may be a bit too strong at the the moment.

Honestly I had very little fun since the release of Ascendancy. Damages are through the roof and give experimented player too much of an advantage vs everyone else. I feel like playing instagib Unreal Tournament more than anything (expet UT requiered aiming and move skill in order to be good). The quote in my signature has never been so true.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 10, 2016, 9:49:19 PM
Yeah.

No more supporter packs from me, that's for sure.

Everything is super retarded and I don't see a point until the situation is addressed.

You guys wanna know something funny? So Rup and I been buddies for a while now, and I was talking to him today about borriwng his bow to test things out offhand and he would never respond to me at all. It's like his keyboard was broken all of a sudden!

Anyway, an actual friend was kind enough to let me borrow his bow/gems and I truly saw how unskillable and how OP LA is, and it was insane.

I don't have a single bow node on my whole tree (as proven by my tree provided within my thread), but it's still possble to 1-2 shot with RT.

Good job, GGG. Way to not know wtf you are doing
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 11, 2016, 12:52:40 AM
"
Yeah.

No more supporter packs from me, that's for sure.

Everything is super retarded and I don't see a point until the situation is addressed.

You guys wanna know something funny? So Rup and I been buddies for a while now, and I was talking to him today about borriwng his bow to test things out offhand and he would never respond to me at all. It's like his keyboard was broken all of a sudden!

Anyway, an actual friend was kind enough to let me borrow his bow/gems and I truly saw how unskillable and how OP LA is, and it was insane.

I don't have a single bow node on my whole tree (as proven by my tree provided within my thread), but it's still possble to 1-2 shot with RT.

Good job, GGG. Way to not know wtf you are doing

my wife was playing there.

and i'd be resistant to give my bow / my gems too in any way. i dont trust people, i have reasons for it in my past experiences. and they are affecting me. you can get an item from my shop for much much cheaper than listed b/o but giving my bow is something different. thats something that i do only for guildmates. cause i know them well enough.

and about LA, yes, ascendancy buffed LA very much. but the strength of bow skills is not about the gem, bow damage can be scaled very well with multiplier/more damage from gem/tree. helmets give +1 barrage projectile now. that means i can defintely one shot everyone from close range with cwdt + flame dash. blast rain is another issue. this is about investment. if you had mind fang + full mirrored ammy / ring set you'd do same to me. and probably your chances are higher than me to win vs my build. here is an example i have:

the issue is mostly, the way you approach pvp and the budget you have. pepocktitan was pain in the ass before he sold his items too. because we have same gear $ worth. he one shots me from 7k life, i one shot him. this goes on. jorge one shots me with his flameblast, if somebody gonna do that build with high budget he's gonna kill everyone in the meta probably besides sparkers.

many people tried to play LA, but they couldnt. cause with LA, its not about the skill gem mostly, its about my gear investment. ill talk about my gameplay too later today.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
All it takes with LA is a high dps bow, if you have harbinger you are good to go.

The rest dont need to be mirror worthy at all, nowadays scaling is so high that yeah any bow skill is currently overpowered atm, considering most of them uses harbinger.

Blast rain 1 shots, la 1 shots, puncture mines are 1 shots, well with the ranger perks now im pretty sure any bow skill can close to 1 shot now, if you have a good bow and crit.

Bow damage is trought the roof right now theres nothing to defend against it... things got worse for almost all builds since ascendancy.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Mar 11, 2016, 7:12:38 AM
rup it's whatever man, I don't give a shit. ;) but don't worry I won't ask you for anything ever again.

Was a bit drunk and don't remember posting, but I DO remember 1-shotting with no crit, no ele dmg nodes, and no bow nodes on tree and a glyph mark (not even the strongest bow anymore either).

Ridiculous! hahahaha
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 11, 2016, 9:35:17 AM
i will be that guy and say: some serious whining is going on in this thread

and i am surprised that you are seriously expecting that one day there will be perfect balance; there wont.

one thing never changes for sure: everyone is claming to play the weakest and most playerskill required build
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley
<sarcasm>Thank you for your valuable PVP feedback in the PVP feedback thread, Pamela, very useful stuff! </sarcasm>

I believe the saying is "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." If no one "whined" (gave feedback), nothing would get done. If your car window stops rolling down, you don't just wait for someone to come and fix it, you go and tell someone (whine), and they fix it.

The intention of my posts, no matter how inebriated I might have been [:)], was to show all you need is a two button mouse, 212dex, a harbinger bow, +1 drillneck, and 6 gems and you can 1shot. You don't need trial and error testing for 3 years, you don't need legacy gear, you don't need self crafted items, you don't have to grind all summer to get L100, you don't even need to aim well or even see your enemy! If you can afford a glyph mark (280ish), you don't even need a single proj/bow node. You could be a level 80 toon just sitting there autistically clicking away and kill 99% of people.

If all you need are 5 things with no other thought put into it, then yes no build/play skill is needed in order to succeed. Tell me I'm wrong :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info