Pohx's 2.2 Ice Trapper. HC/SC/Atziri/High Maps

"
th0t4r wrote:
When will u spec into frenzy charges?

It's probably going to be in my mid to late 80's
"
krameriffic2 wrote:
Thoughts on Blinding Assault vs. Explosives Expert?

The blind on hit does nothing for a trapper since you actually need to attack. 8% ele pen all the way
"
datenshiddd wrote:
Hi Pohx,

Nice build, i really enjoy it. One question, how you generate frenzy charges? I tried overcharged and didn't proced any frenzy charges, same goes for "The Blood Dance" boots - using them now and never got any frenzy charges despite speed clearing monsters for xp.

Thanks for answer, cheers!

Traps don't proc " On Kill Effects " This is why we don't have to worry about Reflect. On the flip side we can't leech or use any life gain on hit / attacks.

The botton right trap node on the tree ( Under ranger ) Provides a chance to generate frenzy charges on trapper trigger ( By enemy )
"
niuage wrote:

Just got suuuuper lucky and linked my lightning coil in around 70 fuses... Anyways, what would be the 6th link? Hypothermia? I liked using Trap Cooldown until now, but I'm struggling a bit with the mana cost right now, so I'm thinking that stronger (but fewer) hits would be better, so I want to rplace Trap Cooldown.

Btw it was a pain to roll these colors, took me like 200 chromes.

Elemental Focus / Added Cold / Empower / Hypothermia.

Those are pretty much your options, I'd personally stay away from added cold
"
GreyGoose wrote:
Great stuff pohx, I have been running an ice trapper myself and have a few questions:

1. What level clarity would you recommend running?
2. I'm currently late 50's with the firestorm mine setup, when should one switch to the ice trap setup? after getting chain reaction?
3. When have you completed cruel labyrinth? I just attempted it for the first time with 2.3k life and got one shot

1. Max
2. Use ice trap as single target with Firestorm as your AoE. ( Ice Trap. Cold Pen, Trap & Mine damage Controlled Destruction. you go full ice trap @ Chain Reactiob
3. I think I was around 60 or late 50's with 3k hp running enfeeble
"
Lonexs wrote:
First of all Poxh thanks for the trapping guides, only returned to poe recently and have loved playing them.

I decided to try your ICE trapper this league and its been pretty good but I just find it a bit lacking DPS wise. Not too sure if I have been spoiled by the Bladefall variant but I find I'm struggling a lot more this time round. Don't get me wrong I was one shotting most mobs but some boses have been a pain in the ass with this build.

Decided to respec back to Bladefall at 61, picked up a pair of Deerstalkers and the DPS just seems better. Also even without the additional AOE passives the coverage seems a lot better with Bladefall (I had all but 1 AOE passive on the Templar side as recommended in the ICE trapper guide)

Am I the only one that is finding ICE trap a little bit lackluster?

Ice trap really requires some scaling. It's not going to be insane till you're around 80's with a 5L
I'll totally agree with bladefall being crazy, I don't think it was hit with

The one thing you need to get though is this has the potential to freeze / chill & Ice trap has HALF The base cooldown of bladefall!

I've also already done Atziri twice this league so the damage is still there, Here is a link to show :)

"
Hey what is the Offensive and Def stat prio? spell dmg, ele dmg, or crit? i understand this :(

You're not crit. You're looking for Ele damage, Spell damage, ANY Damage to spells, Cold Damage, AoE Damage, Increased Damage & Trap damage!

They all apply the same way, We aren't double dipping any values so you can literally use whatever lol
"
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Defense: Life > Res > Evasion
Offense: Increased Damage > Trap Damage > Area Damage > Ele Damage >= Spelldamage

My guess at it.

Yes, defense based on eva. So where is the point of using Belly as an armour? It doesn't make sense for me because of penalty on anything but eva in Acrobatics. For me best choice as an armour is Coil.

We're 3 days into the league. Unfortunately not everyone is going to have the currency to generate a 5L Lightning coil along with the given resists to back it up. Belly is simply one of the best chest pieces you can get early game due to the life values. I'm still rocking 20k+ evasion with a belly W/O Grace with my flasks

hey Pohx, how can u generate frenzy charge with this build ?
Mine newb here...why Firestorm + Remote Mine, instead of using a trap version? My only trap experience is playing an old Searing Touch Fire Trapper in uhh...Anarchy?

Thanks for sharing build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info