Pohx's 2.2 Ice Trapper. HC/SC/Atziri/High Maps

When will u spec into frenzy charges?
Thoughts on Blinding Assault vs. Explosives Expert?
Hi Pohx,

Nice build, i really enjoy it. One question, how you generate frenzy charges? I tried overcharged and didn't proced any frenzy charges, same goes for "The Blood Dance" boots - using them now and never got any frenzy charges despite speed clearing monsters for xp.

Thanks for answer, cheers!
Is Divinarius best choice for the build?
Great stuff pohx, I have been running an ice trapper myself and have a few questions:

1. What level clarity would you recommend running?
2. I'm currently late 50's with the firestorm mine setup, when should one switch to the ice trap setup? after getting chain reaction?
3. When have you completed cruel labyrinth? I just attempted it for the first time with 2.3k life and got one shot

"
alexalex1515 wrote:
Two questions about elemental overload. I've taken the node but I haven't seen it proc a single time. I am missing something? And then how much crit do you need to keep a decent uptime?

There's a new skill called orb of storms, it's an AoE static lightning orb that zaps monsters around it.
You basically drop it every time you need more damage (champs, elites, bosses) and it will proc elemental overload. Link it with increased critical strikes if needed.

Just got suuuuper lucky and linked my lightning coil in around 70 fuses... Anyways, what would be the 6th link? Hypothermia? I liked using Trap Cooldown until now, but I'm struggling a bit with the mana cost right now, so I'm thinking that stronger (but fewer) hits would be better, so I want to rplace Trap Cooldown.

Btw it was a pain to roll these colors, took me like 200 chromes.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Mar 6, 2016, 8:59:39 PM
"
GreyGoose wrote:

3. When have you completed cruel labyrinth? I just attempted it for the first time with 2.3k life and got one shot

For what it's worth, I would wait to be at 3.5k at least, or have great mitigation... I tried it at 4.4k, and barely made it alive at one point... It also greatly depends on the traps you get at the end of the labyrinth. Some configurations make it probably a lot harder.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Mar 6, 2016, 9:02:08 PM
"
niuage wrote:
"
GreyGoose wrote:

For what it's worth, I would wait to be at 3.5k at least, or have great mitigation... I tried it at 4.4k, and barely made it alive at one point... It also greatly depends on the traps you get at the end of the labyrinth. Some configurations make it probably a lot harder.

Eh, I fought him earlier with ~3.1k hp and got close to oneshots (had ~300 hp left) and that was with full charges on him (because I'm a derp and clicked all 3 statues at the beginning of the phase 1 fight). I think 2.5 without charges should be doable.
First of all Poxh thanks for the trapping guides, only returned to poe recently and have loved playing them.

I decided to try your ICE trapper this league and its been pretty good but I just find it a bit lacking DPS wise. Not too sure if I have been spoiled by the Bladefall variant but I find I'm struggling a lot more this time round. Don't get me wrong I was one shotting most mobs but some boses have been a pain in the ass with this build.

Decided to respec back to Bladefall at 61, picked up a pair of Deerstalkers and the DPS just seems better. Also even without the additional AOE passives the coverage seems a lot better with Bladefall (I had all but 1 AOE passive on the Templar side as recommended in the ICE trapper guide)

Am I the only one that is finding ICE trap a little bit lackluster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info