Labyrinth sucks

my only complain about the labyrinth right now is that they should have added a merchant, so i could sell the shit i picked up

kinda halts my earning progress unlike mapping, elron (daily jeweller) has already eaten my leftover alts because im not earning enough anymore and i used most of it already on crafting the new pots
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Mar 7, 2016, 11:18:50 AM
"
"
BurningHeart wrote:
Tried them in Normal (!) 3 times. (I am lvl 68 btw...)
Failed 3 times.
1x - I died because of a lag.
2x - because i got dc'ed.
Wasted 3-4 Hours. Maybe I'll play without Ascendancy Classes.
gg GGG. Rly. Makes so much fun... Not. I am mad af now.

3-4 hours for 3 tries seems a lot. What were you having trouble with exactly?

I am not rly having problems. I just wanted to explore the whole Lab and take a look on Traps and secret Passages ect. Just take a closer look.
The Problems were the dc's. ^^
Bring down the dark regime, I know how to unleash eternal power.
Lead us to order. I am the Lightbringer!
I have tried it, and my opinion is that:

1) There is a HUGE difference between challenging and ANNOYING. Challenging is something i can do with putting thought into it. Annoying is something that kills me because a) i get desynched into a trap (not the boss fight, regular map)b) i die because i cannot see what is ahead of me.

2) As a summoner, this is enraging. Specters? Well, lucky you if you get them through the trap hell!

3) The boss is really hard, but that is not my problem. On my very first playthrough, dominus was hard for me, and i learned and killed him. No, my problem is, that learning to kill this boss is ANNOYING. Because if you die, you can't just port yourself back to him or close to him, no, you have to run through the entire friggin lab again.

4) Why these unlimited mob spawns? They don't add challenge, they are just, i am repeating myself, ANNOYING. I run into them while walking on the fire traps, having not enough time to fight them. So while i can't see the way ahead, time pressing, these little f**** stand in my way.

5) The 6 Challenges during the normal campaign are extremely easy. And not challenging at all. HERE, the traps could deal MORE damage, wouldn't be too bad. In the lab itself, it is exactly the other way round. The result: you have it either too easy or too ANNOYING.

Suggestion: put at least some kind of portal in front of the boss. So if i solved the lab to some point, i solved it, and don't have to do it over and over while i learn the boss' game mechanics.

If there is something i forgot or didn't see. let me know.
Last edited by SilencerX21 on Mar 7, 2016, 2:25:32 PM
from my experience (maybe biased because i didnt really pay any particular attention): traps in 'trials' and in labyrinth itself deal the same damage
"
sidtherat wrote:
from my experience (maybe biased because i didnt really pay any particular attention): traps in 'trials' and in labyrinth itself deal the same damage

True, most likely, only that in trials it is easier to avoid the damage, and, more importantly, there are much less consequences.
I'd recommend you to rest. If there is a controversial part of the labyrinth for sure is the forced hardcore, being so unforgiving. You shouldn't play tired anyway. Wait to the weekends, you need to focus to avoid silly deaths.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
I thought about making similar thread, when saw this one.

I’ve read several opinions here and must admit that labyrinth’s traps are dealing too much damage. However, I understand developers standing that ‘great treasures are paid for the great price’. Nevertheless, dear developers, have you thought, HOW support build without any DPS is able to accomplish all labyrinth trials on his own?
I agree that almost any build could accomplish traps (those without any crawling mobs - of course - and after maaaaaaaaaaaany trials with much luck) with appropriate approach and preparing, but not whole labyrinth!

For e.g. I’m currently running support build that is casting 6 different curses, have 3 auras, is sharing charges with party members, is shocking enemies AND that’s all. It’s not dealing any damage on normal difficulty, not to mention ‘end game’. Yeah, I could make DPS build and don’t complain; however, dear developers it’s you who make the opportunity for support builds and it’s you who bring the labyrinth content to the game, that makes impossible to accomplish with exact builds.

Finally, I have accomplished the labyrinth trial on normal. How? Well; basically, I equipped only defensive gear, three Quicksilver Flasks, two movement skills, destroying my build mechanics and asked friend with 76 lvl DPS build for help. We, have spent about one hour on labyrinth (because I died from traps) to accomplish where he was killing everything and I was just running after him like some kind of golem, and constantly dying on traps, not to mention I haven’t seen any boss at all – how could I face any without my build mechanics - even playing in party?

Dear developers, could I ask you to rethought the labyrinth content?

+1 and another problem: enhancement random system where 400 enhancements and all random, you can get only 1 per full run and its 100% random, plus GGG will add more and more gems so there 400 enhancement would be 500, 600, 1000 and random would be insane (it is insane right now, but would be much worse).

Enhancement should not be random at all, gave us way to see and choose which enhancement we needed and use.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
The cancer lab... can't believe someone made such a horrible decision coming up with it and someone else actually allowing it.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
If there is a controversial part of the labyrinth for sure is the forced hardcore, being so unforgiving.

I'm pretty sure that the most controversial part of the labyrinth is the introduction of traps (and not just the odd exploding barrel, arrow trap, or secret room), which goes completely against the ARPG-type gameplay that PoE has always been expected by most players to have. Many hardcore players hate the labyrinth as well.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Well, the question is, do traps really go against ARPG? I am just not so sure about that. I personally think they fit pretty well, but it probably comes down to taste.

If all ARPGs were just like Diablo1, well, that would suck pretty hard, wouldn't it? Luckily they evolve.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info