Labyrinth sucks

Generalizing will not make your argument stronger

Cheers!
"
All the "BabyRage" in here seriously amuses me...

Last time I checked forum posts like these I heared alot: "Maps are too easy, this is too, everything is too easy... aaaaand soooo oooon...

Now you guys finally get something challenging and now its too hard?!?
Use your brain and learn the very simple mechanics like "timing when to interrupt Izaros charges...".
It really isnt hard.

Also if you let Izaro buff himself up to godly levels you derserve to get rekt.

Cheers, Zahkriisos.

You know there are more than 4 people playing the game right?
"
I thought about making similar thread, when saw this one.

I’ve read several opinions here and must admit that labyrinth’s traps are dealing too much damage. However, I understand developers standing that ‘great treasures are paid for the great price’. Nevertheless, dear developers, have you thought, HOW support build without any DPS is able to accomplish all labyrinth trials on his own?
I agree that almost any build could accomplish traps (those without any crawling mobs - of course - and after maaaaaaaaaaaany trials with much luck) with appropriate approach and preparing, but not whole labyrinth!

For e.g. I’m currently running support build that is casting 6 different curses, have 3 auras, is sharing charges with party members, is shocking enemies AND that’s all. It’s not dealing any damage on normal difficulty, not to mention ‘end game’. Yeah, I could make DPS build and don’t complain; however, dear developers it’s you who make the opportunity for support builds and it’s you who bring the labyrinth content to the game, that makes impossible to accomplish with exact builds.

Finally, I have accomplished the labyrinth trial on normal. How? Well; basically, I equipped only defensive gear, three Quicksilver Flasks, two movement skills, destroying my build mechanics and asked friend with 76 lvl DPS build for help. We, have spent about one hour on labyrinth (because I died from traps) to accomplish where he was killing everything and I was just running after him like some kind of golem, and constantly dying on traps, not to mention I haven’t seen any boss at all – how could I face any without my build mechanics - even playing in party?

Dear developers, could I ask you to rethought the labyrinth content?

this is somewhat valid concern. i though (but never tried that) that lab can be done as a party.. but it cannot be? thats interesting and unfortunate. maybe some hint about just how 'support' characters should be support - that is 'support as much as you want as long as you can take care for yourself'

good point tho. definitely deserving a development manifesto

as for the other whines. swallow it or leave. lab is first true skill based content in this game. im not disputing prople not liking it. taste is personal. however.. when i read this dribble about how hard it is and how traps one-shot and other bs of similar kind i know i read right-click warrior used to doing one menial task and getting carried by gear
by accident most of them are archers.

again. you might not like the lab. ok. but guys please get better at this game as this is very easy content designed to be speed farmed. as for the 'omg puzzles in arpg blasphemy QQ': todays standard layout requires 4 levers to be pulled and not stepping on spiky things. if this is a puzzle that irks you..
silver platter delivered contwnt you want. but it has to be called hardcore so one can pump his ego with right-clicking skills? hypocrisy
"

For e.g. I’m currently running support build that is casting 6 different curses,
I have accomplished the labyrinth trial on normal. How? ... asked friend with 76 lvl DPS build for help.

so why don't you do the other difficulties the same way? party up!

can't do it because traps hurt? then you should rethink your support char build, it needs at least some way of damage mitigation.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Well my stats are a little worse than your's but I managed to do the labyrinth on the second try. Took only 2 hours :D Anyways it is beyond my imagination what shit will be happening on merciless...

My personal concerns about the labyrinth though are :

1.Fight with Izaro = HUGE LAGS AND FPS DROP, huge stutters sometimes you feel like everything stops and then after 0.5-1sec u see yourself in the corner of the map. The fps is all over the place it just jumps like a psycho from 60+ to 15 or so. I hope GGG Improves the performance.

2.Izaro is waaaaay too fat. I understand that he is a ''boss'' of another kind. But taking into consideration u fight him 3 times and every consecutive time is harder and u absolutely can't die I'd like him to have less hp cause this is insane o_0

3.Why there is no NPC to vendor loots when you enter the labyrinth? Lets say by your stash. Sucks to pile up loots from the labs in your stash then manage your stash for half an hour after. Or this is another design where devs don't want you to pick much?

As for the labyrinth itself, although I didn't complete one in Merciless yet but they are manageable in normal and cruel, I think :) . Just pray to god u don't get dc'ed or one shot :D
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Mar 7, 2016, 8:21:01 AM
"
Koksii wrote:
Got oneshot from izaro in cruel with 2.5k life, 50 allres and 1.5k armor

you probably let him have buffs
Tried them in Normal (!) 3 times. (I am lvl 68 btw...)
Failed 3 times.
1x - I died because of a lag.
2x - because i got dc'ed.
Wasted 3-4 Hours. Maybe I'll play without Ascendancy Classes.
gg GGG. Rly. Makes so much fun... Not. I am mad af now.
Bring down the dark regime, I know how to unleash eternal power.
Lead us to order. I am the Lightbringer!
Last edited by BurningHeart on Mar 7, 2016, 8:23:46 AM
"
DrDeathXII wrote:
DODGING TRAPS IN A POINT AND CLICK GAME WAS A HORRIBLE IDEA. THIS IS NOT FUN. THIS ISNT TOMB RAIDER THIS IS A GRINDING GAME.

I'd have to agree. PoE is not suited for this kind of gameplay :/ I tried to play it "by the books" and dodge traps during one run, but my hp bar kept taking hits while I was clearly safe on my screen. Now I just go by the "just run through the traps and take that minimal damage" - mentality instead of unreliably dodging anything.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Hahahaha, called this from a mile away.

I actually like the labyrinth. It's challenging content with interesting rewards. It can be run quickly if you pay attention to the map.

That said, there are some problems with it:

1) Izaro doesn't seem to go away at the right times. I was under the impression that he stopped fighting at 75% health, 50% health, and 0% health. This doesn't seem to be the case, as he usually leaves the area at slightly under those values. In the charge-based fights, this makes it difficult to manage his charges. I could be wrong about those values, in which case this point is moot.

2) Some mechanics aren't explained well. As another poster said, it's not immediately clear what to do with Izaro's statues or the charge dispellers. Smarter players will eventually figure it out, but new players will constantly be getting slammed by a fully-charged Izaro in the final fight. That sucks.

3) There's not enough of an incentive to complete puzzles and side-areas. Most of the puzzles seem to lead to one or two monsters with a regular chest. It's far more profitable to just tear through the labyrinth to kill Izaro and get your enchant. There's a lot of potential in the Labyrinth- it just needs to be rewarding.

Overall, I think the Labyrinth is a good implementation of a good idea- it just needs a little polish to be perfect.
"
BurningHeart wrote:
Tried them in Normal (!) 3 times. (I am lvl 68 btw...)
Failed 3 times.
1x - I died because of a lag.
2x - because i got dc'ed.
Wasted 3-4 Hours. Maybe I'll play without Ascendancy Classes.
gg GGG. Rly. Makes so much fun... Not. I am mad af now.

3-4 hours for 3 tries seems a lot. What were you having trouble with exactly?
path of exile expert

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info