Can't login

I'm afraid i have to line up here...

>conecting to login server...
>Unable to connect to login server.

No news feed, as well as no pings in the gateway list.

Also Austria here^^

Restarting comp/router didnt help...
Same Problem here.

i did allthe above possible solutions, restarted, redownloaded, closed browser etc. none of them worked for me. it seems like if the game cant reach the servers.

>conecting to login server...
>Unable to connect to login server.

i had the same problem in awakening patch, but it always worked after restaring the game, or even just spamming "connect" button multiple times.

this 2 tricks dont work now on ascendancy anymore...

yup, it was annoying last season, but whatever changes they did to their netcode really made this issue even worse.

not sure if they are not tracking their tcp/udp sessions correctly so end up sliding around to already existing sessions, or if its just failing to properly terminate and dispose of old sessions so tries to re-use an expired session or what, but there is a huge problem in this area.

they really need to investigate what is causing this issue. i wonder if the developers are on computers that have IE or if they use IE, but i dont think it is limited to IE.

i get this problem with both IE 11 and in my Opera browser.

i managed to play a few hours in this season, but mid-session i lost connection to server and have not been able to re-connect to play more. gotta say, with this issue i dont see any point in investing money if we cant even play reliably.
"
TheWesDude wrote:
not sure if they are not tracking their tcp/udp sessions correctly so end up sliding around to already existing sessions, or if its just failing to properly terminate and dispose of old sessions so tries to re-use an expired session...

i've checked with TCPview - the PathOfExile.exe doesnt open
any connections, except the one to the patch server.

i dont have IP's of the login servers, so i cant check if
theyre accessible at all from my location.
Another day goes by, same existing problem.
"
Another day goes by, same existing problem.

If it really is a network problem and/or a problem with their engine it might take a while till this is solved... if they solve it.

Would be nice to hear something fromt he devs though.
"
nameles wrote:

If it really is a network problem and/or a problem with their engine it might take a while till this is solved... if they solve it.

Would be nice to hear something fromt he devs though.

I would imagine that it's a very rare problem for some people with certain hardware/software. Something that would be hard to replicate let alone pin point then fix it. Hopefully they identify the issue and solve it.

Windows 7 64bit
No firewall, No antivirus
Not behind any routers
if the client isnt even trying to open the connection on 80/443, i wonder if the client is sending the request to the game servers and the game servers are not properly closing/disposing of old sessions so still see the "last" session so are trying to re-use that connection.

that would explain why sometimes rebooting the router/modem works, if the game server sends a keep-alive request while your modem/router is shut off, it would of course time out.

so the client talks to the patch servers, then tries to do the hand-off to the game servers and the game servers try to re-use the "old" connection which of course fails because your router drops the requests as it sees that connection as closed while the game server doesnt.

as to how that would explain the browser thing, i would think that it still feels like the game is trying to re-use or re-purpose the existing connection on 80/443 which is why sometimes closing the browser fixes it.

if your client is trying to re-use the 80/443 session, closing your browser will fix it.

otherwise the server is trying to re-use its last session with you.
I am also seeing this problem. Awakening worked Ascendancy is broken. Also of note, the gateway servers show no pings. I have also confirmed that my laptop running windows 10 x64 is able to successfully login and shows pings. I would prefer not to upgrade my desktop OS.

see also this other thread that is the same problem for some WinMTR stats
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1599132
Last edited by adoxon on Mar 5, 2016, 8:00:56 PM
still no fix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info