[2.3 Video Guide] Crit Ball Lightning Inquisitor [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

"
wcbigworm wrote:
Hi LifingNerdBro! Great build/guide as always. Two quick questions:

1. How does this build pair against something similiar like your crit arc freeze build in terms of clear speed and surviablity?

2. Secondly, I am considering using a pledge of hands and adding increased crit chance instead of spell echo due to the increased crit chance buff and lack of crit from pledge of hands. Thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot!

Glad you like it! :)

1. I think they are about the same. Arc has better aoe clear in open maps and ball lightning is better in closed and confined spaces and the single target is a little better.

2. If you can manage to get enough ES doing this I think it can be a good approach :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Note: If any of you have trouble sustaining the cost of Ball Lightning via your energy shield, I'd recommend temporarily speccing into Zealot's Oath (skill-tree close to the templar) and using the Stone Golem. Using these two together, greatly increases ES regen. This shouldn't be necessary for end-game though!
Added to the leveling section!
Hey,

I love the build, feels great. I have a question though, would Divinarius work as the dagger?
Thx for build!
Sorry for noobie question, but why do you link Wrath and Arctic Armor with Cast When Damage Taken? Do auras recieve any benefits from this support?
You put HC viable in your builds but do you really play this on HC? I have tried the eb mom thing about 3 times since they changed eb and its always the same. Not enough defense. Like on your current gear... Where is your armor? Im not saying it cant be done, but you would need all godly AR/ES gear to have enough defense for this to be a legit HC build. Anyone can get to lvl 80, and a lot of the times its not even as much fun after 80, but MOM as your best form of defense is not going to save you from anything. I bet that even certain T6 maps are a problem for this setup unless you have the type of GG ar/es gear. One big phys hit and your running for dear life with MOM/EB

Point is, it seems good to try out but when you get to high levels you either give up on trying to get XP because you just cant do higher maps, or else you push it an die. I always end up at the conclusion that CI or a regular mana pool base is better than mom/eb by far because you can spend nodes and gear on defense instead of spending it on spamming es for mana

MOM/EB/GR only sounds good on paper. Its not good
Last edited by JusSolus on Mar 10, 2016, 9:41:42 PM
"
JusSolus wrote:
You put HC viable in your builds but do you really play this on HC? I have tried the eb mom thing about 3 times since they changed eb and its always the same. Not enough defense. Like on your current gear... Where is your armor? Im not saying it cant be done, but you would need all godly AR/ES gear to have enough defense for this to be a legit HC build. Anyone can get to lvl 80, and a lot of the times its not even as much fun after 80, but MOM as your best form of defense is not going to save you from anything. I bet that even certain T6 maps are a problem for this setup unless you have the type of GG ar/es gear. One big phys hit and your running for dear life with MOM/EB

Point is, it seems good to try out but when you get to high levels you either give up on trying to get XP because you just cant do higher maps, or else you push it an die. I always end up at the conclusion that CI or a regular mana pool base is better than mom/eb by far because you can spend nodes and gear on defense instead of spending it on spamming es for mana

MOM/EB/GR only sounds good on paper. Its not good

I only play in HC yes. This is where I test and play all of my builds.

The defences are great with this build, and while I understand your concern, none of your claims are true. I'd suggest you try it out, instead of simply jumping to conclusions :)

This build has been tested in up tier 13 maps and it clears and survives without issues.
ok well i respect your opinions and your guides are good so ill probably try it out for myself. I still see you in the video taking big amounts of damage though, and i dont think what i said was wrong. maybe i tried mom in a different setup or enough patches back where this is much more viable idk, i will see for myself
"
JusSolus wrote:
ok well i respect your opinions and your guides are good so ill probably try it out for myself. I still see you in the video taking big amounts of damage though, and i dont think what i said was wrong. maybe i tried mom in a different setup or enough patches back where this is much more viable idk, i will see for myself

Let me know what you think if you try it out mate =)
Hey LiftingNerdBro!

Build is going very well with pledge of hands and increased crit chance gem.

What are your thoughts on ice golem vs flame golem? Especially now that crit ignores all resistances?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info