[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

Been using your build and have gotten pretty far with it, but I am in need of a new bow. Which would be the best to buy? any good uniques or just find a rare with some great rolls on it?
Hey thx for the answer.. but im pretty sure i got PPAD before Faster attack but the order it doesnt matter right? well the thing is i just made another change because blast rain it was not good than before dont know why... im using barrage and im all set now.... i got pretty high aoe dmg with my LA and now awsome damage with my single target... but its ur same build lifting one of the best builds i ever play! anything that u can add or suggest about im all ears! :)
Gear right now.
Spoiler

My tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQqbDY0S8Ra_GY4hdiP2JP0mlS1NL3IwcTB8MfoylDY9OdQ6Qj7PQzFLeEz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1WFWhpbr11oYeJirGuQbIxtbHBSdO11_Xb3eOt673sUfXV_An8rhG-GzonTjDaNfY1-jb-UuJUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-hpKXLpuCn1LVIu-O95sEzwUnDM8SiyNzKqc2Y037UI9RC2cbawd2o4dvnCudU53To1u2D73r5Y_zF_h3-uv7I_94=

Im on merc act 4 having a real bad time with the 3 mini bosses in the harvest. Maligaro like 2-3 shots me with his purple orbs. I'm not sure what im doing wrong. its been smooth sailing up until now (or honestly when i go up against bosses, it seems like my setup is bad for single target) I stack up my frenzy charges and try to unload blast rain as much as i can but it takes forever for some reason and now agaisnt Maligro im dying. I killed him eventually but i want to know if there is something inherently wrong with my setup or is it just me being a noob or both. I'm capped on res and have 3.3k hp.
Just some feedback about the build. But first Lifting, let me tell you that you're an awesome dude. I sometimes watch your stream/videos and you're always teaching peacfully, have time/patience to talk to your community, appreciate it Bro! ;)

I started by following the guide word by word, then I made my own path through different choices ^^ I am currently 58, act 4 cruel, and still running Death's Harp (awesome bow for leveling).

First I ran chain. This is really effective with very packed mobs, but it lowers your DPS when it comes to more spreaded packs, and especially with GMP, because the arrows fly everywhere and the DPS is even more cut.
So, I broke the rules, and tested Pierce support with Drillneck instead of Chain. Maaaaan the DPS, really big boost. I put LMP to get more precise shots, and since packs are not that huge, I mostly one shot them, and the ones behind it, and the next one, and.... Ok you got it.

Then, I took deadeye over raider beacause man, i feel more like a sniper than a berserk.

I dont took pierce nodes, so I can switch to chain on late-game if I want. Maybe i'll take Ricochet and go full damage on the support gems (and leave chain support), and obviously give up pierce, as pierce and chain are completly opposite. I will try things, beacause I like to level slowly and test new things, as I'm still on the learning stage :)

Really great guide by itself, but as I said, I tried my own path to compare! ^^

Cheers
Last edited by frenchpunk on Jun 20, 2016, 3:41:00 AM
"
frenchpunk wrote:
Just some feedback about the build. But first Lifting, let me tell you that you're an awesome dude. I sometimes watch your stream/videos and you're always teaching peacfully, have time/patience to talk to your community, appreciate it Bro! ;)

I started by following the guide word by word, then I made my own path through different choices ^^ I am currently 58, act 4 cruel, and still running Death's Harp (awesome bow for leveling).

First I ran chain. This is really effective with very packed mobs, but it lowers your DPS when it comes to more spreaded packs, and especially with GMP, because the arrows fly everywhere and the DPS is even more cut.
So, I broke the rules, and tested Pierce support with Drillneck instead of Chain. Maaaaan the DPS, really big boost. I put LMP to get more precise shots, and since packs are not that huge, I mostly one shot them, and the ones behind it, and the next one, and.... Ok you got it.

Then, I took deadeye over raider beacause man, i feel more like a sniper than a berserk.

I dont took pierce nodes, so I can switch to chain on late-game if I want. Maybe i'll take Ricochet and go full damage on the support gems (and leave chain support), and obviously give up pierce, as pierce and chain are completly opposite. I will try things, beacause I like to level slowly and test new things, as I'm still on the learning stage :)

Really great guide by itself, but as I said, I tried my own path to compare! ^^

Cheers

Yeah can confirm that running chain during cruel feels like you drop alot of dps but definitely go back to it late game because it enables you to offscreen kill everything. I did the same thing i ran it without chain with pierce quivers and support gem, made me go through cruel much easier especially because that makes it a great single tartget damage spell aswell so good for bosses (until you get your blast rain setup).
"
Mason2162 wrote:
Does Voltaxic Rift works with this build?

I have the same question. Any opinion guys?
Is reach of the council or doomfletch prism viable options for this build?
Last edited by Kaonashi_ on Jun 23, 2016, 5:27:14 PM
What unique bow would be better, Voltaxic Rift or Reach of the Council? Are there any other good unique bows you could use?
Nice build..im low level but its workin well. One query though, wouldnt master of the arena be an advisable node choice? I see it only half effects us but a node offering 20 strength and 1% regen>30 strength node, almost always right?(unless you really need the 10 extra strength to reach gear needs)

Oh and im unsure of high level/endgame evasion numbers but would arrow dancing coupled with avatar of the chase be worth as well?

Thanks bro!
Last edited by FrooostyTheBlowman on Jun 28, 2016, 3:46:28 PM
May be a stupid question, but I wonder if a build similar to this that would be just as effective, could be played using shadow instead of ranger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info