[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

I know I'm bad, but with this I just can't get past Normal, I got squashed by Act 4. Twice. I think I'd prefer to go with the tankier Duelist build.
Usually the getting rekt part is a mix of not enough hp on gear, low resistances and knowledge of the game itself. With this build the aim is to kill most of the stuff before they get to hit you, you can't just stand around and facetank manmode everything like with other tankier characters. Bossfights are nothing more than running around, avoiding instagibs and spamming your single target attack.

"
Inframe7 wrote:
Hi. Your build seems fun and strong, but for some reason I have bad time with leveling, and boss fights takes 5-10 deaths... :[
What am I doing wrong?
Should i take some screenshots with gear?
PS. Finished normal and now playing cruel.

EDIT: My gear.

My skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBbUILgiJDY0ZjhqNI_YwfDIBQzFHfkz_TZJOKlFHWyZbr11oZU11y311f_uNfY1-jb-VBZrxmyabjaOKp9SyGbe2u-O9Nr6nwUnEosjcyqnNmM96037UI-jW6mLtg-4O73r8xf4d_rr-yA==
I placed one jewel into it, which gives +20 dex and +6% to all res.

Your gear lacks resistances and life + the carnage heart and emberwake aren't really optimal, because no extra crit dmg and -25% life.
Last edited by seinakooder on Mar 19, 2016, 4:18:00 PM
"
Okuu wrote:
I know I'm bad, but with this I just can't get past Normal, I got squashed by Act 4. Twice. I think I'd prefer to go with the tankier Duelist build.

If you are having problems with surviving it is most likely due to your gear. The build itself has enough layers of defence to deal with that content :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Spoiler

I really have a good time leveling with this Build! thx so much Lifting as far i read guides you are one of the best! you are a really good teacher lolz but i have a personal question... in Perandus league theres no good crafted harbringer bows for now like standard , do u think it is better to use Voltaxic in your build @ least, or doesnt work? im gonna try to get a 6link bow now and i dont think it worth the try. plz i will wait for any tip or answer! keep doing this man u make all our life easy ^_^
Last edited by Dwedar on Mar 20, 2016, 6:11:36 AM
Accepting any tips or guideness with my equips :D thx
Last edited by Dwedar on Mar 20, 2016, 6:22:56 AM
"
Dwedar wrote:
Accepting any tips or guideness with my equips :D thx

Well the only real last upgrade is the bow idd, rest of your gear is really solid. I bought the only decent dps harbinger I could find haha, for a voltaxic you should change up some stuff but Lifting himself could probably say what exactly.
"
Dwedar wrote:
Spoiler

I really have a good time leveling with this Build! thx so much Lifting as far i read guides you are one of the best! you are a really good teacher lolz but i have a personal question... in Perandus league theres no good crafted harbringer bows for now like standard , do u think it is better to use Voltaxic in your build @ least, or doesnt work? im gonna try to get a 6link bow now and i dont think it worth the try. plz i will wait for any tip or answer! keep doing this man u make all our life easy ^_^

Happy to hear you like it mate! :)

A Voltaxic can definitely work as a solution until you get a good harbinger bow. Just keep in mind that it mainly deals elemental damage so it has to be scaled that way whereas a harbinger bow works great with phys damage.
What do you think about using victario`s aquity, turqoise amulet?
im loving that amulet but u didnt mention it at all.
im lvl 80 and using it maybe its time to change?
"
Dwedar wrote:
ok thx! Can you please make a passive skill tree to use voltaxic because im a noob lol never made a ranger before just marauder all the time :D but if not i just gonna wait til someone sells a good crafted harbringer bow or try crafting my own :( Thx again and have a nice day bro !
Last edited by Dwedar on Mar 21, 2016, 12:04:15 AM
"
Krigro wrote:
What do you think about using victario`s aquity, turqoise amulet?
im loving that amulet but u didnt mention it at all.
im lvl 80 and using it maybe its time to change?

That is because it isn't necessary for the build to work. If you like it go ahead and use it, but if you are playing in HC you are better of using something that grants you additional defence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info