[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
commonjunks wrote:
"
ViDmEx wrote:
I still dont undesrtand how you use immortal call if you dont have endurance charges. Could someone please explain to me?

At the moment I'm level 68 and I'm have a lot of troubles being alive lol.

Immortal call is attached with "Cast When Damage Taken", so it will trigger when some mob will hit you.

Yes, I get that. The question is where the endurance charges come from?
One needs endurance charges to be able to use immortal call, even with CwDT. Maybe I'm missing something I dont know?
"
ViDmEx wrote:
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
ViDmEx wrote:
I still dont undesrtand how you use immortal call if you dont have endurance charges. Could someone please explain to me?

At the moment I'm level 68 and I'm have a lot of troubles being alive lol.

Immortal call is attached with "Cast When Damage Taken", so it will trigger when some mob will hit you.

Yes, I get that. The question is where the endurance charges come from?
One needs endurance charges to be able to use immortal call, even with CwDT. Maybe I'm missing something I dont know?

Endurance charge will help immortal call to sustain longer, whereas in your setup you are just avoiding damage at that time. so you no need endurance charges. In past it work like CWDT + Endurance Charge + Immortal call, but from sometime they have removed Endurance charge from setup as this was some sort of abuse to entire Immortal call and Endurance charge mechanics.
Just killed Merciless lab, at first i though it is going to be difficult but it was breeze.
Although got shiti roll on helm

Spoiler

Also got my carcass from fat man (Cadiro) cheap 2100 coins. Wasted around 150 jewel but no 6S so using at 4L for now.

Gear

Spoiler
Last edited by commonjunks on Mar 9, 2016, 3:05:51 PM
"
commonjunks wrote:

Endurance charge will help immortal call to sustain longer, whereas in your setup you are just avoiding damage at that time. so you no need endurance charges. In past it work like CWDT + Endurance Charge + Immortal call, but from sometime they have removed Endurance charge from setup as this was some sort of abuse to entire Immortal call and Endurance charge mechanics.

Had no idea of that. Thank you!

About Labs. I haven`t finished even the cruel one. Not becaue it is hard, but my pc freezes at last Izaros and I just die. It happenned twice :(
Trying this build in perandus.
Level 74 and crap gear.
The main problems with this build is that perandus mobs will absolutely wreck your totems in a blink of an eye. Sometimes they are a breeze though.
MOM doesn't work for me since i only have 1k es and it disappears quickly. Sucks when you need to cast totems and are surrounded by those lightning bitches constantly hitting you.
Dps is nice in this build,13k with crap self found gear.
Maybe i'm not a totem guy after all.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Trying this build in perandus.
Level 74 and crap gear.
The main problems with this build is that perandus mobs will absolutely wreck your totems in a blink of an eye. Sometimes they are a breeze though.
MOM doesn't work for me since i only have 1k es and it disappears quickly. Sucks when you need to cast totems and are surrounded by those lightning bitches constantly hitting you.
Dps is nice in this build,13k with crap self found gear.
Maybe i'm not a totem guy after all.

Try using Zealots Oath + Stone golem. This will make it much easier for you to sustain the ES cost of the skill early on :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:
As stated earlier in this thread by someone else, ....

How much is your total ES?

1,023 ES currently. Will try and get higher but the 5L chest I have pretty much is all I can afford. Will have to find ES elsewhere I guess.
It's the little things that hit you constantly by some annoying map mobs that won't let es regenerate and make you draw back. ZO won't help with that.
Build definetely needs some nice evasion to begin working smooth.
As i said my gear is crap.
Overall nice solid build if one has decent gear. Quite enjoyable.
Will roll a new toon to farm some currency and give it another try in a week or two.
85 atm, crushing everything, a bit fragile against some things (some beyond megabosses can be pretty annoying). Nearly everything is a breeze. I've yet to die in a map, even though I died 3 times on fucking Maligaro merciless (and once on Malachai). Only getting to T10 maps tho.
Instruments of Virtue vs Augury of Penitence? Why do you recommend Instruments? I've seen other builds that swear by Augury given that it acts as a More multiplier.

If I cast a totem, do any placed totems get the spell damage and cast speed boost that are already placed, or do I need to place them again for the bonus?

edit: while checking the tooltip, the "on cast" bonus from Instruments DOES NOT trigger from casting the totems, or from the totems casting. You have to cast something else, for example a curse, to get the bonus. May not always need a curse on a pack, so does this still get your recommendation over Augury?
Last edited by Kuram on Mar 10, 2016, 12:01:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info