[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
Sonyswarm wrote:
Thanks for the build, just hit 90 and have done up to t14 corrupted maps. The build seems defensive with the cold damage chilling and freezing mobs before they can hit you or the totem once your crit is high enough.

I'm using Shavronne's Revelation ring to regen ES instead of using Zealot's Oath. With the double Vaal discipline I only run out of mana when doing red maps with Vulnerability/Minus Max mods.

I think I will continue pushing for lvl 93-95 maybe even try and do the Shaper.

http://imgur.com/a/WqIJU 41k dps in hide out with auras out, around 85k dps with power charges and flasks.

4.9k hp and 2.9k ES

Let me know how that goes please! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
How Instruments of Virtue work on totem?
Hey Lifting!

First of all, great guide as always, very well written and easy to follow. I'm just getting into PoE again since Talisman and I was thinking of using this build for Hardcore play. Do you think it would be viable to do a Hierophant version? If so, what adjustments would you make?
Your life will not regen, how do you manage DoT bosses which can deal huge burning, bleeding, chaos, chilling, shock with huge initial hit?

Because the DoT part will not be taken by the ES once you choose eldritch battery and zealot's oath

You cannot keep up flask for so much long.

I assume the build will not work with many bosses, but map clearance will be good.

Also the topic says Cheap Beginners, but your setup is not cheap, anything higher than 50c may not be cheap for beginners
Hello, I'm really liking the build.

I just have a doubt, since Assains mark won't be casted by CWDT, should we manually cast it on our enemies?
Hi, returning 2014 player here. I have a couple of questions, sorry if they're silly.
1. How good would my legacy cloaks of defiance be with this build?
2. How does this build compare to a marauder blood magic flame totem in terms of performance?
till what level max should we use the tabula rasa ????
Gear:
Spoiler

(ignore the gems in the shield, just leveling those atm)

3592 hp - 1459es - 20k dps in hideout
Skill tree is identical to the guide's skill tree, only exception is I'm missing the last two ascendancy points from uber lab.

This is my first character in forever and I'm at kind of a loss on how to move forward. I've only done up to t6 (following the post for "Safe" progression). I can't seem to find gear with high enough life or ES (while sustaining the other necessary stats) to push me over the 4k+/5k+(life)/2k+/2.8k+(es) benchmarks.

Also, with my current stats I don't feel tanky at all.
Am I on the right track or are there any huge issues with my current setup?
Last edited by tsustyle on Nov 20, 2016, 10:24:13 AM
"
tsustyle wrote:
Gear:
Spoiler

(ignore the gems in the shield, just leveling those atm)

3592 hp - 1459es - 20k dps in hideout
Skill tree is identical to the guide's skill tree, only exception is I'm missing the last two ascendancy points from uber lab.

This is my first character in forever and I'm at kind of a loss on how to move forward. I've only done up to t6 (following the post for "Safe" progression). I can't seem to find gear with high enough life or ES (while sustaining the other necessary stats) to push me over the 4k+/5k+(life)/2k+/2.8k+(es) benchmarks.

Also, with my current stats I don't feel tanky at all.
Am I on the right track or are there any huge issues with my current setup?

There are enough showcase for items in this thread, just compare yours. Its a bit trashy i must say :) Some pieces makes no sense at all at this build. Check recommended gear section. This not going to make you tanky anyway, its a caster build, but you won't die so much as now. Personally i would start searching shield with more ES + spellcrit, helm with ES only+life+resistances, rare boots with movement speed+life+resistances, belt in poe.trade for at least 90+ life (in total, which means str bonus works too, which u probably need for SWT gem)+high double resistanes or low triple resistances, amulet with life+crit multi or crit chance,+resistances or other dmg mods if affordable.
will build work for 2.5 sorry if covered somewhere

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info