[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
sikker wrote:
Of course! I should have seen that :)
Thanks.

In addition to Whirling Blades, cursing AssMark will also proc a buff from Instruments of Virtue (20% incr spell damage if you've cast a spell recently)... it all adds up. ;)

And reaching 1.5k ES should be no problem, I have 2.2k ES with rather mediocre gear. Make good use of Vaal Discipline and you should be fine.
why is my totem dmg only 6.5k with full buffs help :c im level 66
Well, at level 66 you still have a long way to go. Plenty skill nodes missing and your gems are not maxed. Are you using a 6-link chest?

My Templar is now lvl 94 and tooltip DPS is at 101k, with all buffs active (incl. Atziri's Promise, 82k w/o AP).

My gems are all 20/20 and I'm running AA, HoA and Hatred.

I followed Lifting's tree with a few small modifications: I only have one socket, I picked Throatseeker and the four crit multi nodes on the way to Doom Cast and Shaman's Dominion (instead of the two crit chance nodes), hard to beat 120% crit multi even with two b@d@$$ jewels.

My Totems have 3.62 casts per second, 60% critical strike chance (plus the bonus from Assassin's Mark) and 538% critical strike multiplier.

In Lifting's original gem setup I swapped Added Fire Damage for Increased Critical Strikes.

That's all there is to it.
Last edited by tomay on May 16, 2016, 12:19:18 PM
at 71 now and still 8.9k can im using a 5l carcass jack
any tips on what rings should i get
Ideally two Diamond Rings with cast speed, Life, ES and Resistance(s)... and whatever attributes you may need, dexterity in my case (I have just about enough for max AA and Hatred but not enough for max Whirling Blades and Faster Attacks, which doesn't bother me much).

I'm using these:

Upgrade to a 6-Link chest asap, Increased Critical Strikes and Facebreaker will give you a massive DPS boost. (When I remove the ICS gem and use Maligaro's instead of Facebreaker, my max DPS drops from 101k to 71k)

Other means to boost your DPS may come from your belt, shield and helmet, here are mine:

(I bought the helm base with the enchantment for 3c, spammed a few Alt until I got life and cold res, Int came from the Regal. Then I crafted Fire res which filled the final suffix slot. The other two mods are the result of two Exalteds, the first was quite nice, the second could have been worse) ;)
Last edited by tomay on May 16, 2016, 2:46:17 PM
what gems are connected to your shockwave totem
so i would replace my gloves to facebreaker yea?
"
what gems are connected to your shockwave totem

As I said, i swapped Added Fire Damage for Increased Critical Strikes, other than that, I went with Lifting's gem setup:

"
so i would replace my gloves to facebreaker yea?

Depends on your crit chance, I'd say, if you have 45% or more (which is easily achieved with the Increased Critical Strikes gem in your setup) then Facebreaker is the better choice, if you don't have a 6-link setup then you're probably better off with Maligaro's Virtuosity since you will have to mitigate the 100% reduced crit chance from Controlled Destruction.
how high is your crit chance? so hard to make a RBBBBB carcass jack

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info