[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
Microchaton wrote:
"
Mahjiza wrote:
"
Microchaton wrote:
85 atm, crushing everything, a bit fragile against some things (some beyond megabosses can be pretty annoying). Nearly everything is a breeze. I've yet to die in a map, even though I died 3 times on fucking Maligaro merciless (and once on Malachai). Only getting to T10 maps tho.

Mind linking your gear matey? :)

Spoiler

In the process of getting a good ventor's gamble to replace the Heup...Then getting a 2nd Divinarius and 6Linking the Carcass Jack.

Are you using both Herald & Hatred?
If i do that i will be out of mana 24/7 wich kinda sucks.

Current Stats:

Health: 3109
Mana: 1160
Energy Shield: 290

Herald + Clarity Damage = 22152 Idle, a bunch more in fights fully ascended.

Current Gear:

Doing t10 maps with ease, still gotta get lucky with my chroming. So i can setup cwdt immortal etc.

Biggest problem i'm facing is mana.
Any tips? :)
I dont know what i am doing wrong, but im lvl 70 right now, and i can barely do anything, i get pretty much 1 shotted, im res capped, totems 1shot mostly anything, but as soon as i get hit i run out of mana and when i place totem they die in 2 shots.
"
Simonizer wrote:
I dont know what i am doing wrong, but im lvl 70 right now, and i can barely do anything, i get pretty much 1 shotted, im res capped, totems 1shot mostly anything, but as soon as i get hit i run out of mana and when i place totem they die in 2 shots.

Setup the defensive gems, and don't get hit! ^^
But if you do, the defensive gem setups will save your arse for the first hit/hits.
Did HC cruel izaro at level 71. The izaro fight was cake. However, the traps... geeze! I almost died a couple times to traps. It was really exciting, but not sure if these lab traps in HC is my thing. Was really, really stressful. I took, believe it or not, about an hour and a half to complete cruel lab. Got this:

I wish those had been better boots lol.

I will probably NOT do Merc lab with this HC character. Its not Izaro that is the problem, its the situations in the lab where the spinning spike things, saw blades, and spikes in floor. Not being able to see and just blindly having to run in to moving traps is very scary in HC lol.

Now up to level 75. Bought:

last night since my resists allowed it. I can't decide if I should spend the remainder of my currency on a divinarius or carcass jack. Jack would need to be 4 or less linked I presume for me to be able to afford it.

current gear:
Spoiler
I'm at 28k dps with a 5L and increased aoe, using herald of ash & hatred, 3850 hp, capped resists, 22% evasion. You have to be smart about totem usage and in particular not getting chain hit, in some circumstances it can be a bitch to cast stuff, and some bosses (death and taxes avatar of winter, unique strand map thingie whakawoaira's boss) with constant ice novas are basically impossible to kill ( I killed the whaka boss but avatar of winter was impossible).

Note that this is with assassin talents that aren't counted in the sheet dps, actual dps is much higher (+ culling strike on everything).

My inquisitor buddy with a similar build is at 60k sheet dps on a 5L without increased aoe & with concentrated effect.

Last edited by Microchaton on Mar 11, 2016, 7:46:45 PM
"
Microchaton wrote:
I'm at 28k dps with a 5L and increased aoe, using herald of ash & hatred, 3850 hp, capped resists, 22% evasion. You have to be smart about totem usage and in particular not getting chain hit, in some circumstances it can be a bitch to cast stuff, and some bosses (death and taxes avatar of winter, unique strand map thingie whakawoaira's boss) with constant ice novas are basically impossible to kill ( I killed the whaka boss but avatar of winter was impossible).

Note that this is with assassin talents that aren't counted in the sheet dps, actual dps is much higher (+ culling strike on everything).

My inquisitor buddy with a similar build is at 60k sheet dps on a 5L without increased aoe & with concentrated effect.

wow, thats some insane dmg, mine sharing his and your gear?
Not sure how to link someone else's stuff.

I'm finding the defensive temporal chains / arctic breath unnecessary, what could I use for a Cast on Crit setup on a 4L that would be nice ? Does it work on totems anyway ?
"
Microchaton wrote:
Not sure how to link someone else's stuff.

I'm finding the defensive temporal chains / arctic breath unnecessary, what could I use for a Cast on Crit setup on a 4L that would be nice ? Does it work on totems anyway ?

Cast on crit does not work for totems unfortunately.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Very nice build!

Reached 200mio xp/hour on dried lake only limited by movement speed,
the recharge time of vaal disziplin and my own greed to pick up almost everything...^^

Did a few minor changes and felt really save on HC.
Too bad I managed to die anyways due to my bad connection and my refusal to stop.
Did I miss something or why do you use Controlled Destruction on a crit build? Wouldn't Increased Critical Strikes or Increased Critical Damage be more sensible?
It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
Last edited by Ceincaled on Mar 13, 2016, 6:24:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info