Good timing for a PvP patch after ascendancy

It would be good if PvP could have some love now that ascendancy pve content is ready to get released.

There are quite a few things that would need to be fixed, didnt you guys say that you were going to do a PvP patch later this year ?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your feedback everyone! I've spoken with the team about this and we're aware of some problems with the PvP only characters and would like to fix them later this year when we make updates to PvP. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I think it's about time, its been long since you guys made a patch for the pvp aspect of poe. You guys already released multiple extensions to pve and i think it got quite a load of love.. but what about us ?

With ascendancy things will change quite a lot, some problematic builds become even more overpowered like spark ( currently broken ) gaining ignore res on crit and a pierce gem that adds % more damage out of nowhere definatly needs to be adjusted. I'm also worried about remote mines which are currently still 1 shotting most builds when paired with crit spell or bow skills. They are getting more supports gems like minefield and cluster trap which will make the 1 shotting even worse.

I did saw some good things out of patch notes like whirling blades speed is 10% less, PvP-only characters can now access the Sarn Arena from their hideout via talking to Leo. Molten shell has a 500ms time now. Blade vortex and bladefall got nerfed and it was needed. Crit multi nerf is overall a good thing for pvp. They buffed spectral throw which might make ST characters very good in pvp now.

But more importantly PvP needs an update to bring it balanced with the new metas and everything. When you look at it right now it's not as bad as what people say, it only needs some revision after all these changes and buffs to certain builds.

Here is a nerf to vaal spark : Vaal Spark has been nerfed in almost every way possible. Its critical strike chance has been reduced from 6% to 5%. The base duration of the Sparks has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 2 seconds. The number of projectiles has been reduced from 150 to 100. The duration of the spiral has been reduced from 4.5 seconds to 3 seconds at all gem levels.

I personally think it should apply to regular spark in pvp as well.

+9999 for a pvp patch !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Mar 3, 2016, 6:06:06 AM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2016, 10:15:42 PM
Expectation and hope are the damnation of man and civilization. Live for the moment.
Remember when they did a pvp patch and added a lld season when they had a block of free time after content release ?

Where's our HLD patch now ?

It's about time you fix the issues GGG, atleast give it some love.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Mar 25, 2016, 9:08:18 PM
Yea, the Inquisitor issue could be resolved by changing it to just a CHANCE to ignore resistance on crit, but I definitely feel Spark needs to be redone, maybe give it a maximum range or some shit.
Might be taking a break from PoE in general, last thing I experienced in the game was a full system crash with a glitchy screen with jumbled colors and shit. Figures, I was in a 1v1 match against some asshole using Spark, saying that it's fine because it works as intended, yet my Icestorm is unfair because it "goes behind walls". Yeah, you tell me.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
When every needle dick is spark or abusing frost walls + instant secondary damage and/or 1 hit kill critical builds and GGG just ignores it, seems pretty pointless from here on.

This is equivalent to far cast Amazons with auto aim, bugged auradin Paladins and glitched mercenaries of Diablo2. Same level of laziness,stupidity,shit and shit play(ers). I'm versusing "Iblow","Isuckdick" and "Imshit" every single sarn/1v1.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 28, 2016, 10:58:23 PM
Such disgusting insults you have there mulla. While you've been busy with hating. Lapiz countered my build with non crit bow. Thanks to blind. Im working on a solution and i feel like im close. the reason i started abusing this build because of the ea abusers and how arrogant and annoying they had been. now those guys are not getting online anymore. Sad ending for them ha? You cant expect people to use fair builds until ea wiil be fixed. I really tried respecting you mulla. As someone who is using also ea. I found your hatred and complaining attitude very amusing i must say. In short try new stuff whuch addedvto game instead of living in the past. You sound like a old man with good past but terrible presence. Spark needs nerf for sure, the damage formula should be reworked for all skills. People must be encouraged to fight, instead of looking for a lucky offscreen oneshotting hit. We are all agree on that; there is no need to insult other builds, none of us are saint.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 29, 2016, 9:38:03 AM
I see the same problems as you Mulla, and everyone else, but insulting everyone in this manner is pointless, and people will not take anything you write seriously. You should not complain all the time about the same things, if you think melee is so inefficient, play something else or take a break from pvp, or just do it good. If you need help you can check out this thread, I found it very cool, he is able to get many abusers of the current meta, as melee, so get on his level.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Hahaha, shots fired!

Thanks for the acknowledgment markusz :) love you!!! But I definitely feel Mulla's pain. I don't think the feedback thread is an appropriate place for insults, however I didn't find anything he said to be that inappropriate etc...

Guys this is a F2P game that has probably thousands of character names alluding to or directly referencing felatio etc, so don't get too holier than thou quite yet when literally one of those could have been an actual user name lol

Again, feedback thread should be for feedback while the discussion thread is perfect for bitching/ego etc...

GGG, long time supporters/players are super bummed right now not just because there were changes, but because the changes ruined an aspect of the game we happened to enjoy very much. While I can't speak for everyone, but I can definitely say I won't help support this game again until I see actual efforts being made. <3
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 31, 2016, 11:27:33 AM
As crudely as Mulla phrased his discontent, he's right. When some crybaby nobody like Head_High can be in top 10 in 1v1s, there's something wrong. He's only level 84, but surprise, he's Spark Inquisitor who has the fucking nerve to say that spark "works how it's supposed to," even though I know damn well he'd complain if it was someone else doing it. Arena, on the other hand, is just 1-shot craziness when rangers are in, like Ccup. He uses a very wide variety of (overpowered) skills, such as puncture, lightning arrow, end of list. Shit's making pvp less fun each time I encounter it. I used to be fine with dying, 'cause I could at least say "Well, my shit's just not good enough for these nerds", or "They just have better gear from playing longer than me." Now more than half the time, it's just irritating 'cause I know I'm better than a decent portion of players, but I still get bullshit deaths 'cause of off-screen skills or block. Shit's dumb, yo.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Márkusz wrote:
I see the same problems as you Mulla, and everyone else, but insulting everyone in this manner is pointless, and people will not take anything you write seriously. You should not complain all the time about the same things, if you think melee is so inefficient, play something else or take a break from pvp, or just do it good. If you need help you can check out this thread, I found it very cool, he is able to get many abusers of the current meta, as melee, so get on his level.

What a moronic reply. Telling me to get on the level of someone that is using 90% of the tech I started as 2h, that everyone else started to use.

Games fucked right now, melee or not...end of story.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info