[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Hi all, hi Lifting

I just started my 2nd char in Prophecy: 2h EQ Juggernaut.
I was wondering how this build compares with Kumbo's build (assuming both are Juggernauts): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864/page/1

The biggest differences I see are:
- This build would run Hatred + Ash, no curses (although CWDT with a curse is possible, either vulnerability for DPS or temporal/enfeeble for defense)
- The poisonquake build runs two curse auras (enfeeble/temporal + vulnerability) and arctic armor (or Ash for DPS).

Technically, both builds could have poison/bleed through items, not sure though how the damage would scale through passives. Through vulnerability aura, the second build would give poison/bleed damage extra boost.

Has anyone compared the two play styles / builds? What do you think?
Anyone tried a voidheart with the build? I guess it must be a massive boost to DPS!
I have a doubt about chest armour, help me choose the best in order:

- Kaom's Heart: life + fire dmg burst (-- price)

- Kintsugi: life + 20% less Damage taken if you have not been Hit Recently (-- low. armour)

- Belly of the Beast: good res + life + armour

- Daresso's Defiance: nice endurance charge mechanics

- Lightning Coil

I don't understand the mechanics very well and why you have chosen Lightning Coil as main armour.

Thanks!
why fortify as 6th link? (juggernaut)
im confused, if i have a 5 link is obviously more worth linking like this:

EARTHQUAKE - LESS DURATION - FORTIFY - PHYS TO LIGHT - WEAPON ELEMENTAL DMG

(instead of
melee phys.)

with fortify in sinergy with unyelding (juggernaut) is much better.
am i wrong?

PLEASE ANSWER
Hy all i realy don't understand why he use Lightning Coil as a chest could someone explain to me ? ( i play in HC ) i was thinking maybe a belly would be better ? .
"
gisabelle wrote:
Hy all i realy don't understand why he use Lightning Coil as a chest could someone explain to me ? ( i play in HC ) i was thinking maybe a belly would be better ? .

Because lightning coil gives you a 30% damage reduction to the biggest killer in the game which is large melee hits. Its also reducing any of your own reflected damage.
Last edited by stormyknight on Jul 16, 2016, 3:43:54 PM
Can you use this build with 1hand + Shield? I would have to modify the passive skill tree a little, but could it work? (Im in HC and I want to be safe as possible)
Who needs daggers? Why not put three holes with a claw, instead of just one.

Hi, I am currently a level 83 champion with 5,722 life and around 38k damage fully buffed (-flask). I love the build, but I am having quite a bit of trouble with uber Izaro. He hits me really hard and I have some trouble avoiding that when dealing with the mechanics of the fight. I have cleared him 1 time out of 5 attempts. Could anyone help me?

Here is my Gear https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Codemanz/characters
Hi all and thanks for a good build thread creator. This is my favourite build in the game.
I am level 91 in prophecy league and it's going really well.

I haven't been using
but i leveled them up in the switch just in case i should need them. Never bothered to do phys reflect/ele reflect maps. I just rerolled them instead.
Normal reflect rares are no problems.

This build is really good for endgame lab runs. No issues at all there.

To the user above Codemanz: Pop immortal call and attack izaro during immortality. Repeat process until he is dead or alternatively just circle around him letting the aoe of earthquake finish him off. Both work fine. I always have an ancestral totem up to double my damage in this fight.

"
TyphoonTip wrote:
Anyone tried a voidheart with the build? I guess it must be a massive boost to DPS!

I am using it. Not really massive or needed. But it's a nice ring to have. The degen tends to finish off rare monsters left alive after one earthquake.

"
Kellen wrote:
I have a doubt about chest armour, help me choose the best in order:

- Kaom's Heart: life + fire dmg burst (-- price)

- Kintsugi: life + 20% less Damage taken if you have not been Hit Recently (-- low. armour)

- Belly of the Beast: good res + life + armour

- Daresso's Defiance: nice endurance charge mechanics

- Lightning Coil

I don't understand the mechanics very well and why you have chosen Lightning Coil as main armour.

Thanks!

All those are really nice except Kintsugi which is useless for this build. I'd pick Daresso if i had the choice.

"
xZiino wrote:
why fortify as 6th link? (juggernaut)
im confused, if i have a 5 link is obviously more worth linking like this:

EARTHQUAKE - LESS DURATION - FORTIFY - PHYS TO LIGHT - WEAPON ELEMENTAL DMG

(instead of
melee phys.)

with fortify in sinergy with unyelding (juggernaut) is much better.
am i wrong?

PLEASE ANSWER

Juggernauts don't get fortify as champions do.
Phys to light and weapon ele dmg gems are for reflect issues.
Melee phys gives %more dmg while fortify and unyielding give %increased dmg so there is a difference there.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 26, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
I am happy to see so many having good results with the build. I will keep updating this for 2.4 and look for potential upgrades! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info