[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
"
Spasko wrote:
So if you were writing the guide today which ascendancy class would you have chosen as best?

Juggernaut! :)

OK, I'm playing Duelist ... what then? :D
Hey lifting,

Iv'e decided to go Juggernaut for this build. looked at your tree and it looks weird so i have a few questions:

1. Can you give me a quick out line for leveling (is it better to go templar or duelist area first?)

2. Why all of the elemental nodes taken? for the phys to lightning and added fire?

3. Are the armor nodes in the marauder area that great? maybe better connecting through the top or 2h wheel?

Thanks for the build and help,
"
galuf wrote:
"
Duba wrote:
Kaom's Heart or Lightning Coil for chest piece ? :)

If you go jugg, don't take coil it will be unoticeable, you will be able to get almost enough armor to get better mitigation than coil's effect. On juggernaut a GG yellow high armor high res is imho the best

Not sure about that. I was using rare 1800 armor one till today, switched to Coil, and it just feels way safer. I didn't have that "double body armor" node yet, but dont think it will make any difference.
Great cheap items for leveling:
Facemelt everyting on cruel and merciless. Lvl req 40. Can be used until 5-l or 6-l Marohi

With this, I have +5,6K life at level 68.
Last edited by Blah on Jun 11, 2016, 10:56:41 AM
"
evilmindcz wrote:

Not sure about that. I was using rare 1800 armor one till today, switched to Coil, and it just feels way safer. I didn't have that "double body armor" node yet, but dont think it will make any difference.

It does if you speced in armor nodes. Non legacy coil is still great but not on character that have such high armour scalling. For instance if you have a 2K armor it goes to 4K base. With proper nodes it gets way better.

Hence the build it 2H I don't know where can it go but I'd personally use IR + Unweavering stance + Soul of steel cluster anyway at some latter point just because it's the safest.

Soul of steel cluster is quite underrated, as a jugg wearing a good armor it would give you at least 2K armor from the armor alone and 4% phys mitigation wich is actually way more hence it gives increased returns in a stat you max that has diminishing returns. It has been buffed in recent big patches(before it was 3% phys mitigation) but it is a great stapple for high lvl armor characters that want the extra scalling for high tier maps. (the last node in itself is like a pseudo arctic armor for armor based chars) Same story for cloth and chain node, it has insane value 15% all res and 36% armor 36% eva for 2 points, having tons of utility and skipped in this build.

I find it overly stupid going coil on an ascendancy that has naturally this much potential armor.

If you play std and have a legacy coil, as always it will work, but then the pathing of the build and the ascendancy choice are imho a tiny bit off.
Last edited by galuf on Jun 11, 2016, 11:56:11 AM
Well, just tried uber Labyrinth for the first time. With Coil i can facetank Argus (even without granite flask), and Izaro was just a joke. The traps all over his room are the most dangerous thing there.

And i love his chests, guess this will be my new favorite place to earn some cash for 6L... :-)
LiftingNerdBro,

Thank you so much for this guide. I have been enjoying this build so much. This is my first ever melee character after 1250+ hours, and this build has been a dream.

I do have one gripe, and I would like to respectfully suggest that you mention the difference between the Duelist and Marauder versions of this build in your guide.

You see, I watched the video guide for this build and basically followed it without any issues until level 70 or so, when I noticed that you edited your guide to reflect that Juggernaut is your new preferred Ascendancy class.

I have been having defense issues in Merc lab and decided to try to respec into Jugg from Champion... only to find that Duelist does not have access to the Jugg class.

None of this is necessarily your fault, but it would have saved me a lot of frustration and respec points if there had been some mention of this in your guide.

I have since bought a Lightning Coil, and am in the process of building my resistances back up to use it effectively.

Once again thank you for the guide!

Edit - Face-tanked merc Izaro with a Lightning Coil, so that takes care of that I guess :D
Last edited by Null_Unit on Jun 12, 2016, 12:47:40 AM
"
Null_Unit wrote:
evilmindcz,

Thank you so much for this guide.

You must blame LiftingNerdBro, not me! :-))
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Null_Unit wrote:
evilmindcz,

Thank you so much for this guide.

You must blame LiftingNerdBro, not me! :-))

Indeed, sorry!
I can't see gear setup. Where is it? I'm the beginner so i don't know which gems work together. So can u share the gear setup too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info