[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
dErGhettoboyy wrote:
Im wondering what do you think about using Voll's Protector for EQ? Well you might have to take "Resolute Technique" off in order to crit (for Power Charges) but shouldn't be bad?

Without also using a big part of your passive on crit nodes it will be a very big decrease in your kill speed if you spec out of Resolute Technique... This is a non-crit build and that node is at the heart of it.
Hmm what about going for a crit Version then? I guess it would be very possible and also viable...
After countless lab runs, I finally got my duration enchant:

"
dErGhettoboyy wrote:
Hmm what about going for a crit Version then? I guess it would be very possible and also viable...

You can make a crit Earthquake build with Hegemony's Era staff, just like i did. It's very powerful, and it actually exceeded my expectation.
My build differs a lot from OP's, though - because my vision of what the good build should use is quite different.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 13, 2016, 2:36:39 AM
"
dErGhettoboyy wrote:

Kripparian is using an elemental Earthquake crit build that makes great use of Trypanon.

Can't tell you about the specifics though, I didnt go too much into it but it looks crazy powerful.

I guess it is so powerful because you can skip all crit-chance nodes and go only for flat damage% and crit-multi.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 13, 2016, 5:58:33 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
dErGhettoboyy wrote:

Kripparian is using an elemental Earthquake crit build that makes great use of Trypanon.

Can't tell you about the specifics though, I didnt go too much into it but it looks crazy powerful.

I guess it is so powerful because you can skip all crit-chance nodes and go only for flat damage% and crit-multi.

Awww sound rly good, atleast for me! :D So I might go for this Build with my Duelist (?) + using Voll's Protector?

btw do you got a link to his Build? Couldn't find it.
Last edited by dErGhettoboyy on Apr 13, 2016, 9:39:13 AM
"
dErGhettoboyy wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
dErGhettoboyy wrote:

Awww sound rly good, atleast for me! :D So I might go for this Build with my Duelist (?) + using Voll's Protector?

btw do you got a link to his Build? Couldn't find it.

I am 99% sure it is this build he is using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxkT2Dkv8A

But it is a Templar build, Duelist doesn't have easy access to the needed crit-multi nodes I think.

Also, overall you will have less clearspeed because the AoE from Marohi is missing and less survivability because you wont have the Fortify focused ascendency class.

But as this has basically nothing to do with the (great!) build that is featured in this thread we should get back on topic:

I have recently specced out of some Life and Armor nodes and went for Wrecking Ball and Executioner nodes far south of the Duelist start nodes. I would not recommend that to PHC players, but for PSC if you are looking to boost your damage and have enough life through equip those two nodes seem to be the best option. Or does anybody have a better damage option for me?
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 13, 2016, 12:20:21 PM
Hi Lift
first of all I thank you for your build,very well illustrated.Currently i am in act 4 merciless,lv74, and the build work very good.Few days ago i took a Marohi Erqi 5L and finally i started to appreciate it.
But I have some questions about it (probably due to my little knowledge of the game):

1)Vaal Ground slam:I used this skill very little compared to earthquake , both for single and multiple target,i do not understand its usefulness compared as pure dps( Vaal dps vs EQ dps).It has a role into the end game or else they can not understand ?

2)Armor:choose to focus on this defensive statistics.for this reason, why not take Iron Reflexes in the tree of skills?

3)Lightning Coil:connecting me to step 2),this Chest is really so important , if the armor is the main build defensive statistic?for this reason it is not better a Belly of the Beast as chest (tons of armour + max life + Elemental Resistances,everything you need to build , side defense)?

I thank you for any answers and clarifications
Last edited by DFGemini on Apr 14, 2016, 1:26:49 PM
"
DFGemini wrote:
Hi Lift
first of all I thank you for your build,very well illustrated.Currently i am in act 4 merciless,lv74, and the build work very good.Few days ago i took a Marohi Erqi 5L and finally i started to appreciate it.
But I have some questions about it (probably due to my little knowledge of the game):

1)Vaal Ground slam:I used this skill very little compared to earthquake , both for single and multiple target,i do not understand its usefulness compared as pure dps( Vaal dps vs EQ dps).It has a role into the end game or else they can not understand ?

2)Armor:choose to focus on this defensive statistics.for this reason, why not take Iron Reflexes in the tree of skills?

3)Lightning Coil:connecting me to step 2),this Chest is really so important , if the armor is the main build defensive statistic?for this reason it is not better a Belly of the Beast as chest (tons of armour + max life + Elemental Resistances,everything you need to build , side defense)?

I thank you for any answers and clarifications

1) As he stated in the guide, Vaal Ground Slam is by no means important to the build, you can just use some other skill setup in your armor. But I personally came to love Vaal Ground Slam. It has saved my ass many times by pushing back and stunning the 50 fast as hell monsters that had me surrounded while also dealing great damage.

2) Iron Reflexes would need 4 passive points to get. And I never saw the usefuless of that node. I would not even take it if it costs only 1 passive to get it. I mean, I have a 33% chance to evade attacks at the moment. That means that every 3rd hit does not even hit me. Why would I want to give that up for a few extra % of physical damage reduction when with 5 endurance charges I sit at 70% reduced physical damage taken.

3) If you triple the armor of Belly you might come close to what Lightning Coil gives you. And that is a big chunk of reduced physical damage taken. That is just insane. The high armor and evasion is also great. You have to go away from thinking that you only need armor. Evasion is great for this build too. But of course it has its downside too. It can be very hard to cap lightning resistance. Even harder when you use an Essence Worm for Hatred.

Hope I could clear up a few things for you.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 14, 2016, 2:04:33 PM
"
"
Legô wrote:
Yet again another build that i would like to try this time in HC, thanks a lot Liffting

Best of luck! If you don't mind, do me the favor and report back if you liked it or not. The feedback is useful for players who haven't tried the build yet :)

Lifting the build was both fun and OP, i was smashing everything to bits (using the leveling weapons helped me a lot). Unfortunately at level 62 i realized i didnt even enter normal lab so i went there but i found the mighty and dangerous "Server Lag Boss" which killed me in a mix of traps and delayed log out of 4 seconds.

Anyways the build was great i am just sad that i didnt have the chance to get the full potential i died just after getting my 5l on marohi erqi. I do want to go and do the EQ build again still not sure of trying my luck again in HC (though the last 2 deaths to server issues left me too salty) or go back to chillax SC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info