[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
2.2 Video Guide: Path of Exile Ascendancy: Beginners Earthquake Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Check this short (5-6 min) build guide video above. It will show you how the build performs and explain how to set everything up!

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

This is the official thread for my Beginners Earthquake Champion build guide. In this thread, I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation of how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video guide above.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. This build is designed for both new players and veterans alike. The build has the potential to run the highest level maps, it is very tanky and the clear speed is great!

2. Someone who seeks a build that is fairly budget friendly - no unique items are required in order to make it work. There are however, a few very strong recommended ones.

3. Fans of the "total destruction" mindset!

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build mechanic introduction:

For defenses, this build utilizes multiple Endurance Charges, permanent fortify, a high life pool and tons of armor. The damage is scaled via frenzy charges and by converting a large portion of the physiscal damage into elemental damage.

Skill-gems and setups:

Primary Damage setup:

- Earthquake, Less Duration, Melee Physical Damage, Physical To lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage & Added Fire Damage.

Note: before you get yourself the Marohi Erqi hammer you should prioritize Increased Area of Effect as your 4th support gem.

Secondary Damage Setup:

- Vaal Ground slam, Multistrike, Melee physical damage, Physical to Lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage & Added Fire Damage.

Defensive Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13), Immortal Call (lvl 15), Molten Shell (lvl 17 ) & Increased Duration (max level)

Note: Decrease/Increase the CWDT level requirements as you see fit. I use the above setup for tier 10+ maps.

Auras/Mana Reservation & Golem:

- Hatred, Herald of Ash, CWDT (lvl 1) + Flame Golem (lvl 2).

Mobility & Charge Generation:

- Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Enduring Cry & Blood Rage.

Skill-trees & Ascendancy class:

Ascendancy Class: The Champion

Ascendancy Points: Unstoppable Hero, Fortitude & Inspirational (6 pts)

NOTE: As a temporary solution to opening the skill-trees for now. Use this skill-tree calculator and copy the skill-tree URLs into the program. This will allow you to open the skill-trees.

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases

Leveling skill-tree, 35 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 68 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 91 points:

Finished skill-tree, 113 points:

Note: That if you at any point need intelligence or dexterity, simply pick up the 30+ notables in the skill-tree and spec out of them later when you are able to cover these requirements via gear.

Leveling Tips:

1. Use a 2-handed Molten Strike setup until level 28, when you can get Earthquake in act 3.
2. Try to 5-link your Marohi Erqi sometime around level 65+

Check the "spoiler" below for a list of awesome and cheap unique leveling-weapons:

Spoiler

Bandit Quest Rewards:

- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 to maximum frenzy charges

Gearing and stat priorities:

Defensive affixes, in priority:

1. Life
2. Elemental Resistances (75% on Merciless)
3. Armor
4. Chaos Resistance

Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Physical Damage%
2. Added Flat Physical damage
3. Weapon Elemental Damage%

Jewels:

- Inc. Maximum life %
- Inc. Physical Damage%
- Inc. Area Damage%
- Inc. Dex/Int

Recommended unique items:

Weapon: Marohi Erqi

Spoiler

Chest: Lightning Coil

Spoiler

Outro:

Make sure to watch the video guide to see some actual gameplay of how the build performs as well as to get a better explanation of how it works!

2.2 Video Guide: Path of Exile Ascendancy: Beginners Earthquake Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

If you want to make me happy and like the content, subscribe to the channel - it is what I do for a living after all!

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have. I do not reply to private messages though, as I simply don't have the time! :)

Stay safe!

#DoYouEvenNerd
Lifting
hi can u re post the flask setup plz btw this build is great
"
toto972 wrote:
hi can u re post the flask setup plz btw this build is great

It is mentioned in the video guide mate. But I will add it to the written guide later :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
How the f*** am I supposed to rech 80-90% phys damage reduction through armor? I'm having pretty decent gloves, boots and chest which all give me around 13600 armor at level 78. But this equals only 60% phys dmg mitigation according to the tooltip 0.o

My gear:

(All res & Chaos capped at 75%. Life 5250)
Last edited by Polypropylen on Mar 27, 2016, 4:41:22 PM
Well, don't forget about granite flask, endurance charges, fortify.
Hi all. I've been doing this build but with a Berserker instead for mad DPS. It's been really fun! However, I've been using the exact same passives. Is this advisable? This is my first time playing PoE and my first character so I'm not sure what I should change, if anything, to make the passives work better with Berserker.

This is what I have so far:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQHcBLMFLQmWFCAaOBo-HpQhNCGQJy8pLi3SMok0jjWSOQ462DrhPAVBP0MxR35M_1BHUeZXDVfiWfNfP1_QZU1o8mvZcql07Xasd-N35XgNeHp5aHuMfLh82X7gggeCm4TEhNmE74Y7h2qPYJBVlIeXeZ5XnsWfPp_fogCpJ6luqZSsqq2Nr2y0L7XyvTa-p8AawGbBBM9-0iHWWNi92WHZfNrB37Lhc-RR6hDqGO0g7w7vfPAf8azyQfJF9zL4X_4K

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
"
Polypropylen wrote:
How the f*** am I supposed to rech 80-90% phys damage reduction through armor? I'm having pretty decent gloves, boots and chest which all give me around 13600 armor at level 78. But this equals only 60% phys dmg mitigation according to the tooltip 0.o

My gear:

How about using a granite flask? With the iron skin affix
"
Masaaki14 wrote:
"
Polypropylen wrote:

My gear:

How about using a granite flask? With the iron skin affix

I didn't think that the claimed 80/90% mitigation was including flasks AND charges. I thought people acquired that much armor just from items and the tree. Yes, with 3-4 charges and the granite flask I also acquire that much phys mitigation.
hey guys,
really nice build :) i like it.
here is my gear:

spend like 4 exa for 6L Axe, but no luck :( sitting on around 50k dps with 4 Frenzys, besides the 6L Axe, what can i do to increase the Dps more?

and would be Kaoms Heart better than my Belly?

thanks
Last edited by Wudy on Mar 28, 2016, 10:07:18 AM
"
Wudy wrote:
hey guys,
really nice build :) i like it.
here is my gear:

spend like 4 exa for 6L Axe, but no luck :( sitting on around 50k dps with 4 Frenzys, besides the 6L Axe, what can i do to increase the Dps more?

and would be Kaoms Heart better than my Belly?

thanks

If you aren't using the Groundslam setup, then a Koam's would be great yea!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info