[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

I would assume Less Duration is the best up to the point where the aftershock duration is just under your attack speed. And then EQ as everything scales off of Physical damage. Then PtL > Melee Phys > WED. Added Fire is pretty bad and you're better off doing your other gems like HoA.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Mar 21, 2016, 7:52:15 PM
How do you deal with elemental reflect?

why no one uses them? I think these gloves provide a good buff
Interfice Errorem Diligere Errantem
"

Actually, I don't. I'm careful around elemental reflect mobs and use a health potion.

I considered this ring, but I need my ring slots to cap elemental resists.

I'd gladly accept tips regarding elemental reflect, as it is by far the most dangerous thing for my version of this build.
"

Asked and answered already multiple times in the thread but will answer again. Here is what I personally do.

Turn off hatred.
Turn off herald of ash.

Personally I turn on Determination.

Replace WED
Replace Physical to lightning
Replace Added Fire

Personally for str support I use stun / life gain on hit / life leech / empower / endurance charge on hit. For int support I use concentrated effect.
"

A topaz flask has been all that i needed to help with that :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Idyar wrote:
"

Asked and answered already multiple times in the thread but will answer again. Here is what I personally do.

Turn off hatred.
Turn off herald of ash.

Replace WED
Replace Added Fire

Personally for str support I use stun / life gain on hit / life leech / empower / endurance charge on hit. For int support I use concentrated effect.

I apologize for being such a noob, but I am just learning this game, am level 25 in HC Parandus, doing great so far using your build. If I make it far enough that this matters, would you mind noob explaining that.

Are you changing gem setups for specific affixes on maps?

Thanks for humoring the noob.
"
linflas wrote:
"
Idyar wrote:
Spoiler
"

Turn off hatred.
Turn off herald of ash.

Replace WED
Replace Added Fire

Spoiler

I apologize for being such a noob, but I am just learning this game, am level 25 in HC Parandus, doing great so far using your build. If I make it far enough that this matters, would you mind noob explaining that.

Are you changing gem setups for specific affixes on maps?

Thanks for humoring the noob.

Yes, that's the jist of it. My earlier answer was more generic, and in regards to singular elemental reflect mobs (which start to show up in late Cruel or thereabouts).

There's really not much more to explain, but since you asked for it: Hatred and Herald of Ash both give you a percentage of your physical damage as elemental damage, which obviously increases the damage you would take from reflected elemental damage. Physical to Lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage and Added Fire are the gems with this effect (or similar), so with the auras and gems replaced you suddenly do a fair bit less damage (partly recoverable with other gems) and almost all of it will be physical. Note that this makes physical reflect dangerous - which it isn't really otherwise since most of your damage otherwise is elemental.
Last edited by Siouxsie871 on Mar 22, 2016, 1:38:44 PM
Why is it better to use physical to lightning for example on 5link rather than added fire? it seems added fire increases dps much more than phys to light
"
why no one uses them? I think these gloves provide a good buff

Confirm that.Surgebinders are good for this build
IGN: ssserpent or sssnnnake

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info