[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

question about attack speed breakpoints. I followed the build to the letter with no attack speed on gear (82 atm) and I currently sit at 1.43 attacks per second which is causing me to miss every other aftershock already that's even before the 5 frenzy charges. Is the EQ duration head enchant a requirement for this build? Is spamming EQ not the desired play style? How do you address this issue?
"
"
ivqancorp wrote:
Not sure if this has been answered in one of the 20 pages before this past, but why not pick up the Rampart skill node/cluster? With this build having permanent Fortify, wouldn't that make this cluster one of the best for this build?

I honestly just find the pathing inefficient. Those 6 points it requires geting the notable is not worth it IMO. If you prefer Rampart then go for it, it is not wrong doing though, just not my preference.

I feel the same.
I think it it takes 4 points to reach it. That's 20% of life. Quite a trade off IMO.
are there any uniques that people recommend to increase damage of this build? Also what nodes should i unspec if i wish to go into rampart? Finally any suggestions for single target dps skills that will destroy bosses, looking for a replacement for my chest 6 link.

edit: Also does accuracy rating do anything for this build?
Last edited by Selvam on Mar 13, 2016, 9:08:05 AM
"
JuztBe wrote:
"
"
ivqancorp wrote:
Not sure if this has been answered in one of the 20 pages before this past, but why not pick up the Rampart skill node/cluster? With this build having permanent Fortify, wouldn't that make this cluster one of the best for this build?

I honestly just find the pathing inefficient. Those 6 points it requires geting the notable is not worth it IMO. If you prefer Rampart then go for it, it is not wrong doing though, just not my preference.

I feel the same.
I think it it takes 4 points to reach it. That's 20% of life. Quite a trade off IMO.

exactly.

the entire Rampart area provides 35% increased melee damage, 20% increased armor and 15% increased effect of fortify.

not only u need 4 points to reach the area, but this 35% increased dmg is not that great considering it comes from the entire circle of 4 nodes, and 15% increased fortify effect translates into 3% more damage mitigation (from 20% to 23%). you already have 24% fortify damage mitigation from champion ascendacy points, so those 3% does not make such a huge difference, imho.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
"
k4n3 wrote:

not only u need 4 points to reach the area, but this 35% increased dmg is not that great considering it comes from the entire circle of 4 nodes, and 15% increased fortify effect translates into 3% more damage mitigation (from 20% to 23%). you already have 24% fortify damage mitigation from champion ascendacy points, so those 3% does not make such a huge difference, imho.

Well I noticed that Elemental Damage nodes such as Catalyse and Elementalist cluster are picked up. Wouldn't dropping those in favor of the Rampart cluster be more beneficial? Thats like 7 nodes right there.
Wouldn't a few jewels here and there make the build even better? Or are the points spend in a better way?

EDIT: Forget it....you seem to add jewels during the last few stages of the build.
New question: Wouldn't they also benefit a bit earlier?
Last edited by Polypropylen on Mar 13, 2016, 10:20:44 AM
I would just like to know what others uniques can you add beside that Lightning Coil and Marohi?
And isn't Carcass Jack better if you don't do reflect maps?
"
crashbashl wrote:
I would just like to know what others uniques can you add beside that Lightning Coil and Marohi?
And isn't Carcass Jack better if you don't do reflect maps?

I have Marohi, Coil, plus these two atm:
Essence Worm - to have one more aura
Devoto's Devotion - slightly more dps, plus another movement speed bonus

Still with maxed resists, but i'll probably drop both as soon as i get any helmet with earthquake enchant.
Im deep in this build, 83 atm.

Im feeling WAY squishy for some reason, even with fortitude from champion ascend.
Capped res (exp chaos)
Perm fortify
Basalt flask
4k armor

Im not really sure what im doing wrong or if the spikes are part of it, i can drop from 100% to 20% in a heartbeat, even in lower maps like 3s, and 4s.

Any suggestions ?
"
Ino_0x wrote:
Im deep in this build, 83 atm.

Im feeling WAY squishy for some reason, even with fortitude from champion ascend.
Capped res (exp chaos)
Perm fortify
Basalt flask
4k armor

Im not really sure what im doing wrong or if the spikes are part of it, i can drop from 100% to 20% in a heartbeat, even in lower maps like 3s, and 4s.

Any suggestions ?

How much life you have?
Are you trying to maintain endurance charges?
Last edited by JuztBe on Mar 13, 2016, 1:01:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info