[2.4] FoxTactic's LVL100 Crunchy Frost Ninja Frostblades\wildstrike

"
Hamdrew wrote:
Hi There

Any reason you don't recommend an edps dagger with crit base? Seems like this might be more appropriate since you are grabbing crit nodes in the tree. Are these just too expensive?

Currently level 49 in Perandus SC and doing OK thus far...

thx!

Yes a friend tried it with daggers, we made the conclusion that it was worse mainly because of the speed, and also the location of the dagger nodes require more travel, there are a bunch of different reasons, and ofc the price on daggers is usually higher anyway.

Gl
Whats ur accuracy? I have hard time keeping it +90%
One question, Fox. How much life & dps you have so far?

I've achieved 3.4k life and 17k dps (lvl 70) with charges so far. Still wondering how to improve to reach such dps like the 270k you have in standard.

Thanks for your time :)
Thanks again FoxTactic, Atziri down at level 83. My first time killing her with melee.

@LordVondrake - Your characters are not set to public, so you might want to either make them visible or post your gear/build.
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
Thanks again FoxTactic, Atziri down at level 83. My first time killing her with melee.

@LordVondrake - Your characters are not set to public, so you might want to either make them visible or post your gear/build.

Yup, true, should be public now.

Anyway, i've improved a bit, lvl 77, 4k life, 27k dps with charges, if i remember well. But still far away from the 270k, so i'm wondering how can exist such difference. Still lot to improve, but you know... time and currency ;)

If someone had any problems surviving (55-70 mostly) in merciless, i must suggest patience, you will probably die often until you get some gear & skills lvls, when you are 70+ you will start seeing a huge improvement in your survival & dmg.
"
LordVondrake wrote:
Anyway, i've improved a bit, lvl 77, 4k life, 27k dps with charges, if i remember well. But still far away from the 270k, so i'm wondering how can exist such difference. Still lot to improve, but you know... time and currency ;)

If someone had any problems surviving (55-70 mostly) in merciless, i must suggest patience, you will probably die often until you get some gear & skills lvls, when you are 70+ you will start seeing a huge improvement in your survival & dmg.

My initial thoughts (and just my opinion, others likely have additional insight to offer):

Gear -
Main hand is on the slow side, might want to try something over 1.9aps, but probably not urgent.
Offhand has a number of phys stats which don't seem to scale as well with this build.
Amulet has accuracy on it, but no crit, no crit multi and no weapon ele damage.
Rings have no crit, no weapon ele damage, and the flat ele damage is kind of low.
Gloves have no attack speed or flat ele damage.
Belt ele damage roll is on the lower side, but not too bad in my opinion.
Boots, yes we whirling blades everywhere, but movement speed is very nice in moving between mobs.
Flasks, you have no damage flasks. Consecrate flask, atziri flask, onslaught flask, all are cheap and nice boosts.
Jewels could be more damage focused if you wanted.

Are you running with Herald of Ash up instead of Wrath? We do very little physical damage, so this will be a minimal increase to DPS. Wrath is worth a heck of a lot more. My opinion is either go Charisma or Essence worm and run Wrath / HoT / HoI. Enlighten may be an endgame option.

Feel free to look at my set-up, but keep in mind I'm going Wild Strike rather than Frost Blades. I very much like the feel of it. Fully buffed I'm hitting something like 170k to 180k I think.
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
"
LordVondrake wrote:

My initial thoughts (and just my opinion, others likely have additional insight to offer):

Gear -
Main hand is on the slow side, might want to try something over 1.9aps, but probably not urgent.
Offhand has a number of phys stats which don't seem to scale as well with this build.
Rings have no crit, no weapon ele damage, and the flat ele damage is kind of low.
Boots, yes we whirling blades everywhere, but movement speed is very nice in moving between mobs.
Flasks, you have no damage flasks. Consecrate flask, atziri flask, onslaught flask, all are cheap and nice boosts.

Are you running with Herald of Ash up instead of Wrath? We do very little physical damage, so this will be a minimal increase to DPS. Wrath is worth a heck of a lot more. My opinion is either go Charisma or Essence worm and run Wrath / HoT / HoI. Enlighten may be an endgame option.

Feel free to look at my set-up, but keep in mind I'm going Wild Strike rather than Frost Blades. I very much like the feel of it. Fully buffed I'm hitting something like 170k to 180k I think.

Thanks a lot for all your improvements, i'll start replacing my stuff soon (building the currency needed for it atm)

And no, so far i'm using herald of thunder + wrath, i'm leveling the herald bcs i started at the beginning with all the 3 heralds so i'll raise it anyway. I'm considering to get the ring Fox have, Essence Worm to add add herald of ice also.

About your set-up, i must say that you have the same problem as i had, private profile :P
Has anyone managed to reroute this tree to make it HC viable? Having a hard time here... Not sure how to reroute the path while using 1h sword+shield.
"
LordVondrake wrote:
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
"
LordVondrake wrote:

Gear -

Thanks a lot for all your improvements, i'll start replacing my stuff soon (building the currency needed for it atm)

And no, so far i'm using herald of thunder + wrath, i'm leveling the herald bcs i started at the beginning with all the 3 heralds so i'll raise it anyway. I'm considering to get the ring Fox have, Essence Worm to add add herald of ice also.

About your set-up, i must say that you have the same problem as i had, private profile :P

Hello,
You can also take a look at my version of the build. (Raider)
I want to see how well it works and so far it does it's job very good.
I got 3.5k HP (Need to get that scion life cluster) with a L coil and capped res.

I managed to get 109k Tooltip dps with frost blade at level 74 on a 5L with level 17 gems. Full buffed of course.
Atm I'm level 79 and it should be a bit higher. Gems are now Level 18 and I picked up another jewel slot(Jewels are amazing for dps).

Also with vaal haste I got above 16 attacks/second (922% attack speed modifier) That makes WB close to instant.

When I get to level 85+ I will post some more information about the raider version.
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on Mar 15, 2016, 8:30:37 AM
Woops, no longer private.

With Wildstrike, fully self-buffed, I'm mid 180s. If I swap to Frost Blades + Chain, its like 40k-ish.

Damage is awesome, clear speed is very nice. Still feeling a bit squishy though. Getting over 4k health and a bit more evasion / dodge will probably make a nice difference.
Last edited by Rjr3412 on Mar 15, 2016, 4:01:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info