Please fix Curse Immunity

Bumping this because it still hasn't been fixed.
"
sidtherat wrote:
people want to get rid of curse immunity not because of what curses do to monsters - but because of the charge generation via Assassins/Poachers/Warlords mark. it is simply ruining their automated charge generation

and it is a good thing

while i don't disagree, and don't think that curse immunity is a bad thing, every time i consider making a support curserer i drop the idea fast since curse immunity exists. i made one in the past, and it was absolute horror to deal with packs in properly modded t11++ if they happened to spawn with curse immunity.

i wish going curses was a valid option, and by valid option i mean an option that doesn't get completely blocked off by a thing that's pretty common, both as a map and monster mod.

then again, there's also the charge generation issue. zzz.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Is the charge generation issue really that big a deal now with ascendancies and that generation on kill cluster behind conduit?
Mb instead of 1 less curse monsters are limited to 1 curse so that at the very least you can still have your most important defence curse up(or your most important offence curse).
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on May 24, 2016, 10:29:25 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
people want to get rid of curse immunity not because of what curses do to monsters - but because of the charge generation via Assassins/Poachers/Warlords mark. it is simply ruining their automated charge generation

and it is a good thing

I agree with the first part - it must be the a/p/w mark users that want this change the most. I ran triple curse Icestorm this league (Temp Chains, Frostbite, Ele Weakness) and I can do curse immune maps no problem. Maybe that's because icestorm is overtuned, or because I have good gear, but I just throw on Determination and Arctic Armour and do that map at more or less the same speed and with a little less safety.

I do kind of sympathize with the OP in this way - full curse immunity is something no other mechanic (save stun and chance to flee) is immune to. Like, can you imagine if instead of the -crit multi map mod they just made it crit immune? People would lose their shit.
People who can't run blood magic don't run blood magic maps.

People who can't survive reflect don't run reflect maps.

If your build relies heavily on curses don't run curse immune maps.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
"
Char1983 wrote:
"Can be affected by one fewer curse" pretty much... well, doesn't affect heavily curse-invested characters at all.

Yes. If you've spent some number of skill points (at least 4), four out of six possible ascendancy points, 4 item slots, and a pretty big chunk of change (for the corrupted amulet) to be the best curser around, why should you have content where you can't use that at all and content required for progression where you can barely use it?

Well, "can be affected by one fewer curse" is too weak though.

For a long time, I've thought that curse immunity is fine. Now I am running a tri-curse blasphemy chaos miner with every curse efficiency node on the tree. I still think it is manageable, but maybe slightly too strong.

What I would like is to have it changed to "can have one fewer curse" (grey maps), "can have two fewer curses" (yellow maps) and "can have three fewer curses" (red maps). Maybe even four fewer curses on red maps.

The alternative is something like 40-80% less (not reduced) curse efficiency, but that is kind of lame and mechanically not interesting at all.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Curse immunity is just as bad as stun immunity and less bad than Blood Magic. It just affects more people.

Personally, I think it is fine. If you have such a specialized character, you gotta pay the additional cost - which is to say, roll over curse immune maps. The only problem is vaaling maps.
Char, you don't get that the huge investment in gear and running around the tree, and investing ascendancy points IS the tradeoff. We paid. Now we want to play. Curse immunity says "sorry, you can't play". Ofc CI and blood magic FTW.
"

EDIT: "Can be affected by one fewer curse" pretty much... well, doesn't affect heavily curse-invested characters at all.
How about "can be affected by two fewer curses"? Where's your sense of collaboration, Char?
"

It would have to be more like "curses have 40/60/80% less effect on monsters" (white/yellow/red maps, not "reduced"). Or 40% less effect + one/two/three less curses (white/yellow/red maps)
That would be more like it. I actually like this idea better. The first one. 3 less curses on a red map? that's gimp.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
agree not to do/reroll curse immune map if I'm heavily on curse (blasphemy 2 vital curse for my actual scp) but when it's Zana it suck deeply...
... nothing
Curses having 80% less effect on monsters is a bit extreme.
You may as well leave the curse immunity, because no curse build is going to run that mod.

Physical damage reduction in red maps only scales to 40%

Why not change it to 20%/30%/40% less curse effect? (in normal/yellow/red maps accordingly)

That way some curse builds may actually consider running the map.

Or maybe 40/60/80 reduced curse effect (not less. but reduced)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info