Retch vs. Bind-Belts

So I've now acquired both halves of the belt recipe:

The question i have now is whether the value to these belts lies in the fact that they become The Retch? Are they useful on their own? Or do people only want them because they need them for the ID challenge?

Basically, I think I want to turn these into a Retch, but will I regret doing so for any reason?

As far as I can tell the recipe will still work on Standard (like the Taming recipe), so maybe I'll just hang onto them til I need them, but on the other hand I kind of want to play around with this belt now.

Bonus read of how I almost got ripped off with these:
Spoiler
I was excited to finally have both belts in Talisman League, so I linked them in general chat. I immediately received a pm from someone saying that he wants to buy both belts.

I tell him the belts aren't for sale, since I want to carry them to standard as drop-restricted items.

He says that he only needs the ID for the challenge.

At this point, I figure there is no use in me wasting 2 unIDed challenge items, so I invite him to a party and explain that I will need collateral for the ID.

He offers to give me 1 single chains that bind card in exchange for both unIDed belts (lol...)

I explain that these belts are up for 3 ex a pop on poe.trade, so a single 25c card would not cut it. I asked for 6 ex as collateral.

He said he didn't have any exalts.

I ask for chaos then.

He said he doesn't have any chaos orbs.

He is now getting frustrated and tells me to "just trust him".

I'm not going to fall for that, so I ask how he was expecting to buy them both outright when he PMed me if he has no currency.

At this point he just logs off, never to be heard from again.

Thanks for your help and input!
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
The Retch doesn't have a sweet poison effect aura around your character like Faminebind, thus it is 100% unusable. :^)

Faminebind effect

They basically have the same [pertinent] effect (the Flask Duration,) so unless you REALLY need the Max Life/Dmg on The Retch, I'd keep them separate and play around with both halves.

I would recommend getting 2 copies of each Belt, creating 1 Retch, and having a copy remaining of the other 2. That's what I would do if I could afford it. That's what I did with the Taming in Nemesis. (Blast you GGG for making them attainable through Zana! >_<)

Humble Brag

IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 2, 2016, 6:54:12 PM
Well... i CAN afford it...but the question is do I want to blow all my currency on such a thing when I already have two of them?

I heard a story of a guy that sold a headhunter for 5 ex back in the Nemesis days, so I'm just wondering if such a thing will happen to any of these belts. (Not likely...as they don't have that same "cool" factor as headhunter).
In my opinion Retch is superior to the individual belts from a strict point of view.

That being said maybe Pathfinder ascendancy can make use of the 50% increased flask charges gained while using a flask.

The retch is more oriented towards boss fights where you cannot gain charges, so the reduced charges gained won't affect you but the bonus duration will make your flasks last a lot longer.
It is also great for periods of boss fights without adds because usually you aren't killing monsters and spamming the flaks.

From a mapping point of view Retch isn't that great.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 2, 2016, 5:47:10 PM
"
Nick42 wrote:
I heard a story of a guy that sold a headhunter for 5 ex back in the Nemesis days, so I'm just wondering if such a thing will happen to any of these belts. (Not likely...as they don't have that same "cool" factor as headhunter).

5ex? That's nothing, I was about to buy one for 60c, but I didn't at the time because I was broke... Yeah. >_<

It's the only League-specific Unique I'm missing in my collection. Oh how it pains me. :'(

But at least I have this <3

PS. I added the Faminebind effect to my first post, in case anyone was curious.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 2, 2016, 6:54:39 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Nick42 wrote:

5ex? That's nothing, I was about to buy one for 60c, but I didn't at the time because I was broke... Yeah. >_<

It's the only League-specific Unique I'm missing in my collection. Oh how it pains me. :'(

But at least I have this <3

PS. I added the Faminebind effect to my first post, in case anyone was curious.

That really is a nice effect!

Ouch that hurts... I went on a shopping spree last night to buy a copy of each unique going legacy before the patch notes were well known. I didn't get them all but i have a few so that's nice. I looked at the belts again but I'm not sure if its worth the escalating cost (Retch would set me back 6 ex now. I paid a grand total of 1 ex and 33c for the first one)

PS: I may have had a chance to obtain one of those alt-art cloak of flames since I won some Wadjet contest, but after winning I never heard from him again :'( The prize very well may have been something else though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info