Would it be cheaper to go from 84-90 on T8s or t9s

Okay I'm dragging up from 84 - 90 and it's real slow. I've died five times since lvl1 and my maps are rolled blue.

Question is, would it be as expensive to go 84-90 with t9s that cost me 2c or trudge with t8s that cost me 1c?

Obv it would go a lot quicker with t9s.

Iv'e taken chars to 90 on t8s, but it's getting boring.

On the other hand I'm real stingy with my cash, even though I have some ex.

So I'm asking how much more %xp T9s offer over t8s

TYVM

Turnip
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
and my maps are rolled blue.

You're rolling tier 8 and 9s blue?
Dude you are expected to play low tier maps all the way until level 100. High tier maps are not only too expensive to play, but also too dangerous to play. If you cannot afford to spend 1 exalt per map, yes, please restrict to low tier maps.
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Okay I'm dragging up from 84 - 90 and it's real slow. I've died five times since lvl1 and my maps are rolled blue.

Question is, would it be as expensive to go 84-90 with t9s that cost me 2c or trudge with t8s that cost me 1c?

Obv it would go a lot quicker with t9s.

Iv'e taken chars to 90 on t8s, but it's getting boring.

On the other hand I'm real stingy with my cash, even though I have some ex.

So I'm asking how much more %xp T9s offer over t8s

TYVM

Turnip

You can get to level 94 or so fairly quickly by clearing t9-t10 very fast.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Before you decide to go any higher on maps, answer this question:

Are you willing to spend currency and end up overall negative at the end of the day to level faster?

If not, just keep doing those mid-tier T7s and T8s. It's slow and boring work but you get pretty good wealth since your initial investment is so low.

If you want to level faster, you're going to have to burn currency. Not just on rolling a good map (chaos spam for 80%+ quantity for example), but every time you put a map of tier 8 or higher in the device, you're burning currency (since those maps have an inherent resell value). If you spend three chaos rolling a map and the map its self can be sold for five chaos, you're most likely not going to get back eight or more chaos from that map on average (+2 drops and big-ticket uniques aside, as those are relatively uncommon enough to not be able to rely on them on a whole).

So TL;DR is, if you don't mind ending the day with less currency in your stash than you started, run those high level maps and jump to 90 in no time. If you still have a bunch of things you're saving up for, keep running those mid-tier maps.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Thx for all replies.

I'll prob blue roll 8s till 90.

Just wondered what the math was as difference to 84-90 on t8s vs t9s xp wise.

TYVM

Turnip
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Thx for all replies.

I'll prob blue roll 8s till 90.

Just wondered what the math was as difference to 84-90 on t8s vs t9s xp wise.

TYVM

Turnip

Math, lots of math: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
Don't waste your 75s & 76s until you are 86+, you can level up fairly quickly on 74s.

Don't waste good 75s & 76s maps by running them blue. I always Alc 75s, reroll only mods that you cant do (or put aside the map for another char). Out of 76s, Gorge and Arid Lake are fantastic maps, they always go fully chiselled (AL is the boss, tho, best XP/hour). What you spend on those two, you can save on Residence & UR, because they are crap maps - tier up or run blue.

Ofc, if the current price of just buying the maps is lower than rolling them, disregard my post...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I would alch the t8s, but 1/3 of a c is the cost of the alch+ huge increase in potential death.

I intend to blue roll my maps and clear (a lot faster due to blue) while avoiding death penalty.

Alching 8s up to 90 seems a waste to me as your clear speed will be lowered and chance of a f*** up goes up big time.

my 2 chaos anyhoo.

Turnip
t8 and t9 rain from the sky in large quantites even if rolling them blue

just run them blue, both the tiers. i do not know why you are talking about buying the maps. you do not have some on your own being 84?

also - run lower level maps with good layouts and/or good div cards. at lvl89 i will still occasionally run Underground Sea as i like the layout, jungle valley (with boss if you can) etc

at this level running LOTS of maps is far more effective than rolling and re-rolling yellow t8-9 as some of these might really slow you down and/or kill

just massive clear speed meta it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info