Advice on noob friendly builds for high end game/maps

Hello dear players.

I would like to ask the more experienced among you to suggest me some easy to understand and easy to use and not very expensive builds that are capable of atziri runs and high end maps(tier 10-15).

I have some basic experience in the game, with 2 lvl 75 characters and i would like to try the upcoming Perandus softcore league.

I have done some digging arround and only found the tornado shot ranger to meet the above criteria.

Can you please suggest me some other builds?
Last edited by arkolyno on Mar 2, 2016, 4:07:22 AM
Depends on what you mean by inexpensive. You're not going to down Atziri in 10 chaos gear.

In many cases spending currency directly translates into power regardless of what build you're playing. Even if you avoid volataxic rift, mjolnir, etc, you can still benefit from buying a belly of the beast or a lightning coil or something.

The more relevant question would be to ask which builds are strongest before investing in equipment and gems. This is pretty much always bow builds, because you can be safer in crappy armor, and you're not dependent on spell gem levels for damage. Many people also recommend totems for the same reason, but they are weaker in damage overall at baseline with unleveled gems.

My recommendation would be LA, tornado shot, or flame totem. But this is only necessary if you plan to avoid spending much time on your character, which is completely antithetical to running t15 maps. Finding and spending currency is part of progressing your character up to atziri and t15s.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Mar 2, 2016, 4:31:08 AM
thank you for your advices.

Yes i know that some currency is bound to be spent/used in order to progress, but i was talking about builds that don't required 100+ exalts or mirrors to be able to do high level stuff.
Also, what do you mean by LA builds
"
arkolyno wrote:

LA is lightning arrow, usually used in a build with GMP and Chain.
"
arkolyno wrote:
thank you for your advices.

Yes i know that some currency is bound to be spent/used in order to progress, but i was talking about builds that don't required 100+ exalts or mirrors to be able to do high level stuff.

I think you might have been reading some pretty abnormal guides. Very few builds go over 20 exalts with fully linked uniques. A typical build, which doesn't go crazy on mechanics or uniques on purpose, will cap out around 30 exalts. Realistically, you'll be almost completed at 10 exalts. 3 exalts is more than enough to begin into tier 10+ usually. I ended talisman with like 10 exalts of wealth, played like less than 1/3rd of the league.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info