Scion Ascendancy Class Tree Image

Hey Everyone,

I couldn't find a decent picture with all the information in one place, so I just threw this together to help me with some of my builds.

Spoiler

In case it's easier to view the original:
http://imgur.com/W9J1XLT

Images are all from ZiggyD's video, and thanks to LnDs for taking these screenshots to save me the trouble.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Gain Elemental Conflux For 0 Seconds When You Kill a Rare or Unique Enemy.

¿How dows that work?

Thx, for the image tho.
Thanks Nick.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
This is why Scion is noobtrap. Most of her Ascendancy passives are mere bonus attributes.
I prefer this album.

"
Deadpeng wrote:
This is why Scion is noobtrap. Most of her Ascendancy passives are mere bonus attributes.

Attributes can be quite useful, saving 1-2 Passive Points (as well as her other Ascendancy nodes being even more Passive Points.)
Scion is quite useful for Builds that can't take benefit of [the full tree] of one of the other Ascendancies. There are quite a few where the Scions combination(s) are better for certain builds than one specific Ascendancy outright.

While it's true that Scion isn't the best for most, there are cases where it's useful/arguably the best. Don't rule it out.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 1, 2016, 1:58:55 PM
This crap is useless for a summoner. I'm going to have to respec my witch back into a summoner and my summoner scion back into a tri-totem.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Ah I've never seen that album, thanks!

As for the Scion, there are a few builds that she can actually be best in class - for example, for a caustic arrow ranger, we can grab Deadeye and Occultist.

The pierce on deadeye frees up a jewel slot and some nodes on the tree used for pierce with drillneck.

The extra arrow + AOE radius of deadeye frees up a gem slot in the main skill link since we won't need inc AOE gem anymore.

The chaos resistance reduction of Occultist adds a huge boost to caustic arrow dps, as there was previously no way to penetrate chaos resistances.

There is also the damage bonus for killing cursed enemies in Occultist

No other "Pure" ascendancy class offers this many benefits to this build.

And I was fiddling around with the tree, and the 40 int from the ascendancy tree actually saves me a couple nodes on the passive tree that I don't have to dump into int anymore.

Scion can certainly be a noob trap, but under the right circumstances she can indeed be the best choice.
Last edited by Nick42 on Mar 2, 2016, 12:36:41 PM
"
The extra arrow + AOE radius of deadeye frees up a gem slot in the main skill link since we won't need inc AOE gem anymore.

What AoE Radius?

"
The chaos resistance reduction of Occultist adds a huge boost to caustic arrow dps, as there was previously no way to penetrate chaos resistances.

Requires you to curse the enemy first.

"
And I was fiddling around with the tree, and the 40 int from the ascendancy tree actually saves me a couple nodes on the passive tree that I don't have to dump into int anymore.

Scion can certainly be a noob trap, but under the right circumstances she can indeed be the best choice.

These circumstances are unfortunately very rare.

With what you proposed, it looks pretty good, but let's say you instead play just Deadeye Caustic Arrow. You get 30% more damage using Far Shot without all preparation. Your Damage over Time won't be as good as a Scion's, but your normal damage will definitely exceed hers without the need to cast a curse.
Then, you can follow it up with either Endless Munitions for extra AoE + projectile or Ricochet for Chain.
Either way, Deadeye looks better to me.

This is talking about one of Scion's better subclasses(Deadeye).
As far as I am concerned, Scion's major Ascendant node needs to be 1.5 times stronger than a normal major Ascendant node, since she only gets 2, compared to the 3 other people get.
If they are going to mishmash them, at least mishmash better.

That said, I think Scion deadeye subclass is a good subclass and if the other Scion subclasses could get to about deadeye's level, then Scion will look pretty good.
Just thought of a (interesting?) synergy - Assassin node gives 10% chance to gain a power charge on hit against enemies who are on full life. If you have ancestral bond, you deal no damage. So could you get full power charges really quickly this way (eg, with incinerate)?

I know it's probably not needed with ice spear and PCoC, but just interested to see if it would work.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Starxsword wrote:

What AoE Radius?

Opps! I was reading the Ranger tree not the scion one when I wrote that. +20% AoE radius in the Ranger tree. Still, with the extra projectile we can get away without this.

"
Starxsword wrote:

Requires you to curse the enemy first.

Generally that would be happening anyway.
I use this set up with my Caustic Arrow ranger for a huge DPS Boost. Plus, it gives you something to do while waiting for a boss to die from the DoT cloud.

with GMP and chain it only takes 1 shot to curse pretty much everything (and offscreen as well). Faster attacks makes this an extremely fast set up, and helps to maintain frenzy charges too.

"
Starxsword wrote:

These circumstances are unfortunately very rare.

Oh I agree with you there, I was just trying to prove that its not ALWAYS a noob trap - just most of the time...lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info