Juggernaut/Chieftain Ascendancy Class + Righteous Fire

I have a couple of queries regarding the Marauder Ascendancy classes, Chieftain & Juggernaut and their interactions with RF if somebody can try and help please:

Chieftain

- Ngamahu, Flame's Advance:
15% Chance to ignite
35% increased damage against Burning Enemies.

Does the 35% increased damage also apply to the skill that is actually applying the burn(RF)? so RF's damage will be increased by 35% as well, or will it only apply to subsequent sources of damage against the target affected by RF's burn?

- Ramako, Sun's Light
0.5% of maximum life regenerated per second per endurance charge
Cannot be ignited
When you or your totems kill a burning enemy, 10% chance for you both to gain an endurance charge.

Is the "cannot be ignited" going to mean I can not even switch on RF?. . if so that is stupid, as that passive is PERFECT for RF, an alternative to the old Blood Dance, Sharkskin boots frenzy charge regen, meaning I have an open boots slot for much more health and armour but still crazy high regen with better defense from endurance charge stacking.

Juggernaut

- Unyielding
30% increased damage while you have fortify
1.5% of maximum life regerated per second if you have fortify

Will the 30% increased damage apply to RF?

- Unrelenting
6% increased damage per endurance charge
8% reduced elemental damage taken while at maximum endurance charges

Similar to Unyielding above, will the increased damage per endurance charge apply to RF, also the reduced damage taken should also apply to the degen on my self from RF?

I'm trying to decide what Marauder ascendancy class will best benefit an RF build and depending on how the answers to my questions go, will probably sway me to one or the other.

Much Appreciated,
Smittles
Ngamahu:
Yes, if the enemy is burning you get 35% increased damage against it, the burn may come from ignite or something like burning ground or RF. It works the same as wearing an item that grants 35% inc damage as far as that enemy is concerned, and if you equip an item with such a bonus while RF lasts its damage will be updated.

Ramako:
No, RF isn't inflicting ignite status on you, it just burns you for x% damage.

Unyielding:
Yes.

Unrelenting:
Damage bonuses affect your damage output, and RF selfburn isn't part of your damage output.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 29, 2016, 11:51:49 AM
"
raics wrote:
Ngamahu:

Ramako:

That is what I was hoping for. I asked because when you use a flask with "immune to ignite for x seconds, removes ignite on use" it also turns RF off and removes the degen.
Thank you for the help!
Last edited by smittles on Feb 29, 2016, 11:59:25 AM
Glitter of gold pierces the night,
blink only once and it will be gone.
Perandus emblem barely in sight,
lining the pockets of nearest one.

Last edited by raics on Feb 29, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
smittles wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Ngamahu:

Ramako:

That is what I was hoping for. I asked because when you use a flask with "immune to ignite for x seconds, removes ignite on use" it also turns RF off and removes the degen.
Thank you for the help!

That's a common misread, the flask actually says 'Immune to Ignite, Removes Burning', that's because they wanted it to be able to turn off RF.

Oooh very useful to know. With all my questions now I answered I guess I will have to decide which class to choose, at a glance they both offer more damage and more defense.
"
Raye wrote:
Oh ffs Raics why do you have to go Ninja post and make me look like some copycat :p

Sorry about that. There, I whipped you a little poem about ninja looting instead :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info