Controlled Destruction Elemental Overload

How would Controlled Destruction and the new elemental overload would work together?
Same as all %more modifiers, they multiply.

So controlled destruction multiplies your spell damage by 1.44 and then elemental overload multiplies your elemental damage by 1.4 (those two might not be one and the same tho - physical spells and chaos spells won't benefit from elemental overload without conversions).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Feb 29, 2016, 11:24:56 AM
Sorry let me rephrase, The negative crit chance from controlled destruction would that hurt Elemental overload?
Well depends on your total crit chance and cast speed I would say.

But according to streamers, a single orb of storms with 6% crit chance is enough to keep it up 100% of the time so I wouldn't worry about it.

Also you can never go below 5% crit chance unless you take RT.
Last edited by Mannoth on Feb 29, 2016, 11:50:34 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
Well depends on your total crit chance and cast speed I would say.

But according to streamers, a single orb of storms with 6% crit chance is enough to keep it up 100% of the time so I wouldn't worry about it.

Also you can never go below 5% crit chance unless you take RT.

True true, Because i was planning out a Iron Will Arctic breath build

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_Gj4UIHy47w4pLlBH8axXDZZs85uRzmhlu-346-oYFHH3Mnas2Xxyqc9-ggfE9lWprKqtjfJBr6fGrpe0WfMczjwtDF9qARo4cg8rUINfg8wcp5BVcYUNzbc-U6UnL1cp_lT-CohaOthG1_JF2L1ewOw4OuE1koKbhXumV_6PmjtmVE3j4XPtPKIA1abwHwSz5CJo8sBmGmx8DnxLNumdrqdVlnQkqqcIW6AWb-vuj0ZDyONqHNya4JuhTwSPGkWdGGpTUngvfOVYB3jcKyYDmnUqcWJYbWQzhTLYJFZInz4t0g==
Last edited by Danoga on Feb 29, 2016, 12:25:01 PM
Unless they change orb of storms mechanics, i would just use Orb of Storm + Increased Critical strikes to maintain the elemental overload on pretty much any elemental overload build.

That should be more than enough considering the buff lasts 8 seconds.
"
Mannoth wrote:
Unless they change orb of storms mechanics, i would just use Orb of Storm + Increased Critical strikes to maintain the elemental overload on pretty much any elemental overload build.

That should be more than enough considering the buff lasts 8 seconds.

ok Fair enough, thanks for the help
if you are not afraid to use a second spell, i suggest to use either fire/lightning as a main spell, then use Ice Spear for the crits/cursing/EE.
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info