[2.2, HC, Gladi] Asta's Max Block 1H Sword Reaver (first Draft)

Hellow ascending Exiles,

this is going to be a short draft of my build for the Ascendancy expansion. I played a similiar build back to back in the Beyond league, which was very fun to play and also very effective.

However, with the coming expansion, Gladiator offers you the juicy 100% of Block to Spellblock and little additional block boni. Where you usually had to dumb Rathpith and Stone of Lazwhar in your gear slots, you can now just use a rare shield/amu.

Ah, another reason you should play this is, because of the "Come-at-me-bro" stance of that Class! :D

Passive Tree lv95 (Hp, Passive, Frenzy Charge):
At 95, this passive grants you a total of
- 200% Life, 5.4% Life Regen
- 0.4% Mana Leech
- 34% Block Chance (with Gladi tree, w/o shortime buff)
- A total of 550% Increased Damage and 90% Attackspeed (+ RT)

Leveling Trees:
Spoiler
Note: I usually try to reach 1.5k HP at norm Malachai and 2.5k at cruel one

Tree at the end of Norm (40 points):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8MSCsKu-p2VNvTZHfoTZL8y2imLshO_awXTtBS3Bghm0LYMVIPaj73rTfn11_rpI7j3ieK6xsxuto4oj9k2Seu9AoMC_qZUM96yv

Tree at the end of Cruel (69 points):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8MSCsKu-p2VNvTZHfoTZL8y2imLshO_awXTtBS3Bghm0LYMVIPaj73rTfkjuPeJ4rrGzG62jiiP2TZJ670CgwL-plQz3rK-NfTB81FIDJ0TSo-cCEQHcd-OpbsAabzt4DbXyNZLYvf4K8kU64aZXTeP-jwSHj5kyTiFgdPEppcjcwUn-HQ==

Ascendancy Tree:
Spoiler

(I'll try that bleeding stuff as well, but i think its not necessary)

Links:
Spoiler

Most Important ones:
6L: Reave - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks - Increased AoE - Multistrike - Added Fire
4L: Tempest Shield - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble - Increased Duration or Chain
4L: Whirling Blades - Fortify - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks

Stuff ill figure out while playing:
Cast when Damage taken + Enfeeble (I guess ill take a higher level one, not sure yet)
Counterattacks + Life gain on Hit
Bloodrage, selfcast or CwDt
CwDt + Arctic Breath, Immortal Call combos
Vaal Reave

Auras:
Hatred + Herald of Ash, Blasphemy

I'll try also some Blasphemy stuff (Blasphemy + Punishment). In both cases, im going to have
enough free mana (either 15% or 25%).

Gear:
Spoiler

Most Important ones:

Jewel Slot in Maurader Area:

The problem is here that increased AoE does have a very have high Int requirement (around 110). I didn't route around 30 Int nodes, which means i would have to sacrifice 3 suffixes on gear for an int roll. Thats just too much. 2 Passive to fulfill these requirement are a very good option.

Amulet:

As usual, this amulette cant be beaten if you don't need crit/wed mods on this slot.

Shield:

(Note: Crest got 31% block, this is a lagacy one)
Cheap, high block + life roll. You can find a better rare later in the league. But till that point Crest of Perandus is a super solid option.

Armor:

Belly of the Beast / Lightning Coil
Pretty sure i'll go for Belly, since Fortify and the new flat reduction flask are enough to bring the top end down.

Expected Damage Output:
Spoiler

Expected APS: 9 attacks per second around
Less/more Multipliers: 0.7 from Multistrike and 1.5 from Melee Phys = 1.05
Reave: 1.2 more Multiplier
Ele: added Fire + hatred + HoA = x2 ele multi
Increased: Top End will be 600 = x7 Multiplier
Frenzy Charges: 1.16 more

300 DPS base with 1.8 APS = 170 AVG on hit
Flat phys from Gear (Bloodgrip and 2x Elreon flat phys) = 26 AVG on hit
Total: ~200 AVG on hit

expected_dps = 200*9*1.05*1.2*2*7*1.16 = ~33-35k on a 300 DPS Weapon.

First test with better gear in SC:

Spoiler
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Relytz wrote:
Really interesting build. I was thinking about playing some of the Aegis builds, but their DPS is usually around 10k~15k. If this one can truly achieve 36k or so that'd be fantastic.

Hey,

i tested this build already in SC, here are the DPS:

Here the gear i used:
Spoiler

The Weapon is around 375 DPS. With a 300 DPS weapon you'll end at around 40k top end

Due to the shield and Helm, i also got 10k armor, which is really nuts

Edit: You can have a look on that char in my profile, its all public (Asta_NadoVSTempest) ;)

Thats it for the first. I wish you all a nice ascending! Let the slaughtering begin.. :P

Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 15, 2016, 9:29:36 AM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2016, 7:55:19 PM
Really interesting build. I was thinking about playing some of the Aegis builds, but their DPS is usually around 10k~15k. If this one can truly achieve 36k or so that'd be fantastic.

Also, I could make a little alterations to make this Aegis (what are your thoughts on Aegis?)

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAdwCEQMnBIcFLQkzDPcQ8BQgFHEVIBXsGbQaPhuqG60hYCP2KCopLimlLYMvzDB8MbAyTjWSOuE94j38QKBEnkTSR35I7k2STeNQR1O7WGNfP2LsYxdlTWhlbzt07XTxdqx343gNeK55OXloeu98uHzZfXV-4oE6ggeE2YTvhVKK8ItPjM-NfY-Zl3mbaqOKo-emV6luqZWsr62NsKuxs7Xytoq5Hb02vqfAGsC_wQTBB8GCxILI3Mv1z37RNtN-1FLXfti92WHZfNrB3L3iLORR5w_qGO8O73ryRfJa8932SPaj9zL46_4K_o_-ug==

That's the tree I'd go with Aegis (it's not optimal).
Amulet: The Anvil

That tree gives you 30% block
Aegis gives 32% (62%)
The Anvil Gives 8% (70%)
And the Gladiator gives a total possible of 14% (84% block chance out of a cap of 78%). That's if you chose Violent Retaliation over Gratuitous, which'll give you 12% from the Ascendancy instead.

I'm thinking Gratuitous will likely be superior, due to the fact Movement speed (from Violent) will be almost irrelevant, and this build won't actually be blocking that much to get the increased damage from the proc (since it's reave, and you stay considerably further away from the monsters than say, Cyclone.) Gratuitous will you give exceptional AOE.

So this is four to six percent over capped without even factoring in Tempest Shield or Jewels.
You could simply not spec into some of the block nodes on the tree, and get jewel sockets or some other nodes.

I feel the Aegis build would likely be tankier than yours. Though, I might have to sacrifice some damage which is acceptable for me in HC.

Last edited by Relytz on Feb 28, 2016, 11:26:22 AM
"
Relytz wrote:

Hey,

i tested this build already in SC, here are the DPS:

Here the gear i used:
Spoiler

The Weapon is around 375 DPS. With a 300 DPS weapon you'll end at around 40k top end

Due to the shield and Helm, i also got 10k armor, which is really nuts

Edit: You can have a look on that char in my profile, its all public (Asta_NadoVSTempest) ;)

Last edited by Astarte911 on Feb 29, 2016, 1:34:41 AM
Have you thought about making a variation of this build with the new unique Varunastra? I feel like it would have a lot potential.
Can you do a levelling passive tree please? which part should we go first? and may i ask the reason for your choice of amulet? what do you think about anvil? or any other rare amu. I really didnt understand the reason of bloodgrip. would be very happy if you can help me with my questions ^^ and thank you
and i forgot to ask 1 more thing, is this worth playing on SC? if yes can you post a tree for that aswell please?
hi,

would you consider this a good first char?

how did your leveling progress go?

could you see that you lack dps in leveling?
In my opinion Gratuitous Violence is a whole league better than Outmatch and Outlast.

With your life regen you can run blood rage without problems and the physical explosions for 20% of damage on packs should be massive improvement in clear speed for packs.

Edit:

Also the chance to bleed is per hit, so it will roll for every attack you make with multistrike ( unlike crit which rolls for every 3 attacks ).
So if you reach 9 aps you are looking at 68% chance to bleed enemies during the first second they are alive.
This pretty much guarantees that versus high life monster packs you get a chain reaction once one dies, and can be used to one shot rares (if it stacks with abysall cry that would be nuts also).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Feb 29, 2016, 8:08:43 PM
I was thinking of making a similar kind of build using the new claw(shield) unique.

The biggest issue would likely be getting decent damage.
IGN: The_Lurch
Hey lads, ill try to answer your questions as precise as possible!

@Relytz again
The tree is very solid, you can try that as well!

Also, I could make a little alterations to make this Aegis (what are your thoughts on Aegis?)

Aegis needs a different passive tree and aura (Grace or Deter), since you want to stack as much armor as possible. Aegis builds were hit 2 times: first time with the massive block nerf and second time the item itself was reworked. Thats why you usually play "path of no deeps" with those builds. This is for me personal a total KO criteria.

I feel the Aegis build would likely be tankier than yours. Though, I might have to sacrifice some damage which is acceptable for me in HC.

Yes, for sure. But i want good clearspeed as well, thus, its not an option for me. Your survivability is also dependend on your DPS, not only how much can tank, keep that in mind!

@zexx0
Have you thought about making a variation of this build with the new unique Varunastra?
Its good to start with, but its low base DPS (around 260-270) limits its endgame capability.

@erol1234p
Can you do a levelling passive tree please? which part should we go first?
added!

and may i ask the reason for your choice of amulet?
You have to ask yourself, what do you expect from an amulet. From an HC point, for sure Life. Also, some base phys DPS are good. You dont need WED, crit chance, crit multi with this builds, which removes a lot of suffixes already. Basically, only resses are left, and those you can get via your other slots. Bloodgrip offers 2 strong rolls on hp and base phys, in addition, your Life Flask recovery gets doubled, which means, each use gives you nearly 2k HP. The additional damage while moving removal is just a nice boni. Thats why i like that amu so much ;)

what do you think about anvil?
Removes a lot of DPS, no liferoll, reduces movementspeed. Not an option for me. I think its a crap unique, but thats just me, charging for all dps and life i can get ;)

and i forgot to ask 1 more thing, is this worth playing on SC? if yes can you post a tree for that aswell please?
Sorry, no, this is too much defence for an SC char. A good windripper build with like 5k HP and decent cc/cm will give you a greater pleasure :)

@Fearer
would you consider this a good first char?
No. Good builds at the start of a league are always caster builds.There are a lot of stuff that helps (my divi card "The Kings Blade", some lowlevel uniques and the new unique sword). But all that stuff isnt availabe at the start of a league.

Note: I prolly going to start with a caster as well, since they are a lot easier to start in a new league. Also, that assassin tree is so damn sexy, that i like to test it.

how did your leveling progress go? could you see that you lack dps in leveling?
If you go right at the start of the league with this build, you going to lack in DPS. If you start after 10-14 days after league start, you wont have any problems.

@Mannoth
I think you are right. I was looking also at end-game, and removing blood rage for certain map mods (less reco, no regen, vulnerability, psn on hit/ground, shocked ground etc) looks also appealing to me. But i will give defenitly a shot!

@The_Lurch
Yep, i think you can clear lv 50 areas with that ;)..

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 1, 2016, 3:02:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info