[2.2] Theory Chieftain Blade Vortex Emberwake Ignite

So I started planning this build before realizing it might not be as good as I want it to be, but still figured I'd post about it. Any opinions would be appreciated.

It's a Chieftain Marauder taking the increased strength, chance to ignite, and phys as extra fire in the Ascendancy tree. I'd be using righteous fire and repentance gloves to get iron will for a lot of damage. Blade Vortex would hit a lot to apply lots of ignites on nearby enemies.

The main gem links would be Blade Vortex+Spell Echo+Added Fire+Chance to Ignite+Increased Duration

Auras: Blasphemy Flammability+Purity of Fire+Herald of Ash

Tree something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBA3UD7gSzBg4J9gthDF8SaRQgFVAWbxccGFYYZRkuGjgabBynHRQdviSqJy8n7TGeM4c1kjbpOtg64TwFPC09_D8nQYdDyEbXSshQR1OlWGNYd1ltW6BfBF8_X5hj_WZUZ5todGjybqpxeXGFcg965nwOffWCm4LHg1-DzIV7jM-QVZErlG-aO52un9-iAKZXpwinVa2Nr2yvjbFCtfK3PsBmxBXEWMT2xq7G2M8yz37UfNSP1abYvdlh2mLaudrd42rkIuRR7DjtPO8O73zwH_JF9kj56PrS_go=
Last edited by ZanzabarSideways on Feb 27, 2016, 5:53:31 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 10:24:14 PM
better take a iron will instead of added fire and take avatar of fire
Last edited by cislacoff on Feb 27, 2016, 5:26:52 PM
You should try to add The Taming as second ring since every ignite stack will add 10% increased damage, useless for mob but could be useful against tough bosses, i got a 94 marauder with free respec and taming/emberwake, tomorrow i will give this a try and tell you my thoughts.

ps: also fire penetration is mandatory since you deal full fire damage!
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Feb 27, 2016, 5:59:10 PM
"
crazyjake wrote:
You should try to add The Taming as second ring since every ignite stack will add 10% increased damage, useless for mob but could be useful against tough bosses, i got a 94 marauder with free respec and taming/emberwake, tomorrow i will give this a try and tell you my thoughts.

ps: also fire penetration is mandatory since you deal full fire damage!

I wanted to include The Taming, but I didn't want to rely on it because it's fairly hard to get. I'll have to just live in the Grotto map for the relevant divination cards.

As far as fire pen goes, I wasn't sure on having that be the 5th link. My options seemed like that, increased duration so blade vortex stacks more ignites, or increased burning damage.

And it'd be great if you could test this and give me your thoughts. Although it's unfortunate that you'll be missing 15% chance to ignite from the chieftain ascension, but any testing will help. Thanks!
Hi here the skill tree i used for the test:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAA3UD7gSzBg4J9gthDF8NzRJpFCAWbxccGFYYZRkuGjgabBynHM4dFB2-JKonLyftK1AxnjOHNZI26TrYOuE8LT38PydBh0PIRZ1G10rIUEdTUlOlWGNYd1ltW6BfBF8_X5hj_WZUZ5todGjybqpxeXGFcg965nwOffWCm4LHg1-DzIV7kFWRK5Rvmjua4J2un9-iAKZXpwinVa2Nr2yvja-nsUK18rc-wGbEWMT2xq7G2M8yz37UfNSP1abYvdlh2mLaudrd4XPjauQi5FHr7uw47TzvDu988B_yRfZI-ej60v4K_lQ=?accountName=crazyjake&characterName=BadAndAngry

I tried some combination of gem and the best setup i found is BV - Fire Pen - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Chance to Ignite - Blood Magic
Is almost impossible to sustain the mana cost without Blood Magic since auras reserve almost all mana, unless you invest some points in skill tree (which are counted) AND put both elreon ring and amulet.
The damage is fine i deal 1500 BV toolt without RF up, 2500 with, about 6k life with belly, even RF deal a good amount of damage linked with Burning Damage and Rapid Decay my equip are self found so you can sure get better stat.
In order to sustain RF i had to use Blood Dance since there is no space for Vitality..
The problems are the relatively small BV area since you can' t use Increase Area(mabye with carcass jack?) so the clear speed is just ok, and the ignite damage, since is just here to apply stack for The Taming, it deal almost no damage itself :(
I can say the build is playable but definetly not op, i can deal the same amount of damage with my full block Poison BV and be much more tanky.
hope I have been helpful, if you have other question just ask!
Last edited by crazyjake on Feb 28, 2016, 2:44:55 PM
"
crazyjake wrote:
Hi here the skill tree i used for the test:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAA3UD7gSzBg4J9gthDF8NzRJpFCAWbxccGFYYZRkuGjgabBynHM4dFB2-JKonLyftK1AxnjOHNZI26TrYOuE8LT38PydBh0PIRZ1G10rIUEdTUlOlWGNYd1ltW6BfBF8_X5hj_WZUZ5todGjybqpxeXGFcg965nwOffWCm4LHg1-DzIV7kFWRK5Rvmjua4J2un9-iAKZXpwinVa2Nr2yvja-nsUK18rc-wGbEWMT2xq7G2M8yz37UfNSP1abYvdlh2mLaudrd4XPjauQi5FHr7uw47TzvDu988B_yRfZI-ej60v4K_lQ=?accountName=crazyjake&characterName=BadAndAngry

I tried some combination of gem and the best setup i found is BV - Fire Pen - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Chance to Ignite - Blood Magic
Is almost impossible to sustain the mana cost without Blood Magic since auras reserve almost all mana, unless you invest some points in skill tree (which are counted) AND put both elreon ring and amulet.
The damage is fine i deal 1500 BV toolt without RF up, 2500 with, about 6k life with belly, even RF deal a good amount of damage linked with Burning Damage and Rapid Decay my equip are self found so you can sure get better stat.
In order to sustain RF i had to use Blood Dance since there is no space for Vitality..
The problems are the relatively small BV area since you can' t use Increase Area(mabye with carcass jack?) so the clear speed is just ok, and the ignite damage, since is just here to apply stack for The Taming, it deal almost no damage itself :(
I can say the build is playable but definetly not op, i can deal the same amount of damage with my full block Poison BV and be much more tanky.
hope I have been helpful, if you have other question just ask!

Thanks so much for testing! Based on this and some thinking, I may have to go back to the drawing board on this build. I feel like it's almost there, but not quite. I know that incinerate is probably the best skill for Emberwake/The Taming, but I didn't want to play that skill. Thanks again, maybe I'll figure out something else that is actually worth the investment.
Good news, with the addition of Elemental Overlord keystone and the poison nerf, i'm pretty sure this build will surpass my Poison BV and by far... it basically give you permanent X 1,4 damage multiplier
The chieftain node fit so well with this build! You can even replace the Blood Magic Gem: The 10% reduced mana cost of ascendancy tree along with skill tree node (15%) + reduced mana gem 20/20 (39%)= -64% + 4 jewel 20%= -84% reduced mana cost, if the cost is 53 will reduce it to 9, just equip an elreon amulet and you can cast it for almost free :)
Last edited by crazyjake on Mar 1, 2016, 8:04:25 AM
Yeah, I know this Thread is old, but could you update the tree or post a guide? This Idea seems interesting.
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
Yeah, I know this Thread is old, but could you update the tree or post a guide? This Idea seems interesting.

Hey there, i actualy made that build and am working on a guide and a video for it. Btw, it rocks ^^
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info