More and more dmg numbers?

You start the game doing 5-20 dmg and by the time you get to lvl 80, your damage easily reached 20k plus. High end min/maxing tends to be 50-100k. Crits end game do 4x+ of base damage, meaning you hit for 200k-400k.

I remember getting d3 and by the time I quit (four months later), the numbers were hitting 50k. Now, I saw some pic and could stop laughing; the end game consist of damage numbers hitting your 7 digits. Laughably, they have to add new content; with new content, you get access to more damage, more hp, more gold..etc

Anyone thinks this game is doing the same thing. New content is only hard because X mob does Y more damage and has even more hp. To compensate, you repeat the " get more dmg and more tankyness".
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
You start the game doing 5-20 dmg and by the time you get to lvl 80, your damage easily reached 20k plus. High end min/maxing tends to be 50-100k. Crits end game do 4x+ of base damage, meaning you hit for 200k-400k.

I remember getting d3 and by the time I quit (four months later), the numbers were hitting 50k. Now, I saw some pic and could stop laughing; the end game consist of damage numbers hitting your 7 digits. Laughably, they have to add new content; with new content, you get access to more damage, more hp, more gold..etc

Anyone thinks this game is doing the same thing. New content is only hard because X mob does Y more damage and has even more hp. To compensate, you repeat the " get more dmg and more tankyness".

I don't know what you're talking about... I'm playing a purely defensive build. Marauder, more than 9k HP, 54% physical damage reduction, 750 life regenerated per second. I run Tier 11 maps without any problem and with joke DPS (FireStorm, using just a Consuming Dark dagger).

:)
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Feb 13, 2016, 7:26:16 PM
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about... I'm playing a purely defensive build. Marauder, more than 9k HP, 54% physical damage reduction, 750 life regenerated per second. I run Tier 11 maps without any problem and with joke DPS (FireStorm, using just a Consuming Dark dagger).

:)
firestorm dps is weird. My firestorm is like 6k dmg but it melts pretty much anything

I quit d3 when they got rid of ah and came here.

I also laughed at there dps numbers and every gear having aps and crit

this game has been getting easier and easier

hope it doesn't follow same path and im looking for new game soon. some actually like to grind for stuff rather then be spoon fed
It is going to be interesting to see how GGG balances around the new classes, and whether they'll be looking to slow the "power creep" that has been ramping up faster and faster with clear speed and crit focused builds dominating the top end of content.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Yep... called "power creep" and it's been discussed many times here. Sucks. But for some reason, game developers seem to embrace it.
DPS != clear speed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Aren't there like... even 9 digit numbers?

When it comes to PoE. Don't worry. They tend to nerf more than buff. lol
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep... called "power creep" and it's been discussed many times here. Sucks. But for some reason, game developers seem to embrace it.

people prefer to get more powerful over time its.... not exactly new
I dont see any any key!
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:

firestorm dps is weird. My firestorm is like 6k dmg but it melts pretty much anything

Don't mistake the fire damage per ball, which is the damage listed for firestorm, with the dps for firestorm.

To calculate the dps for firestorm against any single target you need to know the size of the target, the size of your firestorm (i.e. AOE radius modifiers), the skill duration, your casting speed, the average damage per ball, and know enough mathematics to find the probability distribution for hits.

(Or use a calculator made by somebody who does.)

And then you need to distinguish between single cast DPS and sustained casting DPS, as these are very different beasts indeed due to firestorms overlapping and stacking up to a fixed number based on duration and casting speed. It is fairly simple mathematically speaking, but still beyond many players.

Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 13, 2016, 8:54:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info