Game needs more war cries- suggestions

"
Hilldrake wrote:

Those are interesting ideas. I would also prefer to change the Warcry mechanics a little bit. There's no point in having more warcries if you can't combine them in a certain way. I mean, they're supposed to not be spammed, but we should have a system to recover their cooldowns faster or being able to make certain combinations, like: 50% reduced cooldown recovery for warcries for every warcry you use in 4 seconds, and make the base cooldown 1 sec or so. Just an example. But what I mean is I think the system should be more flexible. There's an Ascendancy Class that makes warcries cooldown recover faster and make them instant (idk what that means lol), so, maybe more changes are coming soon ? Who knows.

I also would like to see a Support Gem like this:

Spoiler

Lol wow that is a very nice support idea.

"
Shppy wrote:
Well, to toss out an idea i've posted a few times:

Profane Cry: Applies linked curses to all targets taunted, and grants mild increased curse effect based on number of nearby enemies (~5% flat, plus ~25% per 100 enemies).

Has a more melee-friendly (lower) manacost than curses (cuz let's face it, curses get way too expensive for most melees to manually use, part of why they generally use CoH or Blasphemy instead), and simply gains increased AoE by leveling. Like Blasphemy, increased curse AoE also increases the effect radius.

Imo this is what should have been designed instead of Blasphemy for melee cursing, but even though Blasphemy is here now that doesn't make this meaningless. It still would enable radial-aoe cursing, doesn't reserve mana, and can have a stronger effect and larger base aoe than Blasphemy, even if it isn't passive. Plus the notion of taunting enemies with makes it a bit less appealing for non-melees.

I love this idea
Writing with invisible ink because I'm so cool
Last edited by SuperMotte on Feb 17, 2016, 3:32:08 PM
I really like the Inspiration support idea. Not the named, though.

I don't like the idea of Warcry cursing. The game has enough automatic curse application methods already.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I really like the Inspiration support idea. Not the named, though.

I don't like the idea of Warcry cursing. The game has enough automatic curse application methods already.

To be fair, I've been suggesting this warcry since warcries were first introduced (well before blasphemy was revealed). While Blasphemy kinda helped the melee-cursing situation, I'd still rather have this route.

Furthermore, this isn't an automatic application by any stretch, it's more like a modification of the existing ranged/caster-friendly curse casting into a melee-friendly version of 'casting'. It's not something passive like Blasphemy, it's not applying curses while attacking like curse-on-hit. It's simply modifying a curse to have a casting style and AoE that's more appropriate for melees, while giving them a little advantage over unsupported curses in return for the risk of being in the middle of enemies and taunting them.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 17, 2016, 9:23:31 PM
Shout: Increases defenses by x% for X seconds for you and nearby allies.
Battle Orders: Increases HP/mana by X% for X seconds for you and nearby allies.
Battle Command: Increases Level of all used active skills by 1 for X seconds for you and nearby allies.

Spoiler
Kappa???

Seriously Doe
I would love a BO mara givin me BO all game all day. Let me import my BO baba from D2 into poe plz GGG.
Last edited by SIQI on Feb 17, 2016, 9:58:55 PM
On second thought, why not just allow Warcries to hit? Curse on Hit would immediately work, and even if Warcries deal no damage innately, just slap a damage effectiveness on it and bam! you could support Enduring Cry with Added Cold or some similar, if desired.

By the way, an idea I just had for a new Warcry...
Hemorrhaging Cry
Performs a warcry, inflicting Bleed on nearby Enemies and reducing their Damage. Their Damage is further reduced by surrounding Enemies. Taunts all nearby enemies to attack the user. Shares a cooldown with other Warcry skills.
(20-26)% reduced Damage
(0.6-0.86)% reduced Damage per nearby Enemy
Inflicts Bleed for 2% of Enemy's Life and Energy Shield when Warcry is used per second
500% more Bleeding Damage against Moving Enemies
50% less Warcry Effect against Unique Enemies and other Players
Base duration is 4 seconds

(If the Bleed mechanic is confusing to you, it's Crushing Blow from Diablo 2, in damage-over-time form, with a built-in cooldown.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2016, 12:30:01 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
500% more Bleeding Damage while Enemies are Moving

wat
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
500% more Bleeding Damage while Enemies are Moving

wat
The Bleed status effect normally deals 10% of Physical Hit damage per second while the bleeder is not moving, and 60% while they're moving. Nothing new here.

But the wording does make it seem to apply to all enemies while any enemy is moving, so I reworded it.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 17, 2016, 11:07:52 PM
Sooo... 2% of a monsters HP/sec inflicted as bleed turns into 100% HP/sec when they are moving? Is that the intent behind the 500% more Bleeding Damage?
That would be 4900% more. 500% more means times six. So 12% per second while moving, 6% for uniques/players.

Also, it's not a percent of their maximums unless you use your Warcry on them when they are at full.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2016, 12:25:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info