Game needs more war cries- suggestions

The berserker ascendancy has one exciting node for me, the ability to cast war cries more often, however there are only three..and they share the same cooldown why???

If traps shared the same cooldown it would be unfun.

War cry ideas:

Shrieking/Suppressing Cry - Nearby enemies lose 15% global defenses and lose aggression towards you and nearby allies for 1.00 seconds.

Berserk -Player gains 30% increased armour,30% increased damage and 30% increased life leech rate

Illuminating Cry - Damage does not delay energy shield recharge for 1.5 seconds. Additionally, recover 'x' amount of energy shield per second.-(increased duration passives/gem does not affect the duration over which damage does not prevent es recharge,i.e locked at 1.5s)

Just a few ideas, war cries don't have to be as extravagant as abyssal cry to be usable.
Last edited by JusJev on Nov 29, 2016, 8:52:23 AM
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2016, 9:00:33 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
agreed
while more warcrys is always welcome their cast speed is rather low making you loose a lot of damage so not sure why you want to spam them.

wish war bringer from the berserker worked like this:

warcrys deal damage equal to "x" per enemys affected by warcrys
100% increased warcry cooldown recovery speed

where "x" could be a % of combined life and ES or flat dmg

would be a nice combination with abysal cry

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Feb 13, 2016, 5:27:49 PM
"
caboom wrote:
while more warcrys is always welcome their cast speed is rather low making you loose a lot of damage so not sure why you want to spam them.

0.25 seconds is fast mate.
warcries are a waste of time in terms of killng speed
"why the fuck not"
dank

Those are interesting ideas. I would also prefer to change the Warcry mechanics a little bit. There's no point in having more warcries if you can't combine them in a certain way. I mean, they're supposed to not be spammed, but we should have a system to recover their cooldowns faster or being able to make certain combinations, like: 50% reduced cooldown recovery for warcries for every warcry you use in 4 seconds, and make the base cooldown 1 sec or so. Just an example. But what I mean is I think the system should be more flexible. There's an Ascendancy Class that makes warcries cooldown recover faster and make them instant (idk what that means lol), so, maybe more changes are coming soon ? Who knows.

I also would like to see a Support Gem like this:

Spoiler

Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Feb 16, 2016, 8:59:01 AM
Well, to toss out an idea i've posted a few times:

Profane Cry: Applies linked curses to all targets taunted, and grants mild increased curse effect based on number of nearby enemies (~5% flat, plus ~25% per 100 enemies).

Has a more melee-friendly (lower) manacost than curses (cuz let's face it, curses get way too expensive for most melees to manually use, part of why they generally use CoH or Blasphemy instead), and simply gains increased AoE by leveling. Like Blasphemy, increased curse AoE also increases the effect radius.

Imo this is what should have been designed instead of Blasphemy for melee cursing, but even though Blasphemy is here now that doesn't make this meaningless. It still would enable radial-aoe cursing, doesn't reserve mana, and can have a stronger effect and larger base aoe than Blasphemy, even if it isn't passive. Plus the notion of taunting enemies with makes it a bit less appealing for non-melees.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 14, 2016, 5:25:41 PM
Other ideas:

Forum Cartographers Cry:
Chance to drop maps increased by 100% per X number of enemies taunted.
Spoiler
Taunted enemies are cursed with salt
Spoiler
Such satire
Spoiler
So meta
Spoiler
Top Kek
"
Shppy wrote:
Well, to toss out an idea i've posted a few times:

Profane Cry: Applies linked curses to all targets taunted, and grants mild increased curse effect based on number of nearby enemies (~5% flat, plus ~25% per 100 enemies).

Has a more melee-friendly (lower) manacost than curses (cuz let's face it, curses get way too expensive for most melees to manually use, part of why they generally use CoH or Blasphemy instead), and simply gains increased AoE by leveling. Like Blasphemy, increased curse AoE also increases the effect radius.

+1 ! Really good idea !
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Feb 16, 2016, 8:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info